QAFA (A) 2015 season

Remove this Banner Ad

i played under tom corless a very long time ago and found him to be a good coach knows what he is talking about, wasn't it about 5 years ago he took yeronga to back to back premierships can't be to bad, maybe Kcab2kcab played under tommy once and couldn't get a game sounds like sour grapes,if tommy is given the time and the club committee is behind him he will take the buffs back to a finals contender, do the buffs still pay players? i heard there for a while the sports club used to give the cricket club, the tennis club and the buffs 20 000 dollars every year as a kick back for all their members supporting the club does anybody know if this still happens

Never played under tom at all mate no sour grapes here. just a happy on looker who has an opinion . I to think in time buffs can recover just find it strange that tom couldn't attract players . Runour was he was bringing a heap from Kenmore . But it didn't happen . I don't think buffs will go down a division Robbo would make 22 guys play 2 games every week before that happens. As everyone is I'm interested to see how a few clubs go this year .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You say wasn't ego's but pride.....sometimes they go hand in hand.
You point out buffs finals history...why then a successful club cant recruit or keep players...
Where are the juniors going..
Does the sporting club back you?
Found with sporting clubs although football brings most revenue,cricket ,netball etc get alot more say on things......is this a problem for the buffs.

Every club has peaks and troughs, buffs have been up for a long time and the first bad year they have, some people want to see them merge, drop a division or disappear. Football at any level is cyclical- in time you will all be hating the buffs winning ways again

Every club has peaks and troughs, buffs have been up for a long time and the first bad year they have, some people want to see them merge, drop a division or disappear. Football at any level is cyclical- in time you will all be hating the buffs winning ways again

Great post I totally agree have been at the top for years it feels so good to pump them after being on the receiving end of some serious beltings over the years . Buffs will bounce back I have no doubt

No one wants any club to merge or drop a division......but would rather see that than to loose a club altogether......good luck to the buffs...hope they do rise backup again....

Wow! Cararra not a chance I dont reckon. Dont have much to do with either club but I cant imagine Cararra being much better than last year and from all reports the swans have strengthened with the kedron boys comin in, and you tipped redcliffe... im gonna say you are a tigers boy apples
Love it how you refer to the "kedron boys"... Swans will need help if thats the case, the players that went over are not season changers!

[QUOTE="lucky ducky, post: 37759873, member: 152037
i heard there for a while the sports club used to give the cricket club, the tennis club and the buffs 20 000 dollars every year as a kick back for all their members supporting the club does anybody know if this still happens[/QUOTE]
Yes the Sports Club still gives generously to the Buff's, they have been the most cashed up club in this division for the past decade which makes you wonder why they are in their current position. Too many man whore recruits and mismanagement at the top.

Exactly why it made sense to join, less competing for players makes for a stronger side which in turn makes the area more competitive for afl in general. At the end of the day it is what it is and I wish all sides the best for what should be a competitive comp. just think Beenleigh in particular could have been a lot better off than they are now had some people looked past there own ego and pride and thought more about the good of the game as a whole
Ipswich Cats forming a senior team in QAFA B and will play the Ipswich Eagles 3rds. In a rugby area this can not be good for the Eagles, something not right in Ippy for this to happen, as the Cats juniors and the Eagles seniors have shared the same venue for a decade, you would think they would get along and work together to make Ipswich football stronger, not fight each other for players sponsors and members. Maybe Lucky Ducky can fill us in on this one

[QUOTE="lucky ducky, post: 37759873, member: 152037
i heard there for a while the sports club used to give the cricket club, the tennis club and the buffs 20 000 dollars every year as a kick back for all their members supporting the club does anybody know if this still happens
Yes the Sports Club still gives generously to the Buff's, they have been the most cashed up club in this division for the past decade which makes you wonder why they are in their current position. Too many man whore recruits and mismanagement at the top.[/QUOTE]

Only half of that is true and relevant to recent years.

I'm tipping all home teams to win the first round. Don't know by how much but you shouldn't count out any team first up. Looking forward to the season ahead.

I'm tipping all home teams to win the first round. Don't know by how much but you shouldn't count out any team first up. Looking forward to the season ahead.
I tend to agree with this as we don't really have any idea of what teams really look like at this stage but I'm sure by the end of next weekend we will have a better idea

I tend to agree with this as we don't really have any idea of what teams really look like at this stage but I'm sure by the end of next weekend we will have a better idea
Apparently the season draw is not final as AFLQ are still awaiting confirmation of Buffs for the weekend? Can anyone shed some light on that?

Ipswich Cats forming a senior team in QAFA B and will play the Ipswich Eagles 3rds. In a rugby area this can not be good for the Eagles, something not right in Ippy for this to happen, as the Cats juniors and the Eagles seniors have shared the same venue for a decade, you would think they would get along and work together to make Ipswich football stronger, not fight each other for players sponsors and members. Maybe Lucky Ducky can fill us in on this one
I think for the sake of both their futures they need to address any unrest. Any clubs that continue to have a senior team need a good junior base to work from. You look at all the clubs that are struggling most of the time is because their junior base is not working or non existent. Any club that wants a senior team to remain competitive needs to work well with juniors or their future will be under extreme pressure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back