Punters Club 2014.......GO LIONS!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow it has been a while since I have started a new thread......is there anybody out there.....?

Just putting it out there to see if we should revive ye olde punting club.

What is this thing you call punting club I hear you ask....we'll because Jorgo did such a great job detailing this last year I have pretty much cut and pasted what he said in the 2013 edition....

The BigFooty Lions Board Punters Club was setup to give those of us Lions Board Members who like a punt a new way to interact and get involved here on BigFooty.

For a very minimal outlay (see "How do I join?") you get to be part of a season full of riding bets home, enjoying the thrills of glory and no doubt plenty of that bitter taste of defeat... plus all the comradery that comes along with it... i.e. sledging & ridicule :p

We cater for members of any level of sports betting experience from those who know it all to those who stare blankly at form guides in the paper thinking it's written in some other language.

The important thing to know that everything this club does is done via a collaborative effort, all decisions made are made via a voting system and each member gets an equal say.

So don't be shy if you think you don't know enough about how sports betting, or this Club works, we're all here to help each other and have a bit of fun so don't hesitate if you're interested... simply get on board!

How does it all work?

Each week a number (usually 2) of Punters Club members are rostered on to place a $10 bet on behalf of the Club. This bet can be on any market & betting type available through our chosen betting account.

All bets must be posted in the thread before C.O.B on the Friday of the respective weekend and will be placed by the Punters Club administrator (currently TBA and happy for it to be me if we can get this off the ground) from funds available in the betting account.

Initially the betting roster will give each member 2 rostered weeks of betting (i.e. 2 x $10 betting weekends). Once we have cycled through all members an audit of remaining funds will be made and new rosters will be organised and any further contributions from members will be requested should they be required.

How do I join?

Membership is available to all BigFooty Lions Board Posters who are 18 years and over and requires an initial $20 deposit to be made to the Punters Club administrator.

Please express your interest in joining the club by posting along those lines in the thread itself.

What happens to any winnings?

Throughout the year dollars won will usually help fund additional cycles through the betting roster giving us a chance to win further money.

However at the end of each "Season", which usually roughly correlates to the end of the AFL season, a decision is made on what to do with any remaining funds. Like with all Club decisions, group consensus is sought on what to do with these funds.

In the past the decision has been made to purchase a Lions Player Sponsorship (in 2012 the Lions Board Punters Club was, and is again in 2013, the Proud Sponsor of Simon Black), but other options can be discussed such as splitting up winnings amongst members, rolling the funds over into the next calendar year etc etc.

So far the interested parties are:

joshhem
The Flying Belgian
Football Pope
doddgey
cjwalkley
PertRoosOsborne

I think we need at least 15 or so participants to make it worthwhile.

1. Anyone else keen?

May take a few weeks to get off the ground but that's ok.......

So at this stage we have 11 good folk interested:

joshhem PAID
The Flying Belgian
Football Pope
doddgey PAID
cjwalkley
PertRoosOsborne
GingerGreatness
laceout
POBT
Caiphus
Fatcat08
Voss the boss PAID

Anyone else please let me know if you are interested as I was thinking we have our first punt in round 2.....?

I will need to set up an account.......does anyone have any preferences/ideas as to who we should use?

I will PM everyone with account details soon so that you can transfer your $20 stake.

Any questions or ideas?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Time to get this ball rolling...by starting with choosing an online site.

Have seen this:

http://www.puntersparadise.com.au/betting/

Ladbrokes and Unibet have good intro deals yeah?.....although their markets may be a bit different to what we used to.

Any thoughts.....@cjwalkley.....what sites can you get referral bonuses from?

cjwalkley

Will PM everyone with my account details so you can deposit the initial $20 outlay and then I will create a punting roster....

Last edited:
Last edited:
GG is right; let's launch this puppy.

I reckon that we hold off on opening an online account until we have more paid up members as it will increase the bonus bet?

Happy to put cash bets on at the TAB this week and if they are successful we can include the stake and the winnings in the initial account deposit.

So this weeks lucky punters are.........

joshhem
Voss the boss

No pressure!

just for future reference - how does the line thing work. i.e. St Kilda line (+62.5) does this mean you win if st kilda lose by less than that?

So that's:

Blues(+24.5)/Bombers (-24.5)
Cats (-8.5)/Pies (+8.5)
Saints (+62.5)/Eagles (-62.5)
Tigers (-24.5)/Dogs (+24.5)

So that's:

Blues(+24.5)/Bombers (-24.5)
Cats (-8.5)/Pies (+8.5)
Saints (+62.5)/Eagles (-62.5)
Tigers (-24.5)/Dogs (+24.5)

Not all of joshhem bets are not the standard line bets....he has gone for some exotic lines through Sportsbet I think....

The varying TAB lines are

Blues (+12.5)/Bombers (-12.5)
Tigers (+21.5)/Dogs (-21.5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back