Society/Culture Q&A 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Kid who asked the question about the lock out/nanny state looked like a young Liberal douche who'd be the first to demand the death penalty if any of his friends were felled by a drunken idiot.

yep. I'm not convinced on the lockout laws. Friends who live in Newtown, say that the eastern suburbs douche bags have been turning up late and night, drunk around there and violence has escalated.

yep. I'm not convinced on the lockout laws. Friends who live in Newtown, say that the eastern suburbs douche bags have been turning up late and night, drunk around there and violence has escalated.
That's been on the news last year, lots of complaints from the hipsters there, and i can sympathise.

And I bet the pubs still open in Surry Hills are feeling the wrath too.

Keep your dickhead drunks in the Cross NSW government.

WOW. Grace Collier just spanked that grimy little grub (David Oliver). That was good to watch.
You are kidding! The silly bitch who passes herself off as an industrial relations expert asked why unions, which are not for profit organisations, didn't pay tax. What a cretin!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not for profit hahahahahahahaha
Stand over merchants don't pay tax
If you want standover merchants you don't have to go past a couple of very well known construction companies to find them. Not to mention placing workers welfare at risk through cost cutting. A bigger pack of bastards you'd go a long way to find.

If you want standover merchants you don't have to go past a couple of very well known construction companies to find them. Not to mention placing workers welfare at risk through cost cutting. A bigger pack of bastards you'd go a long way to find.
And yet the unions happily takes their money under the guise of representing workers rights.

Yeah it was a pretty s**t panel, turned off half way through. Liberal Minister, Labor MP, hack from The Australian aka 2nd Liberal, freaking Neil Mitchell (really, you're in Melbourne and that was the best you could get?). Union guy was the best.

And yet the unions happily takes their money under the guise of representing workers rights.
"Under the guise"!!!!! If it weren't for unions workers would be working 50 hour weeks, on pittance wages, without reasonable safety protections, sacked at short notice without explanation, less annual leave, no maternity leave et al.

There are a few rogues in the union movement who should be identified and prosecuted. Far less than in the business world. Anyone vaguely familiar with the courts in this land would know that. And there is more thuggery in the business world.

"Under the guise"!!!!! If it weren't for unions workers would be working 50 hour weeks, on pittance wages, without reasonable safety protections, sacked at short notice without explanation, less annual leave, no maternity leave et al.
Correct "Under the guise".

Sorry I find it hard to believe that the majority of corrupt people fell into the business world, while the majority of good honest citizens fell into the union movement. It almost defies the law of averages.........

There is definitely a place and need for union in any economy but the absolute praise unions heap on themselves is hilarious, almost like a religion.

Correct "Under the guise".

Sorry I find it hard to believe that the majority of corrupt people fell into the business world, while the majority of good honest citizens fell into the union movement. It almost defies the law of averages.........

There is definitely a place and need for union in any economy but the absolute praise unions heap on themselves is hilarious, almost like a religion.
You clearly have little to do with the courts. Even a casual look through the daily lists will see businessman after businessman listed for some sort of alleged wrongdoing.

You clearly have little to do with the courts. Even a casual look through the daily lists will see businessman after businessman listed for some sort of alleged wrongdoing.
I actually do look through sentencing remarks for Courts SA weekly (better than reading the actual news); can't recall anything to do with dodgy business men recently... perhaps you could forward me to the relevant court listings that are clogged up by dodgy business men? Not that anecdotal evidence is a true measure of anything.

There are a few rogues in the union movement who should be identified and prosecuted. Far less than in the business world. Anyone vaguely familiar with the courts in this land would know that. And there is more thuggery in the business world.
I'm fairly sick of this argument and other variations on it ("well give up your penalty rates, sick leave, 40hr working week, etc"). This was all established ages ago, and we're very thankful for that. However the role of the unions needs to evolve with the times, and it could well be argued that they haven't done this very well.

I'm fairly sick of this argument and other variations on it ("well give up your penalty rates, sick leave, 40hr working week, etc"). This was all established ages ago, and we're very thankful for that. However the role of the unions needs to evolve with the times, and it could well be argued that they haven't done this very well.
Evolve to what? IR reform is going to be a big ticket item over the next few years, who's going to represent workers interests going forward if not the unions?

The aqueduct.

Evolve to what? IR reform is going to be a big ticket item over the next few years, who's going to represent workers interests going forward if not the unions?
So the status quo of unions is adequate going forward? They are immune to any sort of process/practice improvements? All the meanwhile the economy, in which their workers are employed, is evolving and changing.

As I said above, unions almost see themselves like a religion now; they are beyond reproach and think they know better than everyone else.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back