QAFA (A) 2015 season

Remove this Banner Ad

So another season has come and gone. What do we think each club needs to succeed next year and what teams will drop off or improve next year?

So another season has come and gone. What do we think each club needs to succeed next year and what teams will drop off or improve next year?
Bond deserved Premiers, had a great season first up and will only get better, they have a strong winning culture, and a keen on improving in all areas, will recruit well in off season with a view to jumping up a division either in 2016 or 17. Roosters, really solid year, fell away at the end, will need to replace aging retiring legs, must recruit well to stay in top group. Suns had good first up season, not far off the pace, will get stronger in their second season. Carrara were big improvers this season, young group starting to step up, they knocked of Suns and went close against Bond, wouldn't be surprised if they pick up some handy recruits from higher divisions during the off season to elevate them higher in 2016. Vic Point will only get stronger after making the finals in their first year, could pick up some good younger players and have a more settled senior group next year after using 60 players this year. Pirates started very well until the injury curse hit them, they recruited well last year, need to do it again and keep them on the track if they are to make the finals. Ippy were the surprise this year not improving under Hooper and missing the finals, they have aging list and will need to find some good youth and speed to compete with the top teams, not sure where they will find them. Redcliffe had horror start with floods and dramas, simular to Ippy, 50% of their list have their best footy behind them, must find a few good young recruits to blend with the quality they already have. Pine Rivers dropped away massively after making grand final previous year, change of coach and massive loss of players didn't help. Who knows what 2016 will bring for the Swans, they have a habit of bouncing back quickly and dropping away just as quickly over the years. Beenleigh bottom for second year in row after playing in the 2013 GF, surely the brains of their operation will not want another season like the previous two and will be active during the off season recruiting in an attempt to climb back into finals contention.

Bond deserved Premiers, had a great season first up and will only get better, they have a strong winning culture, and a keen on improving in all areas, will recruit well in off season with a view to jumping up a division either in 2016 or 17. Roosters, really solid year, fell away at the end, will need to replace aging retiring legs, must recruit well to stay in top group. Suns had good first up season, not far off the pace, will get stronger in their second season. Carrara were big improvers this season, young group starting to step up, they knocked of Suns and went close against Bond, wouldn't be surprised if they pick up some handy recruits from higher divisions during the off season to elevate them higher in 2016. Vic Point will only get stronger after making the finals in their first year, could pick up some good younger players and have a more settled senior group next year after using 60 players this year. Pirates started very well until the injury curse hit them, they recruited well last year, need to do it again and keep them on the track if they are to make the finals. Ippy were the surprise this year not improving under Hooper and missing the finals, they have aging list and will need to find some good youth and speed to compete with the top teams, not sure where they will find them. Redcliffe had horror start with floods and dramas, simular to Ippy, 50% of their list have their best footy behind them, must find a few good young recruits to blend with the quality they already have. Pine Rivers dropped away massively after making grand final previous year, change of coach and massive loss of players didn't help. Who knows what 2016 will bring for the Swans, they have a habit of bouncing back quickly and dropping away just as quickly over the years. Beenleigh bottom for second year in row after playing in the 2013 GF, surely the brains of their operation will not want another season like the previous two and will be active during the off season recruiting in an attempt to climb back into finals contention.

No comment about Wynnum here Karma. Be interested in your opinion?

No comment about Wynnum here Karma. Be interested in your opinion?
Sorry Macman, don't know how I forgot them, Wynnum I think had a solid first season back in comp after stepping back up, particularly early in season when they lost a few games by less than a goal plus a draw against Ippy, a win in these early games and things could have been much different for the Vikings, ran out of soldiers towards the end and dropped away a little will regroup and be better in 2016 for the experience

any movments? this thread seems awfully quite.

Whispers are bond are recruiting really well with some state league players but you know how whispers are at this time of the year almost non believable.

Beenleigh have picked up some handy footballers, harden body's so be sure to see improvement at dauth.

Can't help but think sun's will add to that impressive list and make a massive charge at top 2 for another grand final spot.

I think Vic point will be the big jumpers this year .

Roosters will still be there about with the ability to beat anyone on there day to much talent to drop away .

How's everyone's pre X mas pre season treating them ?

I'm sure the question on everyone's list is where Will morro play next year ??

Morro you there ?

Whispers are bond are recruiting really well with some state league players but you know how whispers are at this time of the year almost non believable.

Beenleigh have picked up some handy footballers, harden body's so be sure to see improvement at dauth.

Can't help but think sun's will add to that impressive list and make a massive charge at top 2 for another grand final spot.

Roosters will still be there about with the ability to beat anyone on there day to much talent to drop away .

Morro you there ?

Kedron are believed to be applying to move up to this division, not guaranteed though.

Morro you there ?

Hahahaha I am 100% sure I am done this time. When you have games and can barely fire a shot I reckon it is time to bow out. Although Friday night games for a bit of fun would be alright, but nothing close by and I am done travelling.

Some big movements already in this div, could see the comp turned on its head, although Bond will be better again I hear, so pencil them in now.

Hahahaha I am 100% sure I am done this time. When you have games and can barely fire a shot I reckon it is time to bow out. Although Friday night games for a bit of fun would be alright, but nothing close by and I am done travelling.

Some big movements already in this div, could see the comp turned on its head, although Bond will be better again I hear, so pencil them in now.

Come to Carrara Morro !!

I think you will find most friday night teams wouldn't require a player of your quality to train Morro.
I didnt train this year given the travel, never been that guy before, and to be honest felt pretty s**t about it. It doesnt go unnoticed by your team mates and makes it hard to fully buy in. Dont know how blokes do it year in year out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Morro you there ?
Agree NP, Bond to be stronger with addition of Southport recruits, Vic Point will be much improved and have recruited some quality , Suns to get stronger, competition will go up another notch, at least the top teams will be much better.
Congrats NP on your coaching appointment at the Pirates, how are your boys looking?

I didnt train this year given the travel, never been that guy before, and to be honest felt pretty s**t about it. It doesnt go unnoticed by your team mates and makes it hard to fully buy in. Dont know how blokes do it year in year out.
Only a bloke like you Morro can get away with not training lol

Agree NP, Bond to be stronger with addition of Southport recruits, Vic Point will be much improved and have recruited some quality , Suns to get stronger, competition will go up another notch, at least the top teams will be much better.
Congrats NP on your coaching appointment at the Pirates, how are your boys looking?

NP to Pirates? stitch up or truth?

G'day gents,
Could anyone give me a decent idea of the quality of the ressies in this comp.
fitness levels, teams ability to fill teams, actual standard that is required.

I've been told it's a lower standard than QAFA (B) Central is that a fair comment?
Thinking of perhaps pulling the boots back on after a little while out of the game

G'day gents,
Could anyone give me a decent idea of the quality of the ressies in this comp.
fitness levels, teams ability to fill teams, actual standard that is required.

I've been told it's a lower standard than QAFA (B) Central is that a fair comment?
Thinking of perhaps pulling the boots back on after a little while out of the game
Best summed up by saying there is no quality in the ressies in this division. Possibly the worst level of footy in australia

Best summed up by saying there is no quality in the ressies in this division. Possibly the worst level of footy in australia
Haha thanks mate... So I take it my lack of fitness won't stand out to much!

Any Clubs I should avoid or you recommend...mainly looking to meet a few people as I've just moved up here. So a decent social club would suit

Haha thanks mate... So I take it my lack of fitness won't stand out to much!

Any Clubs I should avoid or you recommend...mainly looking to meet a few people as I've just moved up here. So a decent social club would suit
Check out Beenleigh, good bunch of blokes with a massive social club with TAB, bars, pokies and bistro.

Friend of mine directed me to this forum.....wow excellent banter..... Why so many take it to heart though?? I guess all the hype surrounding the Swans players wasn't even worth it with only 2 wins. Pearcy better step up his pre season training

Remove this Banner Ad

Back