QAFA (B) Central-2014

Northsider

Jun 6, 2014
To add to the excitement of the conversation I have heard rumours that Springfield have had players walk out ? Which would explain the score line against zillmere. Has anyone heard anything about this ?

tigerhawk

Apr 5, 2014
To add to the excitement of the conversation I have heard rumours that Springfield have had players walk out ? Which would explain the score line against zillmere. Has anyone heard anything about this ?
I know when we played them they sacked the Coach the Thursday night before our game...

Phoenixguard09

May 28, 2014
I'll field this one.

Yep, the club sacked the coach after various internal issues.

The next night the captain invited most of the playing group to his house and many were convinced to hand in resignations. This was the night before the Sandgate match.

Apparently people did actually show up in numbers to that game, but I wouldn't know as I was in hospital.

The following week, I'm crook as a dog and am one of about seven people to show up at training.

Anyway, come the Zillmere match we were very lucky to have sixteen for the first quarter and we had less than that by three quarter time. Most of our side were fringe players who had been in and out of the side all year, like myself.

Our best midfielder battled hard in the ruck for most of the day as our one remaining ruckman went down to an injury just before half time. It appears he broke his ankle, which was only to expected on our hard-as-a-rock home deck, which despite everything the school will not water, nor let us water.

Anyway, considering the team we put out there, we did well to stop them from kicking fifty or more goals. :p

I may sound bitter but I'm not. Zillmere were really good about the whole thing and I know that the game time would have done a lot of our list a world of good.

I just wish that I hadn't dropped like I'd been shot on the last kick. My calf still hurts. :p

King 05

Oct 28, 2010
LA Lakers
I'll field this one.

Yep, the club sacked the coach after various internal issues.

The next night the captain invited most of the playing group to his house and many were convinced to hand in resignations. This was the night before the Sandgate match.

Apparently people did actually show up in numbers to that game, but I wouldn't know as I was in hospital.

The following week, I'm crook as a dog and am one of about seven people to show up at training.

Anyway, come the Zillmere match we were very lucky to have sixteen for the first quarter and we had less than that by three quarter time. Most of our side were fringe players who had been in and out of the side all year, like myself.

Our best midfielder battled hard in the ruck for most of the day as our one remaining ruckman went down to an injury just before half time. It appears he broke his ankle, which was only to expected on our hard-as-a-rock home deck, which despite everything the school will not water, nor let us water.

Anyway, considering the team we put out there, we did well to stop them from kicking fifty or more goals. :p

I may sound bitter but I'm not. Zillmere were really good about the whole thing and I know that the game time would have done a lot of our list a world of good.

I just wish that I hadn't dropped like I'd been shot on the last kick. My calf still hurts. :p

Mate that's no good, not this late in the season. Let's hope you finsh the season off as strong as you can given the turmoil in recent weeks. Was it just a clash of personalities that lead to the coach being sacked? I can only assume that players close to him left after he was given his orders.

I might be misreading it, did the captain call the meeting and convince blokes to leave? Bit harsh if that was the case. Have any come back or have they all pulled the pin?

Now I'm no expert in dealing with schools, but I can only imagine that the issue of who's going to pay for the irrigation of the oval may have come into play here. I'm pretty sure the oval is serviced by a full irrigation system underneath.

I don't know what sort of commercial arrangement you're in by leasing the oval from the school, but I'd say that with water prices going the way they are, the school's going to want some form of $$ to pay for the irrigation.

QAFL_Fan

May 28, 2014
On the boundary
Was the coach really the problem at Springfield, or was it the crazy binofemmenazi on the sidelines and the weasel president?!

Great entry into the system, get all the other clubs off side early in the year, then get your own players offside at the end!

King 05

Oct 28, 2010
LA Lakers
Was the coach really the problem at Springfield, or was it the crazy binofemmenazi on the sidelines and the weasel president?!

Great entry into the system, get all the other clubs off side early in the year, then get your own players offside at the end!

Weasel president? Easy QAFL, let's not find ourselves open to defamation claims shall we?
;)

Any reason for such a harsh comment?

QAFL_Fan

May 28, 2014
On the boundary
Just private comments from a number of clubs and even players from within the ranks of Springfield.

I was going to head out and watch this weekend, but it will be a massacre by the sounds of it - so giving it a miss!

Northsider

Jun 6, 2014
I feel sorry for the guys who have put in an effort all year and have had half the team walk out on them. From all reports the coach was idiot so it sounds like the club did the right thing by sacking him. But for the captain to get players to quit in what is essentially a social comp and leave his team mates lacking numbers for the season. What scum

Phoenixguard09

May 28, 2014
Mate that's no good, not this late in the season. Let's hope you finsh the season off as strong as you can given the turmoil in recent weeks. Was it just a clash of personalities that lead to the coach being sacked? I can only assume that players close to him left after he was given his orders.

I might be misreading it, did the captain call the meeting and convince blokes to leave? Bit harsh if that was the case. Have any come back or have they all pulled the pin?

Now I'm no expert in dealing with schools, but I can only imagine that the issue of who's going to pay for the irrigation of the oval may have come into play here. I'm pretty sure the oval is serviced by a full irrigation system underneath.

I don't know what sort of commercial arrangement you're in by leasing the oval from the school, but I'd say that with water prices going the way they are, the school's going to want some form of $$ to pay for the irrigation.

Regarding the coach being sacked, he was using social media in a pretty disgraceful fashion to put it lightly, but I won't say any more about that. The apparent bino-nazi was his wife and when I brought that up with the hierarchy and they told her she wasn't wanted anymore, he didn't take it well.

As to the captain, I was hospitalised when said meeting came round, and wasn't invited anyway. I'd be hurt about it, but we never got on amazingly regardless. :p I don't know the situation on that night, but I do know that a lot of them, him included, stole the club jumpers, apparently in an attempt to prevent us from playing. I don't know about that, seems like a pretty stupid reason but a heap of guernseys were taken.

As to blokes coming back, so far no one's come back to play, but a few of them, including the captain came back and handed their jumpers back in, although the theory is that they have only done so to get permits to play elsewhere. The captain for instance at Kenmore, at least one other over at Ipswich.

For the irrigation of the oval, to my knowledge we've tried to open up discourse with them regarding it, but they don't want to talk about it. Thankfully, we're moving out for next season.

QAFL_Fan, I'd suggest that the players you've spoken to from here regarding the president would be ones who have left who have their own reasons for disliking her. She was against them bringing alcohol into the changerooms and other things like that, so naturally they've got some pretty big shoulder-chippage going on.

Northsider, I'm not impressed personally. I personally expected more from a heap of those guys, but hey, you make do with what you're given. We'll probably not be too competitive for the rest of the season, but we've still got a good core group of guys who are willing to keep going with the club. So we'll see where we stand, but hoepfully the future is bright. Er. :p

King 05

Oct 28, 2010
LA Lakers
Regarding the coach being sacked, he was using social media in a pretty disgraceful fashion to put it lightly, but I won't say any more about that. The apparent bino-nazi was his wife and when I brought that up with the hierarchy and they told her she wasn't wanted anymore, he didn't take it well.

As to the captain, I was hospitalised when said meeting came round, and wasn't invited anyway. I'd be hurt about it, but we never got on amazingly regardless. :p I don't know the situation on that night, but I do know that a lot of them, him included, stole the club jumpers, apparently in an attempt to prevent us from playing. I don't know about that, seems like a pretty stupid reason but a heap of guernseys were taken.

As to blokes coming back, so far no one's come back to play, but a few of them, including the captain came back and handed their jumpers back in, although the theory is that they have only done so to get permits to play elsewhere. The captain for instance at Kenmore, at least one other over at Ipswich.

For the irrigation of the oval, to my knowledge we've tried to open up discourse with them regarding it, but they don't want to talk about it. Thankfully, we're moving out for next season.

QAFL_Fan, I'd suggest that the players you've spoken to from here regarding the president would be ones who have left who have their own reasons for disliking her. She was against them bringing alcohol into the changerooms and other things like that, so naturally they've got some pretty big shoulder-chippage going on.

Northsider, I'm not impressed personally. I personally expected more from a heap of those guys, but hey, you make do with what you're given. We'll probably not be too competitive for the rest of the season, but we've still got a good core group of guys who are willing to keep going with the club. So we'll see where we stand, but hoepfully the future is bright. Er. :p

King 05

Oct 28, 2010
LA Lakers

Sounds like a tough few weeks mate, but I think you'll find amongst all of the posters on here, this sort of behaviour would not be tolerated at any club. Don't let it ruin your clubs first year. And for those the ex-players wanting to move to other clubs...... rest assured they'll be soon discovered for the types they are and quickly moved on.

As to alcohol in the change rooms, well it is a school facility and I can imagine the president was trying to enforce a rule the school or department has. There needs to be some flexibility of course and I hope that there is some consideration to allow blokes to have that heard (and well) earned beer at the end of the game.

swamp13

Aug 27, 2009
Man utd, San Antonio, taker

Just out of curiosity, why doesn't Springfield and colly park merge? Not starting anything, just a thought that's all.

On a different note, with div 1&2 both on byes this week, I wonder if certain teams have a few extra ring ins this week.....

Jun 2, 2007
Sorry to hear all that Phoenix, as much as I was personally disappointed by some of the comments about us coming from senior people at Springfield - its never nice to see stuff like this happen, especially to a new club trying to build.

I don't know each individual myself, but from my limited dealings - I'd suggest you will be onwards and upwards next year with some different folk in place who might realise this is a community competition and upsetting other clubs and complaining won't get you far and instead perhaps lending a hand where possible and then getting that favour returned when its needed.

Looking forward to the last few rounds and getting stuck into finals.

King 05

Oct 28, 2010
LA Lakers
Sorry to hear all that Phoenix, as much as I was personally disappointed by some of the comments about us coming from senior people at Springfield - its never nice to see stuff like this happen, especially to a new club trying to build.

I don't know each individual myself, but from my limited dealings - I'd suggest you will be onwards and upwards next year with some different folk in place who might realise this is a community competition and upsetting other clubs and complaining won't get you far and instead perhaps lending a hand where possible and then getting that favour returned when its needed.

Looking forward to the last few rounds and getting stuck into finals.

Well said Thommo. No one likes to see clubs go under or be held to ransom by some overzealous officials or selfish players.

ErnieD

Rookie
Jun 10, 2014
Just out of curiosity, why doesn't Springfield and colly park merge? Not starting anything, just a thought that's all.

On a different note, with div 1&2 both on byes this week, I wonder if certain teams have a few extra ring ins this week.....

Swamp I would you think that if you spoke to people at CP that you would not have even raised that question. They are in the infancy of building their own history and would think that they would want to do that within.

QAFL_Fan

May 28, 2014
On the boundary
Thats a polite way to put it ErnieD.

I reckon the response from Colly Park on a proposal such as that would contain quite a few more expletives!

Macman70

May 30, 2014
Wynnum Vikings
And recently someone was saying that things were getting boring around here!!!

Tips this week (mostly pretty straight forward):
Yeronga to smash Kedron
Wynnum to pip Sandgate in a close one
Zillmere to beat Kenmore comfortably
Jimboomba to smash UQ
Woodsman in a cricket score over Springfield

Have a great weekend everyone and play hard but safe.

King 05

Oct 28, 2010
LA Lakers
And recently someone was saying that things were getting boring around here!!!

Tips this week (mostly pretty straight forward):
Yeronga to smash Kedron
Wynnum to pip Sandgate in a close one
Zillmere to beat Kenmore comfortably
Jimboomba to smash UQ
Woodsman in a cricket score over Springfield

Have a great weekend everyone and play hard but safe.

No Margins from me but.........

Yeronga
Wynnum
Zillmere
Jimboomba
Woodsmen

Runabout_32

Rookie
Jun 4, 2014
Wynnum v Sandgate is a hard one to pick. But I'm going with Sandgate to get up after losing last week.
Northsider, Do you play for sandgate? as I dont think there will be an upset this week. Wynnum will take the cake! But goodluck tho!

Yeronga
Wynnum
Zillmere
Jimboomba (9am on sat, may be closer than we think)
Woodsmen (cricket score on a hard cricket pitch type field)

QAFL_fan I notice you stirring the pot in the higher division QAFL. There are plenty of hidden gems in this league, you have clearly lost touch with the recruiting gift! :rolleyes: