Universal Love Purple Bombers

Remove this Banner Ad

What valuable pieces of Australian heritage or culture have been lost to political correctness exactly?
Plenty. People now bag the Anzacs, you can't say anything remotely politically incorrect (especially on social media), no more kick to kick on football grounds, and probably worst of all is the disappearance of most things humorous.

I suppose you're one of those know-it-all greenies hey?
If you're going to accuse others of resorting to name calling and insults, it's best if you don't do so yourself. Otherwise it erodes your credibility.

Plenty. People now bag the Anzacs, you can't say anything remotely politically incorrect (especially on social media), no more kick to kick on football grounds, and probably worst of all is the disappearance of most things humorous.
Well he's banned now, but if this is the best he's come up with I think I'll put on my top hat and be on my way.

Actually, no, that would be giving in to bigotry and letting it win. And you know what, I thank the posters who took the time to send me messages expressing as such, because they're right.

So after discussion with the other mods, we'll throw this open again.

If people want to keep talking about the Purple Bombers and their views on it, and it's quite possible some might, here we have it. But don't quote 'it' above- they've been dealt with. They're not coming back.

I think the trick that a few people miss is that these sort of initiatives are not meant to be all encompassing, sweeping agents of mass change.

It's more about every little bit making a small difference, bit by bit. Purple Bombers/any other team isn't going to lead to gay equality overnight, but they're all another brick in the wall towards realising that, and not in the Pink Floyd way.

Glad to see the back of people (use the term 'people' loosely there) like that and disgusted they wear the red & black. A parody of themselves no doubt.
How do they not understand what our club represents past, present and future? Disgusting.

Glad to see the back of people (use the term 'people' loosely there) like that and disgusted they wear the red & black. A parody of themselves no doubt.
How do they not understand what our club represents past, present and future? Disgusting.
They advocate a return to our former nickname.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They advocate a return to our former nickname.
Well hey, according to some flog in Britain we should change our name because bombers = glorifying terrorism and murder.

Or summat.

Not making this up.

Well hey, according to some flog in Britain we should change our name because bombers = glorifying terrorism and murder.

Or summat.

Not making this up.

Fair enough but only if Hawthorn change their name from the Hawks to 'Poo and Wee.' Far more terrifying imo.
I call a group of hawthorn supporters a 'wave of diarrhea.'

I still maintain that my Essendon Brokebacks idea deserved more love. :(
In terms of riling up the Maguire and son double act, an EFC brokeback mountain theme set in the high country would be excellent. It would pit their homophobia against their zeal for alpine grazing. Their tiny minds wouldn't cope.

If we have to have a ridiculous clash strip, I wouldn't be opposed to incorporating purple somewhere along the way for one week or another. Not every week, because we could use different away games for different initiatives. but yeah.
Its a bit Freo though, isn't it? Not that I advocate alternate jumpers and even moreso moving away from traditional colours but surely if you're going to do it you'd go with rainbow sash.

Its a bit Freo though, isn't it? Not that I advocate alternate jumpers and even moreso moving away from traditional colours but surely if you're going to do it you'd go with rainbow sash.

I'd probably go qantas uniform, or purple with a red sash (maybe black outlines).

qantas-uniforms-2014.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back