QAFA (A) 2015 season

Remove this Banner Ad

With the warning of the coming storm, did you manage to get some valuables to higher ground?
I'm not sure atm. I just know that everything in the canteen was damaged. A lot of people were down there today starting to clean up.

I'm not sure atm. I just know that everything in the canteen was damaged. A lot of people were down there today starting to clean up.
Insured Spades??

Saw Gympies ground on a feed today - every friggin year that ground goes under, their clubhouse is at least 10m high and it still gets flooded out. No carpet put in there for obvious reasons. Is just 1 massive soup bowl. Nambour the same - the poor admin / club people who each year have to go through the process of cleaning up, etc.

Insured Spades??

Saw Gympies ground on a feed today - every friggin year that ground goes under, their clubhouse is at least 10m high and it still gets flooded out. No carpet put in there for obvious reasons. Is just 1 massive soup bowl. Nambour the same - the poor admin / club people who each year have to go through the process of cleaning up, etc.
Not sure. I hope so. We are in the middle of an upgrade of the clubhouse as well.

No I'm not Peanut but I'm not against games being cancelled either bc of extreme rain events. Again - down south they are lucky to get 100mm in a month in a bad winter these days, we will get that in a day. If it occurs on a Thursday and backs up again on a Friday the AFLQ are in a situation where they have to predict what the next day is going to be like. Can wait till Saturday morning for sure and probably should sometimes but too easy to just say "play, and the ground will recover" - well it often doesn't bc of the reasons various people have said here. Then they are closed to train on etc. I'm not sure what the perfect answer is - certainly I know Maroochy were affected a couple of years back when Coolangatta said their ground was no good - in fact it was no dramas. Hard one but wtf is anyone having a practise match for in mid February?? I know maroochy is next weekend but only bc it had to be shifted from the following wend. Vs Surfers[/
Insured Spades??

Have to disagree with you there smy, grass is easier to grow than it is to find an idiot on the Gold Coast. However, I don't see aflq changing their policies anytime soon.
My name is Rick Mills, and I would like to thank the players I coached, trained and even played with, all great guys, especially to the players I coached, we almost made it!
I'm heading back to Victoria where conditions are usually always playable and things are a lot better organised. To Beenleigh, thanks for the opportunity to coach, absolutely loved it, and to Coomera, thanks for making me feel so welcome and I have no doubt, that before to long , your success will see you progress to the higher levels sooner rather than later-- great group of guys and the one thing I will genuinely miss. As for the rest of the Big Footy advocates, keep up the good work and I will watch with interest from down south. Cheers and good luck to all.
P.S Morro for president of aflq
PPS- beware of the few coaches on this forum and their several aliases. I'm quite sure that you'll work out who they are, ie suns coach

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While not totally official, yes it is.

Beautiful. Firstly Vic point looking good on the track, plenty of numbers out. Also had a look at wynnum who may be dangerous.

GM and swans will be strong. Redcliffe hit hard by floods but still a month away from games. Southeast suns a couple of surfers players could be interesting. Park ridge/carrara - bottom 2. Ipswich - rhan hooper but who else. Bond university - won every game but 1 by avg margin of 10 goals plus premiership - may be threat - apparently playing gc suns acadamy this evening.

Cheers

Beautiful. Firstly Vic point looking good on the track, plenty of numbers out. Also had a look at wynnum who may be dangerous.

GM and swans will be strong. Redcliffe hit hard by floods but still a month away from games. Southeast suns a couple of surfers players could be interesting. Park ridge/carrara - bottom 2. Ipswich - rhan hooper but who else. Bond university - won every game but 1 by avg margin of 10 goals plus premiership - may be threat - apparently playing gc suns acadamy this evening.

Cheers

Really good info F. King, thanks. I'm interested to see how Vic Point go, starting off in this league. Also interested to see how Wynnum go after moving up after a year in QAFA B, and losing the GF. Should be a good year.

Cheers
New poster but has the goods, welcome to hell mate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back