QAFA (A) 2015 season

Remove this Banner Ad

I would say Suns, Carrara, Ipswich and Pirates are definitely all better sides from last year.

I know the Buffs are in a rebuild so hard to line them up and it is hard to gauge Pine Rivers due to the player movement.

The new sides Wynnum and Viccy Point are more than competitive when they have there best sides out on park.

So I can't see where you are saying it has gone backwards?

I know we have been all quick to whack Pine Rivers but I would like to pay them a huge compliment on their recent funding idea.

Their last application to the State Gambling Grant was successful in which they applied for defibrillators for every club playing in the QAFA A and QAFA North competitions. Not sure of the total of clubs that these are going to but they are worth around $2500 each so it is a great gesture.

I think each club will require training to use them but I am sure every club will welcome the addition to their medical packs. Hopefully we never get to use them but we will be all better off for having them.

Once again big thanks to Pine Rivers and a great initiative. Well done to their committee and whoever else was behind the idea.

I would say Suns, Carrara, Ipswich and Pirates are definitely all better sides from last year.

I know the Buffs are in a rebuild so hard to line them up and it is hard to gauge Pine Rivers due to the player movement.

The new sides Wynnum and Viccy Point are more than competitive when they have there best sides out on park.

I didn't say it had gone backwards, I've only passed on the thoughts of two current players.

Carrara started improving when Kyle Powe and Corey taylor went back to the buffs

Last edited:

Springwood's James pennicuick has been cleared to vic point . That's as big a clearance I've seen mid season in our comp for a while the guy is a jet and between him and buswel wouldn't be to surprised when the sharks start posting some big scores, unlucky about ruf he would have really injected some class into the mids . All in all sharks look to have set them self for a decent back half of the year .

Id say the pending clearance to the suns of trav tamburro is in that class as well.

Id say the pending clearance to the suns of trav tamburro is in that class as well.
Suns have been slowly adding guns for weeks now and slipping nicely under the radar as I am sure Plugger is loving.

Suns have been slowly adding guns for weeks now and slipping nicely under the radar as I am sure Plugger is loving.
Suns still need to get them all on the park and up and about to be able to compete with the top two, Suns have missed 5 or 6 on their quality in past month or so to serious injuries. Big Suba retired after doing ACL same week as Juddy, he is a huge loss

don't worry about him being on carltons list as the reason he was a jet - bloke was still getting plenty of it for surfers in PHC not too long ago!

finished 5th in the comp b&f in 2010 it looks like.

maybe that was his last year? can 4 seasons count as not too long ago? haha

im sure even playing as a designated centreman that didn't leave the middle with him, ryan, fenton and milligan its a fair on ball set up when you throw chris Mitchell in as well.

some very interesting activity on the clearances page - few clubs across the divisions getting quite busy that last Cpl of weeks of june!

Absolutely disgraceful umpiring in the Buffs-vikings game on Saturday. Not using that as an excuse, they were equally bad for both of us. In fact it really felt like one umpire was favoring us and the other was completely buffs orientated. Had both teams scratching their heads actually.
I don't think these two umps like each other. They were over-ruling each others calls, making calls from half way down the field, when their mate was closer right on the action. I have never seen anything like it before. Correct me if I am wrong but if you send a player off, should that not be a free kick to the non-send off team? Rather buffs have a player sent off and we get a ball up instead of a shot at goal? Can you clarify that one for me Moro??
It was probably the worse umpiring I have ever come across in all my footy career and as I am not exactly a spring chicken that is saying something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely disgraceful umpiring in the Buffs-vikings game on Saturday. Not using that as an excuse, they were equally bad for both of us. In fact it really felt like one umpire was favoring us and the other was completely buffs orientated. Had both teams scratching their heads actually.
I don't think these two umps like each other. They were over-ruling each others calls, making calls from half way down the field, when their mate was closer right on the action. I have never seen anything like it before. Correct me if I am wrong but if you send a player off, should that not be a free kick to the non-send off team? Rather buffs have a player sent off and we get a ball up instead of a shot at goal? Can you clarify that one for me Moro??
It was probably the worse umpiring I have ever come across in all my footy career and as I am not exactly a spring chicken that is saying something.

Agree 100% with what you just said I'm still scratching my head, not too mention when they stopped the game for the blood rule why your player had possession running along the wing too then call a ball up.

Hey Macman ..... steady up with the disgraceful talk ..... that sort of statement is normally directed towards me!!!!!!!! Especially from the verandah at Wynnum:)

In all seriousness what you and KP have stated is a bit of a worry. Your question about the free kick for the send off is not quiet right. We can send a player off without paying a free kick but on the majority of occasions yes you should receive a free kick but as I said is not automatic it is dependent on what the send off was for. As for KP's comment about the blood rule again it probably should not have been a ball up if someone had clear possession but without being there and seeing the situation I am hesitant to throw one of the Lime Green Team under the bus. I hope you understand these are my "team mates" and like you guys would do with your team mates I will stick up for them until I have heard both sides of the story.

I am unsure who the umps were but I will make enquiries as what you are describing is not a good look for the Lime Green Team. If you know the names of the umpires please inbox me

Hey Macman ..... steady up with the disgraceful talk ..... that sort of statement is normally directed towards me!!!!!!!! Especially from the verandah at Wynnum:)

In all seriousness what you and KP have stated is a bit of a worry. Your question about the free kick for the send off is not quiet right. We can send a player off without paying a free kick but on the majority of occasions yes you should receive a free kick but as I said is not automatic it is dependent on what the send off was for. As for KP's comment about the blood rule again it probably should not have been a ball up if someone had clear possession but without being there and seeing the situation I am hesitant to throw one of the Lime Green Team under the bus. I hope you understand these are my "team mates" and like you guys would do with your team mates I will stick up for them until I have heard both sides of the story.

I am unsure who the umps were but I will make enquiries as what you are describing is not a good look for the Lime Green Team. If you know the names of the umpires please inbox me

But in saying that I'm not one too whinge at umpiring, I think it's a credit too you guys as I know I could never be an umpire amount of abuse you guys cop and without you guys there's no games. It is what it is deal with it

There names were Lime 1 and Lime 2 similar to Bananas in Pjamas B1 & B2. Lol

Big props to you Moro for consistently posting on these forums mate. We all appreciate the input from the umpires side of view. You have been bombarded with queries in the last few weeks. Going back and speaking with the other umpires and discussing the points that are brought up here can only be good for the competition.

Moro for PM!! An umpire getting so much love, unheard of!! But agreed, you must have some level of permission to do so or the team at Cansdale St don't know about it?? :/ Either way well done to you... The long sleeves will come in handy this weekend!! ;)

Moro for PM!! An umpire getting so much love, unheard of!! But agreed, you must have some level of permission to do so or the team at Cansdale St don't know about it?? :/ Either way well done to you... The long sleeves will come in handy this weekend!! ;)

Yes mighty I am feeling the love for now ....... might be different once I umpire some of them ;)....and yes unheard of. And on the 2nd point No I don't have permission from Cansdale Street hence I have to be very careful what I say and my signature at the bottom of my posts says it all. As an employee of AFLQ (all umpires are employees) I have to abide by the social media code of conduct. One of the other umpires wanted to start a thread for umpire related questions etc but when I asked if this was allowed ......... well I can't say much more but as you can see there is no thread for umpire related questions.:rolleyes:

Yes mighty I am feeling the love for now ....... might be different once I umpire some of them ;)....and yes unheard of. And on the 2nd point No I don't have permission from Cansdale Street hence I have to be very careful what I say and my signature at the bottom of my posts says it all. As an employee of AFLQ (all umpires are employees) I have to abide by the social media code of conduct. One of the other umpires wanted to start a thread for umpire related questions etc but when I asked if this was allowed ......... well I can't say much more but as you can see there is no thread for umpire related questions.:rolleyes:
The love for you has really coincided with me helping you out. Coincidence?

I think not

The love for you has really coincided with me helping you out. Coincidence?

I think not

Your help on field is very much appreciated Morro You do see a lot of things I don't from time to time:D and as for you crossing to the dark side after you retire (How many retirements so far 8 or 9????????????????) god help us if there are ever 2 Morris's umpiring

Remove this Banner Ad

Back