QAFA (A) 2015 season

Remove this Banner Ad

. Me too some blokes at pine certainly did talk themselves up. Pretty sure this won't be a one off.
Ha ha, find it interesting you keep finding a way to put your nose in Bucky. I'm sure the Swans lads couldn't give a rats arse about your insightful opinions.

Bond uni will b a strong side there is no doubt about it, but from all reports pine rivers were 12 senior players down and had the army boys missing anyway how about GM boys looking the goods but thought they struggled a little bit against woodsman

Bond uni will b a strong side there is no doubt about it, but from all reports pine rivers were 12 senior players down and had the army boys missing anyway how about GM boys looking the goods but thought they struggled a little bit against woodsman
Did they look the goods or did they struggle?

Serious question mate?

Victoria Point defeated full strength Suns by 3 goals
Not sure about full strength, may have one or two missing. Good hit out by the boys, well done to Victoria Point, they have a couple of big marking forwards who will cause some trouble for most defenses.

nice ground that Vicy point....there were periods that looked good for the Suns...they looked a bit underdone fitness wise though.
Vicy point do have some good high flying forwards, not sure they have much improvement on today. Suns looked to be missing 3 or 4 players but so were vicy point.

There has been a lot of talk about the uni boys at Bond being soft but they won most of the contested ball yesterday. Midfielder for bond, 14 i think? was giving the 'Dustin Martin' to half of the pine team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There has been a lot of talk about the uni boys at Bond being soft but they won most of the contested ball yesterday. Midfielder for bond, 14 i think? was giving the 'Dustin Martin' to half of the pine team.
A lot of talk re: softness? I've read it once as a possible reflection on younger sides?

Indeed 14 was good, no sign of Schiphorst or wichslinski though

Yea good win by the Bond Uni boys. I do anticipate the season to be much tougher for them though. Wouldn't count them out though, they were missing some key players too.

I went down for a look at the Roosters vs Woodsmen game.

Credit to the GM coach, he has a very well drilled unit under his tutelage there. Great ball movement, clear patterns of play and guys all stick to the task.

In terms of basic footballing ability, I don't think there was much between the two sides. However, the Roosters are just so well drilled, get numbers to contests and don't have any weak links. The Woodsmen boys have some seriously good players, but half a dozen or so that don't appear to have played much footy at all and it hurts them against good opposition.

The Woodsmen midfield dominated the contest, but the difference was up front and down back. Woodies had no decent defenders, and their forwards couldn't hit a barn door under a neon flashing light. No Tim Green makes a big difference to those blokes, he is a seriously good defender and they missed him.

Morro - #13 for the Woodsmen looked like Jimmy Rozynski was having a run again. He stood out because he is one of the best Division 1/ State League midfielders going around. Western Magpies should be on the phone to him immediately if he's playing again!

Credit to the GM coach, he has a very well drilled unit under his tutelage there. Great ball movement, clear patterns of play and guys all stick to the task.

In terms of basic footballing ability, I don't think there was much between the two sides. However, the Roosters are just so well drilled, get numbers to contests and don't have any weak links. The Woodsmen boys have some seriously good players, but half a dozen or so that don't appear to have played much footy at all and it hurts them against good opposition.

The Woodsmen midfield dominated the contest, but the difference was up front and down back. Woodies had no decent defenders, and their forwards couldn't hit a barn door under a neon flashing light. No Tim Green makes a big difference to those blokes, he is a seriously good defender and they missed him.

Morro - #13 for the Woodsmen looked like Jimmy Rozynski was having a run again. He stood out because he is one of the best Division 1/ State League midfielders going around. Western Magpies should be on the phone to him immediately if he's playing again!

That explains it then, he was BOG easily I thought, although his kicking wasnt State league level IMO, he was very wasteful, but still had me well covered. My kicking was the only thing that took the spot light off their forwards :(

That explains it then, he was BOG easily I thought, although his kicking wasnt State league level IMO, he was very wasteful, but still had me well covered. My kicking was the only thing that took the spot light off their forwards :(

Well without knowing the intimate details, its probably his first game of football in 12 months - so his kicking wasn't going to be pin point!

Woodsmen with no decent defenders, and forwards not able to hit a barn door. Harsh. Very harsh. They did struggle a bit up forward for a target, but they looked like they did still have a few players out. I thought the biggest difference was fitness though. Certainly accounts for the numbers at the contest. I reckon you could put money on more than a handful of those Woodsmen players probably haven't even attended a training session yet.

Not harsh, just true.

Did you watch the game?

I watched the Woodsmen about 10 times last year, and Tim Green wearing #18 was an absolute gun. They also often had a very good tall full-back who was lightening quick and really attacked the game, and 2 very good back pockets - the nuggety guy that has a bit of a cult following, and the other bloke who looks like he has been doing dumbell curls 5 hours a day for 10 years.

not to mention a few appearances by Ed Mcdonald, who is obviously on another level altogether with AFL experience.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back