Put a line through Freo?

Remove this Banner Ad

There is no doubt they miss Hill and Walters, but if i were 'Ross the Boss' i would make the 'cheesemaker' play in the WAFL for a week and put him on notice. They might have a love affair going on with Ballantyne, but you can't keep turning a blind eye all the time.

They cannot afford to be without him without Walters in the side.

There is no doubt they miss Hill and Walters, but if i were 'Ross the Boss' i would make the 'cheesemaker' play in the WAFL for a week and put him on notice. They might have a love affair going on with Ballantyne, but you can't keep turning a blind eye all the time.

We'll probably do that about the same time Scott drops Stevie J for his indiscretions.

Though even that isn't a fair comparison because Ballantyne is actually in good form.

Collingwood beat West Coast by 37 points round 16 2006. Pretty sure Collingwood were bottom of the ladder at the time.
that was the year before mate. I think wce won 8 straight, then the pies got up by 23 points. In 2006 the pies finished 5th and were knocked out first week of the finals to the doggies.

funnily enough the pies beat the weagles in each of their premiership seasons. 94 and 2006 both games in Melbourne I think the pies won by 37 exactly. in 92 got your boys by a point at Subi. Who could forget that 94 final where McGuane spilled a mark at the end which would have saw him lining up for goal after the siren in that 1st vs 8th contest. Ahhhh the 90's, the pinnacle of the great Australian game.

funnily enough the pies beat the weagles in each of their premiership seasons. 94 and 2006 both games in Melbourne I think the pies won by 37 exactly. in 92 got your boys by a point at Subi. Who could forget that 94 final where McGuane spilled a mark at the end which would have saw him lining up for goal after the siren in that 1st vs 8th contest. Ahhhh the 90's, the pinnacle of the great Australian game.

Dat finals serious :unf:

We should go

1 vs 8
2 vs 7
3 vs 6
4 vs 5

Straight knockout IMO

I think Freo will lift after the st kilda loss. I certainly wouldn't say it was a good loss to have because it could cost them a home final or a double chance but I think it will make them play better footy from here on in.

Dat finals serious :unf:

We should go

1 vs 8
2 vs 7
3 vs 6
4 vs 5

Straight knockout IMO
That finals series was good in some ways absolute shocking in others. Gives the top team the advantage of playing the '' worst '' team. On the flip side gives the shitter team the chance to go one win away from a grand final. WCE in 94 and Blues in 95 hardest games came in week 1 vs the 8th placed team. Carlton in 94 got done by 7th placed Dees lol. Cats in 97 likewise vs the Roos I think Carey tore them apart with 7 majors that game.

It will come down to their game against Hawthorn. Win that and I reckon 2nd is theirs for the taking. Hopefully Hawks can hit form and regain some players to make the game a contest.
Are the Hawks even out of form though? They're still performing at a high level bar one aberration imo.

that was the year before mate. I think wce won 8 straight, then the pies got up by 23 points. In 2006 the pies finished 5th and were knocked out first week of the finals to the doggies.
Oops. One year blends into the next when it comes to Collingwood beating West Coast away.:straining:

Good that I was wrong though, I hated the thought of giving Dockers fans hope!

We'll probably do that about the same time Scott drops Stevie J for his indiscretions.

Though even that isn't a fair comparison because Ballantyne is actually in good form.
I've been an advocate for Stevie J to spend time in the twos for brainfades before, but the day a coach actually has the guts to do it i expect the reformation of 'The Smiths' the day after....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been an advocate for Stevie J to spend time in the twos for brainfades before, but the day a coach actually has the guts to do it i expect the reformation of 'The Smiths' the day after....
And why would any coach want to penalize a side by dropping good players just for disciplinary reasons. Some of those reports should never have been reports in the first place and that goes for Ballantyne too..

weagles also lost to them in 92, but Fitzroy weren't exactly s**t then. I think Doc Whieldon got a freakish soccer goal in that game. West Coast hit their straps the very next game against the league leaders Footscray and never looked back from that point on.

It seems without Sandilands domination of the ruck and injuries to a couple of key players and Freo turn into a pretty ordinary side and would have to improve 100% to win a flag this year.

Can say that about most teams though. Taking out a teams number one ruckman and a few key players in the forward line and midfield and I'd say most teams, if not all would struggle

And why would any coach want to penalize a side by dropping good players just for disciplinary reasons. Some of those reports should never have been reports in the first place and that goes for Ballantyne too..

Yeah that's the thing - you'd be stupid to drop players for that considering how trigger happy and inconsistent the MRP are these days.

Such a contrast.

1994 (1st) we beat 8th at home, 7th at home then 4th in the GF.

1992 (4th) we beat 5th at home, beat 1st away then 1st in the GF.

Make Ballas play in the WAFL after your team got smashed against the team that'll probably win the spoon. So he misses that match, team has the bye this week and he should play WAFL next week, meaning he hasn't played an AFL game in a month when he comes back. Do I even need to explain how stupid you are :drunk:

It seems without Sandilands domination of the ruck and injuries to a couple of key players and Freo turn into a pretty ordinary side and would have to improve 100% to win a flag this year.
Oh hi, I see you're new to AFL. Let me give you a quick history lesson. In 2013 Sandilands missed most of the year and freo finished top four. They also missed Pav for most of the year.

Make Ballas play in the WAFL after your team got smashed against the team that'll probably win the spoon. So he misses that match, team has the bye this week and he should play WAFL next week, meaning he hasn't played an AFL game in a month when he comes back. Do I even need to explain how stupid you are :drunk:
Just keep looking at that empty trophy cabinet and keep asking yourself why? How long do you wish to have your head in the sand? Do you think Premierships are easy to win? Is Ballantyne helping or hindering the cause? There are many questions to be answered, but for some bizarre reason Dockers fans automatically think a flag is just going to happen, it will pop up out of thin air without any real thought, planning, effort and discipline. Do I need to explain how stupid you are:drunk:

Just keep looking at that empty trophy cabinet and keep asking yourself why? How long do you wish to have your head in the sand? Do you think Premierships are easy to win? Is Ballantyne helping or hindering the cause? There are many questions to be answered, but for some bizarre reason Dockers fans automatically think a flag is just going to happen, it will pop up out of thin air without any real thought, planning, effort and discipline. Do I need to explain how stupid you are:drunk:

Cameron Mooney / Stephanie Johnson Board

Remove this Banner Ad

Back