QAFA (A) 2015 season

Remove this Banner Ad

.... He did ask the question. But most umpires don't like swearing. You can ask questions without swearing blocker. But once again it's easy to get upset when you're losing. Salt got sent off for swearing at the umpire in the last qtr too. Pirates played well...

Swearing remains a reportable offense. Ultimately hasn't happened in a while but best not to give the men in snot green ammunition.

Swearing remains a reportable offense. Ultimately hasn't happened in a while but best not to give the men in snot green ammunition.
That's right but it is senior football and these days the "f bomb" is used pretty liberally and frustration plays a big part..
Yes you have to respect the umpire but they have to be a flexible as well.
I've seen the female umpire officiate 3 times and she has yellow carded players every game.

I took the family down the Coast today to have a look at the match of the round , and it didn't let me down two well drilled teams played a great game in very windy conditions
Game was in the balance with still 1 minute on the clock GM were good in the air and had there far share a chances but bond were very quick around the ground and also around the stoppages , #7 for GM was red carded in the first 10 minutes of the game not the umpires finest moment in game. I will be going back to watch the next time they each other , I feel for ippy next week as they play GM who will be seething at this missed oppertunity day to cement top spot
Huge unbalance in scoring shots. Bond booting 20 behinds

Swearing at the umpire is a reportable offence.

Swearing on the field, or at teammates/opponents is technically an offence worthy of a free kick - its rarely paid, and nor should it be.

If an umpire is choosing to award free kicks whenever an expletive is used, no matter where directed - they should inform both teams before the game so they are aware. Because 9 times out of 10 it's let go, players and coaches obviously get upset if suddenly the rule is enforced without warning.

Common sense in the umpires department is often not very common though.

Hey QAFL, think you are being a bit harsh mate. In 2013 we (Wynnum) lost a heap of players but we soldiered on playing QFA for that season being absolute hammered by every team. We had our old boys team backing up to play ressies. It was a very demoralising season for the club. If we had of had the option to drop down one level I think we would have. You cant blame guys for not wanting to be smashed week after week. In 2014 our numbers situation only got worse so we had to drop down 2 divisions to recuperate and lift the moral of the club, which fortunately we did, hence the step back up one division this year. I think clubs should have an option of where they want to play or the QAFL has to have some sort of grading system. I think we would all prefer every grade to be competitive as possible not handing out 100+ point hidings. Again unless you are inside the workings of any individual club you really cannot have any idea of what they are going through. So just think you are being a little harsh on the Kedron boys.

I agree that in the medium term there should be a promotion/relegation system in the leagues other than QAFA B, where obviously it's Friday focused and requires no ressies.

But the whole re-structure was announced and everyone was told it would be a 2 year moratorium other than QAFA B sides moving up. Kedron finished 3rd in 2014 and wanted to go down a division. They could never allow that, as it would open a can of worms. There were worse sides in QFA both North and South, than Kedron.

As soon as they move, then 3 other clubs could put their hand up to do the same and then you destroy the QFA Comp, or have to merge them back again.

Yeah mate I am from Wynnum. Kingy is one of our team leaders in the seniors and has been playing some great football.
I am not a part of the selection group so cannot answer your question about Ireland definitively but I think he has been struggling with a few injuries and so has not been able to cement a spot in the senior side yet. Just a case of other players getting the jump on him atm. But give him a few games to show what he has got and I am sure he will be putting the pressure on other players.

Is the guy who played for Wynnum last year, and Vic Point this year who shares your initial and surname your brother MacMan?

One of the send off's was ridiculous, when the player was asking the umpire why a down field free kick wasn't paid by her when one of blokes was pile driven after he kicked it on the wing going into our forward line. To then see him sent off from our full back line and the ball brought back to 30 metres out in front of Tigers goal giving them a gift goal really spoilt the good game of footy.

Funny thing is that the player sent off was the other umpires son. The female umpire and before I get slammed, I am happy to have female umpires and our club is a huge advocate for girls footy, is not up to umpiring standard for men's senior footy. Take nothing away as I said previous Tigers deserved the win and despite these decisions I think they still would have won.

My old mate Blocker ...... it shocks me that people would accuse you of having a crack at the umpiring :) I am a bit nervous that I will cop the "wrath of Blocker" at some stage this year as I have seen it first hand when playing with and being coached by you how passionate you get for your team.

As for our "female umpire" not being up to standard I will have to disagree. She is very experienced and has umpired grand finals in the past few years and like the rest of us goes out to do her best every week. Sure I didn't see the game ( I was umpiring Kenmore who had a 240 point win) but I would suggest she was doing her best and if she made a mistake or 2 (and who doesn't make mistakes every week players, coaches and umpires) she shouldn't be hung out to dry. In the end if you don't whinge and whine about decisions we won't have these situations

How'd you go boys? Bond that good or were you that bad ?? Junior considering retirement now? back2back considering a username change?
Bond were good, quick, fit and skilled. They also really play for each other which is impressive given they are such a new team.

Will be hard to beat.

Is the guy who played for Wynnum last year, and Vic Point this year who shares your initial and surname your brother MacMan?

Hey QAFL, I think he would be very insulted with you calling him my brother considering he is about 19 and I am 45. Mind you we both have about the same build but no he is no relation to me at all. Was very confusing at times when he played for Wynnum. The young bugger actually calls me Granddad. His name is Shannon while I am Shane

They kicked 8 goals 20 behinds and still got over the line ? Your supposed to be the benchmark this year and you lost to children. Your username suggests you are predicting another premiership before May?

Footy king u are assuming things . I am hopeful of Hawthorne winning the flag again . I don't understand what u mean by "you lost to children " as that did happen to me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bond were good, quick, fit and skilled. They also really play for each other which is impressive given they are such a new team.

Will be hard to beat.

Bond won flag last year in division below and have kept their list together plus some new additions from higher divisions this year. Agree will be hard to beat but not unbeatable and it is still only May lads

Shock to see Pirates loose last two games, must have some injuries, I picked them for top three. And the Suns also, they gave Ippy a 7 goal start and we're lucky to get out of jail. Bond Roosters easily top two best teams and yard stick

Shock to see Pirates loose last two games, must have some injuries, I picked them for top three. And the Suns also, they gave Ippy a 7 goal start and we're lucky to get out of jail. Bond Roosters easily top two best teams and yard stick
shock? Come on karmaking. Don't count out the Tigers. Pirates do have a few injures but so does a few teams at this stage. Pirates no depth?

shock? Come on karmaking. Don't count out the Tigers. Pirates do have a few injures but so does a few teams at this stage. Pirates no depth?

very few teams this year or any year for that matter have genuine senior player depth.

Hence my prediction months ago that the team with the least senior team injuries at the end of the year will win it.

very few teams this year or any year for that matter have genuine senior player depth.

Hence my prediction months ago that the team with the least senior team injuries at the end of the year will win it.
Comments like that just proves your ilk as a true guru of the game and this division Morro.

Not counting out the Tigers, the footy Gods have not been kind to them early this year with floods and forfeits on Anzac Day, unable to play or train at home for few weeks, look out for the Tigers in back half of the season, they can easily make the final 5

Great tipping round by you this week....do you play lol

Well my friend we all know I play (or try to ) and that's because people know I'm nick Pearson and play for the roosters and you are ? Oh that's right the guy who's s**t scared morro might give him a genuine flogging if you ever grow a set and make your self known.

And footy king I'm still contemplating retirement after the children beat me up lol .

Credit to bond they ran hard we played well in patches always hurts when not only a rotation down but you take the best player in the comp out of the side early in the piece . But regardless bond got the points, it's a shame we won't get to see them again in the season proper would love to welcome them to the pen .

In other news kp for the Colman flower and temple could have some competition if he keeps kicking them . Another 5 for him I heard ?

Well my friend we all know I play (or try to ) and that's because people know I'm nick Pearson and play for the roosters and you are ? Oh that's right the guy who's s**t scared morro might give him a genuine flogging if you ever grow a set and make your self known.

And footy king I'm still contemplating retirement after the children beat me up lol .

Credit to bond they ran hard we played well in patches always hurts when not only a rotation down but you take the best player in the comp out of the side early in the piece . But regardless bond got the points, it's a shame we won't get to see them again in the season proper would love to welcome them to the pen .

In other news kp for the Colman flower and temple could have some competition if he keeps kicking them . Another 5 for him I heard ?
What was the send off for NP

What was the send off for NP

Striking, he hasn't been reported and won't miss any games as far as I'm aware. From where I was it looked as though Jordy was trying to shrug a guy of who was holding him by the legs . But I didn't have the best position to see , no one was Injured but obviously the umpire was in a much better position to call it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back