QAFA (A) - 2014 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe were back went to suttons beach one day with his boogie board to catch some killer waves. And got very disappointed !

It took Moorooka that long to save up the coin eh?
Tips for the grand final

Ressies: Carrara will come out fired up and be with them early but UQ's skill and fitness will shine through and they will run over the top of them in the second half.

Verdict: UQ by 6-7 goals.

Seniors: Should be a fierce and epic contest between 2 heavyweights of the competition and am expecting a firiey start to the game. Both sides will throw all at the contest and leave nothing in the thanks but IMO Griffith Moorooka overall look a classier outfit that have strengths all over the park and will wear the swans down and run away with the victory

Verdict: Griffith Moorooka by 3-4 goals

Also tipping EPIC celebrations from the Moorooka faithful as the roosters bring home their first premiership cup in over 2 decades!

Good Luck to all!
If they win, First premiership cup in two decades? What, did it take em that long to save up the coin to by the players?

Says the guy with a fake name himself ? Hunting a premiership ? I won the spoon
Mate haha,
Quit being a sore loser ya big girl
Better team won on the day grow up ya

Last edited:

Lol moot u so mad? You play for Carrara or some s**t? Tell acka I said what up! How many blokes did he try cuddle after the game and be mates with after trying on the cheap elbows and trying too take their head off? Lol

Congratulations to Marooka-Griffith for a well earned win. Played the smarter footy, good voice around the contest and plenty of enthusiasm. They did look fresher than some battle weary Pine Rivers players although I couldnt help but think the excited Roosters may burn all their energy during the warm up.....reminded me a little of a school execursion to Wet and Wild.

The footy gods smiled on the Roosters for the day, they had the wind in the first quarter which I reckon was worth 2goals, then in the second quarter...whaddya know...it swung back the other way.

The footy gods smiled yet again when the roosters runner put a nice block on #1 for Pine Rivers. No free kick, no mention from the umpires. I'm not going to bash a volunteer, I'll give her the benefit of the doubt and assume it was some inexperience or just caught off guard but Morro, mate it's not so much what you guys pay it's what you DONT that really pisses us off. For the record it was your hat wearing colleague that couldnt quite make out a white t-shirt wearing female runner right in the thick of a marking contest...and putting on an effective block for the Roosters. s**t umpiring in any language any day of the week and a farce to see during a grand final.

The better team won on the day though. The Roosters using the footy better, switching play, chipping to advantage and providing some good targets up forward and in general all around the ground. As an opposition player and supporter you'd hate #30 with his in your face style but he's got a very smart head on the shoulders and was very handy on the day as was the other members of the fluro boot brigade, I think #7 (full back and ruck perhaps), the fullback particularly in the first quarter did a great job. I didnt stick around for the eventual BOG. Anybody?

Pine Rivers looked to have a couple players with sore ribs, either copping a knock early in the contest or still ginger from last week. They didnt look as keen and played down the line footy admittedly had some solid marking targets but rarely if ever switched the footy. They did provide a contest and at 3/4 qtr time it was up for grabs. Was their gun midfielder injured from last week? He wasnt on the ground a lot and seemed a bit gun shy although used the footy very well on a couple of occasions.

Credit to the Swans for not throwing in the towel, the finished with a few goals to close out the grand final and gave the crowd something to get amped about particularly in the 3rd quarter.

Enjoy your beers boys, by all accounts it's a long time between drinks for the victors (First grade).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done Moorooka, cellar dwellers 2 years ago, premiers today. Massive effort from all involved and, in particular, a huge tick for the coach, who took this team from rags to riches. Not sure why he wasn't acknowledged as coach of the year in QAFA.

A massive effort by the boys today. I posted a tongue in cheek message a couple of months ago saying the players were no good and the coach was great. Well the coach is still great but today the players were exceptional. Well done boys.

A massive effort by the boys today. I posted a tongue in cheek message a couple of months ago saying the players were no good and the coach was great. Well the coach is still great but today the players were exceptional. Well done boys.
Yeah, but it was the coach who changed their way of thinking and turned them into players capable of winning a div 3 flag. If they're allowed to make the jump up to div 2, it will allow them to start playing some real quality and test themselves against sides that can actually play the game in a fashion more familiar with what resembles real footy

Well done roosters from where u have come a long journey that most I these clubs know little about Go the mighty rooster

Just drove past the Moorooka club house, few blokes wearing some quite pretty frocks, enjoy the sips boys.

comiserations to pine also. i think this leagues is heading to some epic heights in the not too distant future, with the almost certainty that Caboolture and maybe Nambour dropping form the QFA you will have the 5 power houses (considering these sides stay relitivly the same) GM, Pine, Redcliffe, Caboolture, Nambour. could be anyones game! remembering nambour lost 4 games in 2 years leading up to there promotion in this division

comparing teams across leagues is pointless IMO - yes wynnum have been great this year but they are also the team that got hammered week in week out last year in both grades. Yes they also have a host of great blokes now playing with them that didnt play last year - but div 4 plays on a friday night and allows these guys weekends with family or work. you can't guarantee 100% that everyone of them will front up should the club go up and be forced to play on a saturday with increased travel.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back