QAFA (B) Central-2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Go troll somewhere else assclown. Start by giving ur div 3 buddies a big group hug !!
Hey numb nuts, try the next level up, and if you're agreeing with qafa fan re div 4 sides beating div 2 sides then you deserve everything you cop. If you haven't worked it out yet, div 2 is rated 2 divs higher than yours, so why don't you just enjoy yours for what it is and stop with the " we're better than you bullshit". If you truly were, then that's where you'd be playing... But you're not

Hey numb nuts, try the next level up, and if you're agreeing with qafa fan re div 4 sides beating div 2 sides then you deserve everything you cop. If you haven't worked it out yet, div 2 is rated 2 divs higher than yours, so why don't you just enjoy yours for what it is and stop with the " we're better than you bullshit". If you truly were, then that's where you'd be playing... But you're not

And that kids, is why you should never, EVER drink and blog. :)

Nor invite anyone from the outside into this forum....... They just won't understand........

Oh you play in div 2, you must be awesome. You must be up at three in the morning icing your body after your big finals game not trolling other divisions forums, do tell us how you went oh great keyboard warrior?

Only fitting the best two sides through the season playing the grand-final. Woodsmen would have to start favorites and looking at an undefeated season, which would be a wonderful achievement. We will be looking to give a good performance on the night and take it right up to them. Should be a great game.

Haha you blokes need to get off your horse because nobody cares who you are or where you play. Everyone has their own agenda and reasons for playing in lower division & its not always because they can't play higher.
A good mood kill for what has been some good footy being played by all teams and good to watch.

Can't pick the GF. Very even teams, on form I reckon Wynnum probably has it but woodsmen have some old heads in Mika, dobbo, baker, toohey that should guide the team when wynnum get a run on. They need to shut down McCoy, gillett, Vaughan.

Its good being a fan of local footy when you have 2 teams matched like this. Both deserve to win.

Hope there's good chat this week and none of this rubbish above.

Interesting gauge of form Runabout. Woodsmen are undefeated and have beaten Wynnum twice. Woodsmen have also had two weeks off to get rid of all the niggling injuries that exist at this time of year. You really don't like the Woodsmen side do you ??

Should be a cracking game regardless. Best of luck to all who are playing.

Just my opinion from an outsider peanut. I understand you would jump to the defence of your team. I do think woodsmen are a good team, I've known a few of those boys for over 10yrs and have utmost respect for them, just think wynnum have good form and ready to break through. Sometimes having a week off isn't always great.

I will be watching regardless and hope its a tough contest.

Actually, Div 2 is Div 2. This division is for senior teams who don't have numbers for a reserves, and for 3rds sides.

The standard of football has nothing to do with the divisional number.

Ok, so wynnum have 3 of the top 5 players, and woodsmen are playing one of the top 5 in the finals, should that not mean wynnum are favourites? But then 17 woodsmen players got votes, bit scary.

I don't think the voting gives any indication to who may or may not be favourites. I'm sure Wynnum know they are up against it, playing an undefeated team and I'm sure the Woodsmen are quietly nervous that this won't be one game they drop all year.

No doubt Woodsmen missing Monaghan hurts them and evens up the odds, but they did beat them 2 weeks ago without him - and while the final maring was 15 points, the Woodsmen did control most of the game.

Thommo42 said in an earlier post that the other votegetter did his knee earlier in the season (Walter?) so I doubt they consider it a big loss or significant out, when he hasn't played for 15 weeks.

I do find it intriguing that they refuse to pick McDonnell or Hamill in their finals team - and I'll believe it when I see it! Must be hard to balance the desire to win, with the desire to reward your players who have played a majority of the year.

Seems like woodsmen do have some depth in their 22, will be a good final. One worth watching. Fringe players could decide this final.

Agree, top end talent at both clubs is strong, but the players from 15-22 appear more experienced, and harder at the footy than the Wynnum kids.

Can't pick the GF. Very even teams, on form I reckon Wynnum probably has it but woodsmen have some old heads in Mika, dobbo, baker, toohey that should guide the team when wynnum get a run on. They need to shut down McCoy, gillett, Vaughan.

I doubt they will try to shut down Gillett, as it won't work. But the key will be for McCoy and Vaughan to get in there and help him. They both seemed very very timid in the last contest and Gillett was one out against Dobson, Mika, Baker, #9 & Toohey in the midfield battle - all strong boys who go very hard.

If Wynnum keep overestimating the importance of their fitness and speed with their spread and continually kicking the ball backwards and sideways, they will play into the hands of the Woodsmen. They should be playing fast direct footy, constantly kicking it sideways just allows Green to position himself in the hole, and in dry conditions he will just mark everything.

Its good being a fan of local footy when you have 2 teams matched like this. Both deserve to win.

Agree. I think wynnum are almost certain to move up to QAFA next year - so it would be nice for them to go on the back of a flag. While the Woodsmen might see this is a bit of a last hurrah for a few older blokes and want the win to defend the honour of QAFA B Central!

Wynnum winning QAFA A next year after being beaten finalists this year would be amusing :)

Sometimes having a week off isn't always great

Regardless of the outcome on Friday, I can assure you that having a week off was definitely great!

Some little niggles are behind a few blokes, and we would have had quite a few unavailable last week simply due to other commitments - so the week off was a blessing on 2 fronts!

Just my opinion from an outsider peanut. I understand you would jump to the defence of your team. I do think woodsmen are a good team, I've known a few of those boys for over 10yrs and have utmost respect for them, just think wynnum have good form and ready to break through. Sometimes having a week off isn't always great. I will be watching regardless and hope its a tough contest.

Hey Peanut are you from Woodsmen?? I thought you were from a different club? I could be wrong but I do not think he is defending his team.
Anyway it makes no difference, as I have already said I think Woodsmen have to be favourites (you know that whole undefeated thing!!). Sure we had a fantastic game last Friday, especially the second quarter, and no offense to Sandgate, but Woodsmen are going to be a very different proposition. It was a good confidence boost for us but still will take a very good effort to win the final. Really looking forward to the game and to a celebration afterwards regardless of the end result. It has been a great season.

[QUOTE="Agree, top end talent at both clubs is strong, but the players from 15-22 appear more experienced, and harder at the footy than the Wynnum kids. [/QUOTE]
Yeah would have to agree with you there QAFL, we do have a few young guys who are still gaining experience and hardening up as they grow. So advantage to Woodsmen there. But on the other hand they are like bloody foxy terriers around the club and will be pretty keen to go on Friday.

[QUOTE="Agree. I think wynnum are almost certain to move up to QAFA next year - so it would be nice for them to go on the back of a flag. While the Woodsmen might see this is a bit of a last hurrah for a few older blokes and want the win to defend the honour of QAFA B Central! Wynnum winning QAFA A next year after being beaten finalists this year would be amusing :)[/QUOTE]
Don't get ahead of yourself QAFL. We would love to move up a division but that totally depends on numbers. Any boys out there want to come over and join us? ;) And i do not for a minute think we would go up and then smash everyone up there. That is not at all realistic i think. We have certainly not smashed everyone in this division!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just to be clear Macman, I'm not being critical of the younger (smaller) blokes being soft - particularly your league B&F winner. It's simply a reality that if you give away 15kg, its human nature to pull out of the odd contest!

I remember when I played my first game of senior footy in the 70's when I was just little 15 year old, and I was jumping out of the way most of the time. Footy in country Victoria was pretty tough and plenty of blokes liked the old 'welcome to senior footy' shirt front, so I'm not afraid to admit to pulling out of a few contests, I wasn't interested in getting killed!

What comes out of all these comments is no one can pick a clear winner. Which personally I think is great. Everyone has valid points. It's a 50/50 boys.

Just to be clear Macman, I'm not being critical of the younger (smaller) blokes being soft - particularly your league B&F winner. It's simply a reality that if you give away 15kg, its human nature to pull out of the odd contest!

I remember when I played my first game of senior footy in the 70's when I was just little 15 year old, and I was jumping out of the way most of the time. Footy in country Victoria was pretty tough and plenty of blokes liked the old 'welcome to senior footy' shirt front, so I'm not afraid to admit to pulling out of a few contests, I wasn't interested in getting killed!
Qafl fan you probably always pulled out of a contests your whole career.always chasing hot chips at the back of a pack...

QAFL_Fan, The Vikings main issue is pretty simple, it's about Numbers. Something The Vikings will have to address after the Grand Final. No matter what the result.

I wouldn't be to crictical of the young Vikings. Remember it's div 4 footy. I've seen a few QAFL matches this year, with players pulling out of contests and some weren't young either.

I'm surprised the Grand Final is at Yeronga. Lights not good enough at Noosa? Lol

All cool QAFL. I did not think you were being critical of our boys, just stating an opinion to which you are completely entitled. It is very true that a bulkier guy who has been playing good footy for many years is generally going to be harder at the ball then a 17 year stick insect. In saying that we have some pretty gutsy young fellas who give their best, and they are good kids to boot. The sort of young fella you can build a bit of a future around.
Don't worry, as the oldest member of the team and still looking like a bit of a stick insect you have the occasional look. Especially when you are standing next to man giant Thommo!! Was the same the week before standing beside Widt! I just keep telling myself..."David and Goliath, David and Goliath, where the hell is my slingshot!!" :)

All cool QAFL. I did not think you were being critical of our boys, just stating an opinion to which you are completely entitled. It is very true that a bulkier guy who has been playing good footy for many years is generally going to be harder at the ball then a 17 year stick insect. In saying that we have some pretty gutsy young fellas who give their best, and they are good kids to boot. The sort of young fella you can build a bit of a future around.
Don't worry, as the oldest member of the team and still looking like a bit of a stick insect you have the occasional look. Especially when you are standing next to man giant Thommo!! Was the same the week before standing beside Widt! I just keep telling myself..."David and Goliath, David and Goliath, where the hell is my slingshot!!" :)

QAFL Fan and Peanut have no idea and should not be commenting on any forums.. some outlandish disgraceful comments with a lot of self proclaim!!

QAFL Fan and Peanut have no idea and should not be commenting on any forums.. some outlandish disgraceful comments with a lot of self proclaim!!

That's what forums are for bud. And I have not spoken of myself in any other manner than being a fan of local footy. Zero self proclaim from me. Are you one of the many that are severely offended about the comparisons between the QAFA leagues ??

Why is that mate?

I haven't played football in 20 years, and I have no club ties in Brisbane at all. The only club I've ever played for in QLD was Southport and that was in the 80's/90's - before that I came from the O&M league.

No self proclaim here, I'm nearly 60 years old for gods sake!

At least they are well thought out and rational posts worth reading. A stark difference to the tripe that you just blessed us with.

SaintsFlyingHigh.jpg

Woodsmen Facebook page just said they had 13 at training last night. Ha ha only in fourth div can the unbeaten team struggle to get people to training on grand final week.

Woodsmen Facebook page just said they had 13 at training last night. Ha ha only in fourth div can the unbeaten team struggle to get people to training on grand final week.

Struggle, What struggle? That sounds to me like it was their best session all season. They'll be primed for Friday night if they're getting those numbers on a Monday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back