QAFA (A) 2015 season

karmaking

Feb 2, 2015
Karmaking were those three at suns last year or srd they new recruits....will certainly make a potent forward line.
How havd the numbers been pre season training...
all new additions this year, tight group of mates all wanting to play together, Santa's sack was much bigger this year

pirate island

Nov 24, 2015
Who rates Brad stephens and why didnt the pirates keep him instead of letting him go at the end of 2014
all new additions this year, tight group of mates all wanting to play together, Santa's sack was much bigger this year
Suns must have a direct line to santa ....
sounds like a couple of good presents...

karmaking

Feb 2, 2015
Who rates Brad stephens and why didnt the pirates keep him instead of letting him go at the end of 2014
Occy has been coaching for over ten years, has taken on gigs at struggling clubs, was at Roosters before Tim Pearson, Calamvale - Parkridge and now Ipswich. Teams he has coached have not played finals although a coach is only as good as the club and players he's coaching. Monkey the Pirates current coach has had success at different levels and has a good network for recruiting which makes a huge difference at this level. Hooper didn't attract too many last year and the Eagles missed finals and slid backwards, could be a long year for the Eagles regardless who is coaching them in 2016

Blocker Roach

Mar 14, 2015

We had no issues with Brad Stephens at the Pirates, but where we were at as club in 2014, Shane Monk was the better choice. The main reason as a new club we were setting up our culture and needed plenty of new players to make us more competitive in 2015.

It was the right decision for us as a club as without the change we would have struggled in 2015 season. That was not a slurr on Brad but more that Monkey was a better suit at the time.

In saying that ,we retained Brad and he coached our U16's to the finals in Div 2.

So all in all the change worked for all parties. We understood Brad still had ambitions to coach at senior level, and we were more than supportive of him in getting the Ipswich job.

Just proves Lucky that you can change coaches and everyone still remain on good terms.

The old saying , never burn a bridge!!

Blocker Roach

Mar 14, 2015
Occy has been coaching for over ten years, has taken on gigs at struggling clubs, was at Roosters before Tim Pearson, Calamvale - Parkridge and now Ipswich. Teams he has coached have not played finals although a coach is only as good as the club and players he's coaching. Monkey the Pirates current coach has had success at different levels and has a good network for recruiting which makes a huge difference at this level. Hooper didn't attract too many last year and the Eagles missed finals and slid backwards, could be a long year for the Eagles regardless who is coaching them in 2016

I think you summed it up perfect Karma. Without knowing what Ipswich have recruited, I think it will be a long year if they haven't .

From what I hear around the traps there has been some quality players recruited by several clubs and if clubs haven't improved their lists from 2015 , they may be in a bit of trouble.

karmaking

Feb 2, 2015
I think you summed it up perfect Karma. Without knowing what Ipswich have recruited, I think it will be a long year if they haven't .

From what I hear around the traps there has been some quality players recruited by several clubs and if clubs haven't improved their lists from 2015 , they may be in a bit of trouble.
Yes agree, there could be a huge gap between the top half and bottom half hope there isn't too many huge margins

Blocker Roach

Mar 14, 2015
Yes agree, there could be a huge gap between the top half and bottom half hope there isn't too many huge margins

Long as we aren't on the end of any hidings Karma , I really don't care. We have been on the end of a few shellackings in the last few years at Pirates, so maybe a few other teams turn in 2016.

We are really working hard on being competitive every game and closing the gap on the good sides. Would think Suns will be the bench mark and have target on their backs due to nearly going all the way last year and recruiting well in the off season.

karmaking

Feb 2, 2015
Long as we aren't on the end of any hidings Karma , I really don't care. We have been on the end of a few shellackings in the last few years at Pirates, so maybe a few other teams turn in 2016.

We are really working hard on being competitive every game and closing the gap on the good sides. Would think Suns will be the bench mark and have target on their backs due to nearly going all the way last year and recruiting well in the off season.
Agree Suns will have a target on their backs and have recruited well, I think Viccy Point will be quality,they will add pace to go with their bigger bodied keys, Kedron could dominate, don't forget they played in a prelim in division above in 2014 and won flag in division below undefeated in 2015. Carrara will keep improving and the Pirates will be better than ever before. Could be some high quality games between the top half in 2016.

QAFL_Fan

May 28, 2014
On the boundary
Kedron's 2015 team would have been Top 5 this year, if they improve their list at all they will be a chance in this division.

The best handful of sides in the B Central comp are bloody good

Blocker Roach

Mar 14, 2015
Kedron's 2015 team would have been Top 5 this year, if they improve their list at all they will be a chance in this division.

The best handful of sides in the B Central comp are bloody good

Totally agree QAFL it is very hard to line up where Kedron are in regards to the current QAFA A competition. But the anticipation is what makes it so good. We all knew Bond were good last year, but they surprised everyone I think with the level they went to.

Speaking with people at Bond they reckon they were a 10-15 goal better side from 2014 to 2015.

Where would Kedron rate in 2015 winning QAFA B as to when Bond won the same competition in 2014?

You would probably know better than most QAFL?

Jul 9, 2013
Totally agree QAFL it is very hard to line up where Kedron are in regards to the current QAFA A competition. But the anticipation is what makes it so good. We all knew Bond were good last year, but they surprised everyone I think with the level they went to.

Speaking with people at Bond they reckon they were a 10-15 goal better side from 2014 to 2015.

Where would Kedron rate in 2015 winning QAFA B as to when Bond won the same competition in 2014?

You would probably know better than most QAFL?

Bond played in QAFA B South, not Central in 2014. Totally different comp and Bond wouldn't have had much opposition I wouldn't have thought.

Kedron will be competitive moving up in 2016. Will be interesting to see how their depth is tested and if they can add anything to their list. They will need to if they want to play finals.

outandabout

Jan 14, 2015
Bond played in QAFA B South, not Central in 2014. Totally different comp and Bond wouldn't have had much opposition I wouldn't have thought.

Kedron will be competitive moving up in 2016. Will be interesting to see how their depth is tested and if they can add anything to their list. They will need to if they want to play finals.
If kedron move up they will have a better side than last year. If they don't they will go back to back as they will still have a better side than last year.

Jul 9, 2013
If kedron move up they will have a better side than last year. If they don't they will go back to back as they will still have a better side than last year.
I wouldn't be so sure. If they were to stay in QAFA B, and Morningside do what the Woodsmen have done and grab a couple of ex state league players to have a kick and run around, no one will get near them !! They have had some serious talent retire in the last couple of years !!

outandabout

Jan 14, 2015
I wouldn't be so sure. If they were to stay in QAFA B, and Morningside do what the Woodsmen have done and grab a couple of ex state league players to have a kick and run around, no one will get near them !! They have had some serious talent retire in the last couple of years !!
Just going on who's in the comp not who might be in. But yes if the panthers have a team I'm sure they will be good. I'm not involved at any club this year so I can let loose on any subject's.

Pirates will be the massive improvers in my opinion and they deserve it. Great bunch of blokes who have added some quality and now just need a little luck.

Suns the bench mark obviously.

Buffs haven't done enough which saddens me.

Ippy aging and will lose a few. See buffs a couple of years ago. Big trouble.

Carrara thereabouts again

That's all I've heard

Twinkle_Toes

Apr 19, 2014
Pirates will be the massive improvers in my opinion and they deserve it. Great bunch of blokes who have added some quality and now just need a little luck.

Suns the bench mark obviously.

Buffs haven't done enough which saddens me.

Ippy aging and will lose a few. See buffs a couple of years ago. Big trouble.

Carrara thereabouts again

That's all I've heard
What's the deal at the buffs mate?

QAFL_Fan

May 28, 2014
On the boundary

Woodsmen were a far lesser side at the end of 2015 than 2014, would be a lottery what they're like in 2016.

To be any good they need the likes of Dobson, Baker and Monaghan back playing, and then keep their other good players on the park. Thommo - how is the ankle..?

Keep an eye on who has retired from the Magpies, and you might get an idea of how good the Woodsmen will be - I did note that Rozynski is back at the Magpies though, and they have also recruited the gun ruckman from Ipswich. I'd imagine Mewing, Thompson, T.Mcevoy and a few others have given up senior footy at the Magpies - so thats where the recruiting for Woodsmen will be interesting.

lucky ducky

Mar 17, 2014
Woodsmen were a far lesser side at the end of 2015 than 2014, would be a lottery what they're like in 2016.

To be any good they need the likes of Dobson, Baker and Monaghan back playing, and then keep their other good players on the park. Thommo - how is the ankle..?

Keep an eye on who has retired from the Magpies, and you might get an idea of how good the Woodsmen will be - I did note that Rozynski is back at the Magpies though, and they have also recruited the gun ruckman from Ipswich. I'd imagine Mewing, Thompson, T.Mcevoy and a few others have given up senior footy at the Magpies - so thats where the recruiting for Woodsmen will be interesting.
Recruited ipswiches gun ruckmen? my sources tell me he will either play with ipswich or wont play at all.

lucky ducky

Mar 17, 2014
your sources are struggling

Nick Barling has put pen to paper at Chelmer.
i must apologise you are correct on this QAFL_Fan it seems he will be playing there well attempting any way he is known to be a bit unreliable as the suns thought they had him sewn up for the 2015 season as a player and assistant but then he pulled the plug, Plugger wasn't to impressed at the time but it looks like they didn't need him after all, will be a bit of a loss to the eagles tho

Sunnysideup

Sep 16, 2014
Gold Coast
i must apologise you are correct on this QAFL_Fan it seems he will be playing there well attempting any way he is known to be a bit unreliable as the suns thought they had him sewn up for the 2015 season as a player and assistant but then he pulled the plug, Plugger wasn't to impressed at the time but it looks like they didn't need him after all, will be a bit of a loss to the eagles tho
Barlow is not only a good footballer but a quality bloke. He didn't play at the Suns because of the hours travel to training, he moved house not long after agreeing to join us. That's fair enough, no grudges held there. The Eagles loosing Nick and Hooper is going to leave a massive hole. Will the Eagles be fielding 3 teams again LD?