QAFA (A) 2015 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone watch any of the games today?
Bond continued on their winning way. Bit to strong for the Pirates with their running game.

Pirates battled hard but a couple of red cards leaving us 2 players short didn't help. But Bond were better side on the day and they play a good brand of footy.

Bond continued on their winning way. Bit to strong for the Pirates with their running game.

Pirates battled hard but a couple of red cards leaving us 2 players short didn't help. But Bond were better side on the day and they play a good brand of footy.
Any scores from Carrara vs Viccy Point game?

Suns V Wynnum, Wynnum kept with Suns for a half. Suns have lots to improve on if they are to challenge Bond and Moorooka

Think you are being kind to us Karma! We had a very good first quarter but then were smashed over the next three. But yes we were very poor in the second half. The Suns started to really get their run on and we just seemed to run out of steam. Sadly I think by the last quarter we had given up.
But was a good hard game and well played by the Suns boys.
Look forward to the unique experience of hosting them again next week and seeing if we can do a bit better at home.

Blocker, how do you rate Bond compared to GM?

I wonder how the results will compare next week with this week for the return fixture. Will the games be more blown out or closer?

How does a club ( even a new club ) that starts in div 4, move up through the divisions if you don't have promotion/relegation ? Should they have to win 2 or 3 flags in a row in div 4 first, or wait until a club in div 3 wants to drop down ? If any club has aspirations to play at a higher level, then there must be an avenue for them to take to get there. And it shouldn't be like an exclusive golf club, where you're stuck on a waiting list waiting for someone to fall off their perch, before you can become a member.

Promotion and Relegation doesn't work!! The Vikings in 2003 won the Div 2 Premiership. In 2004 the Vikings pursued promotion to Div1 footy. People from other clubs thought the Vikings where mad!

In 2004 their First Year in Div 1 saw the Vikings getting smashed week in and week out. With no surprise the Vikings finished the season dead last!!! In your theory Wynnum should have been relegated!!!

The following year in 2005 the Vikings had a new coach in Longland who had credability, players came from every where to play under him. In the First 2 Practice matches the Vikings defeated Mayne (Mayne was relegated from the QAFL and was to play their first year in the Pinapple Apple cup a division higher to the Vikings. The following week they smashed Sandgate (Another Pinapple Cup Team) The Vikings in 2005 played off in the Grand Final and lost.

It's the Clubs that need to want to move forward, Not promotion Relegation. Just look at Strathpines dramatic fall from grace years back and just recently the Vikings!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Promotion and Relegation doesn't work!! The Vikings in 2003 won the Div 2 Premiership. In 2004 the Viking pursued promotion to Div1 footy. People from other clubs thought the Vikings where mad! first Year in Div 1 saw the Vikings getting smashed week in and week out. Wynnum in their first year came dead last!!!
Only a naive club would expect to go up a division and have instant success. It may take years for a club to achieve success at the higher level. In some cases, such as yours, you go up one year and come down the next. This might happen two or three times before you're ready to establish yourself at the higher level. I'll tell you this much, it works in every other states metro competitions and has done for decades.

Blocker, how do you rate Bond compared to GM?
Think on the big ground Bond would be a handful. I think GM have better key positional players but Bond probably have more runners.

I think it may come down to where the GF is played. I am a huge fan of GM but was super impressed with Bond's run and carry.

My opinion unless GM make it a physical and contested ball game played in tight they may be in trouble.

Think Bond maybe to win GF but nothing much between them. I know I am talking like it is a foregone conclusion that they will be playing off in GF, but unless one of them cop a heap of injuries I can't see it being anything else. Plus they do both deserve to be there on overall season form.

that is a pretty amazing result today, but I am guessing that it will be completely reversed next week.
Don't think Viccky like traveling so much.

watch out park ridge Vic Point coming home strong for that 5th spot

that is a pretty amazing result today, but I am guessing that it will be completely reversed next week.
Don't think Viccky like traveling so much.
Victoria Point will carry in a lot of momentum. If the same umpires umpire the game next week, Carrara are cooked. I counted 13 50 metre penalties against Carrara and I might have missed one or two.

watch out park ridge Vic Point coming home strong for that 5th spot
I think we are gone Mac. Tougher run home than Viccy Point and our continuing injury list leaves us a little under manned at present.

We do play them at their ground in 2 weeks time, but it appears they have recruited very well in the later part of season.

In saying that we won't stop having a crack and we will go down swinging. Bond back to back not easy. Been a horror draw for us playing most of top sides twice and only playing Buffs, Redcliffe and Wynnum once. With no disrespect meant to those sides, but our chances would have been better against them then playing top sides.

But as they say, that is luck of the draw.

Victoria Point will carry in a lot of momentum. If the same umpires umpire the game next week, Carrara are cooked. I counted 13 50 metre penalties against Carrara and I might have missed one or two.[/QUOTE

We're the red cards and 50's warranted PN or umpires taking centre stage?

Number 41 for Vic point generates a lot of run. Disposal not always the greatest but a good player. Did he used to play somewhere else ?
Broome also been good for Vic point.
lot of new names on playing list for Viccy Point today? Maybe that made a difference.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back