QAFA (B) Central-2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Forget rumour, that is true. What a farce !!! They wouldn't want to be charging an entry fee now. As for AFL Queensland, they should be ashamed of themselves. These guys pay their money, train super hard all year, make it through the finals to make the grand final, and have to play on a kids ground. Some would be living out boyhood dreams to play in an Aussie Rules grand final, and this is what they get ?? All because AFLQ are too precious about the condition of their grounds. Disgusting !!

Peanut maybe you could pull a few strings and see if the QFA South prelim can be played on oval 2 tomorrow instead lol

ha ha, remember guys that commenting on the ways of the governing body can lead to life suspension, and possibly death.

i am reminded of my dad getting grumpy when i was about 14 about the damage epic backyard cricket battles were doing to the lawn. my reply then is the same that comes to mind now... "but dad, what is the grass FOR????"

I think you will find that QFA South Reserve Grade match will be played on the back oval.

All harmless banter aside, the standard of football is completely irrelevant as to where the game should or shouldnt be played.

We are all fee paying players who have put in all year who expect to be treated with a certain level of respect, and it appears that we are considered superflous and unimportant to the point where our most important match of the year can be moved to a little league oval with about 5 hours notice.

We have gone to great effort to promote the game and invite colleagues, friends and family - so to be belittled by the powers that be like this is more than a little disappointing.

Oh well, onwards and upwards. I'm sure Wynnum are quite rightly pissed off as well.

I'm sure Yeronga are annoyed by the potential loss of revenue too, given plenty of supporters will no doubt turn around and go home given there is nowhere for all the kids and older folk to even sit.

All harmless banter aside, the standard of football is completely irrelevant as to where the game should or shouldnt be played.

We are all fee paying players who have put in all year who expect to be treated with a certain level of respect, and it appears that we are considered superflous and unimportant to the point where our most important match of the year can be moved to a little league oval with about 5 hours notice.

We have gone to great effort to promote the game and invite colleagues, friends and family - so to be belittled by the powers that be like this is more than a little disappointing.

Oh well, onwards and upwards. I'm sure Wynnum are quite rightly pissed off as well.

I'm sure Yeronga are annoyed by the potential loss of revenue too, given plenty of supporters will no doubt turn around and go home given there is nowhere for all the kids and older folk to even sit.

Are you kidding me...? What a ridiculous decision. If there is anyone from AFLQ reading this you should be ashamed of yourselves. It's a Grand Final FFS. These players deserve the respect to play on the best ground.

For all those having a crack at this league, remember your club could very well be treated with the same distain as these clubs. They pay fees, they train and play each and every week (often providing their own game day support - because AFLQ haven't got the resources or inclination to provide them themselves). It's as serious and as important as any other division, regardless of the title given to it.

Believe me both clubs should be, after the game, requesting proper reasons for the decision.

None the less I will be there to watch what should be a great game. Good luck to all. Come up and say hi and have a drink with me. I'll be wearing black and white!! ;)

No matter what!! It has been a pleasure to umpire both these teams. Should be a cracker. May the best team win.

Too good the men from Sherwood. Great game, tough game. Full credit to Wynnum for their season and game tonight.

Now comes the celebration. Big hi to "the Butcher" who's waiting for this post. Told you I'd get one in tonight.

And to Thommo who played injured, and to "Rocky Balboa" who went all MMA against the fence.

Well deserved boys. Enjoy the next few days!!!;)

Great win by the woodies tonight!!! Wynumm had a crack, but out bustled in the end. Oval looked good, not sure what all the fuss was about.
However some feral wynumm supporters slagging out on the female ump which was disappointing.

Great win by the woodies tonight!!! Wynumm had a crack, but out bustled in the end. Oval looked good, not sure what all the fuss was about.
However some feral wynumm supporters slagging out on the female ump which was disappointing.

Great crowd last night to watch the woodsmen take home the trophy. Wynnum were never really in the game but they had good patches which made for good watching.

One thing that I think let wynnum down massively is they had one game plan which wasn't working and didn seem to have a plan B. They are drilled well. But going backwards and letting the team set their lines is crazy when you need to score.

Woodsmen Reid Dobson won best on ground. Think most agree should have been his second metal :)

All in all a great year and can't wait next year and hopefully win a few more.

Well Played Woodsmen. Best team all season and best team on the night. No-one can argue with that.
Was pretty disappointed in the woodsmen fan behind the goals though. their behavior was pretty ordinary all through the match. You can cheer your team on without having to get personal and sledge the opposition players all the time, especially once your boys got on top.

Otherwise a good game and woodsmen were just a bit too experience and a bit to big for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Macman sit in the crowd and listen to your supporters yell out 'hey ump who are u f###ing you s###' etc and then consider whether it's reasonable to have a sook about a footballer being teased from the sideline.
It happens weekly in ever league everywhere get over it.

Macman you can't complain about spectators sledging players. That is part of afl and will always happen and if you guys plan to push forward into higher grades can't let that stuff affect you. And from the sidelines it was both group of supporters.

Good season for wynnum to start rebuilding. Just leave it at that mate.

Well Played Woodsmen. Best team all season and best team on the night. No-one can argue with that.
Was pretty disappointed in the woodsmen fan behind the goals though. their behavior was pretty ordinary all through the match. You can cheer your team on without having to get personal and sledge the opposition players all the time, especially once your boys got on top.

Otherwise a good game and woodsmen were just a bit too experience and a bit to big for us.

Macman considering the fans of the Woodsmen behind the goals I think you might have gotten off lightly. If you're focussing on the sledge, then they've done their job. And perhaps you haven't.......

just saying......;)

Good behaviour all in all by the crowd I thought. Good to see players/coaches from other clubs there too.

And from who I saw at the ground, their might have been a fairly handy Woodsmen 2nds in the
"stands".

One thing though, it's all well and good to be hard at the footy, it's another to be hard at the man. That 2nd quarter looked like your instructions were to unsettle the Woodsmen with physicality. All fine if your intention was the ball. But it didn't look like it from where I was sitting. That scuffle on the fence didn't seem to serve much purpose but to tire your players out, give the crowd more ammo and re-focus the Woodsmen on the task at hand.

Good finish to a good year. Can't believe anyone would whine about sledging from fans? Some quality stuff was coming over the fence at both ends from both sets of fans, although the stuff directed at the female umpire was very very ordinary.

#17 from Wynnum copped plenty, but given he attacks blokes constantly when the ball isn't in play, sledges like a soldier and then shits himself every time he touches the footy - that's to be expected!

4 seasons in a row I'll be attending the B&F count with a plaster cast on the arm, no luck!

Good finish to a good year. Can't believe anyone would whine about sledging from fans? Some quality stuff was coming over the fence at both ends from both sets of fans, although the stuff directed at the female umpire was very very ordinary.

#17 from Wynnum copped plenty, but given he attacks blokes constantly when the ball isn't in play, sledges like a soldier and then shits himself every time he touches the footy - that's to be expected!

4 seasons in a row I'll be attending the B&F count with a plaster cast on the arm, no luck!
Yeah he let it get to him I think. Well done mate on the year. Beat us straight up. What did happen to the thumb, one of our lads said it was facing the wrong way when it happened?

Not taking anything away from woodsman win. But aflq is a joke, moving the game to the smallest junior ground a couple of hours before the game is a farce. To throw in the changing of the qafl ressies game on Saturday to 9am to promote the women's league, just shows that the boys at the top have no clue to what goes into a season as player/team anymore. They just care about the $$$

Interesting game, I swallowed my pride and got down for a look after initially thinking I would boycott. Really wanted to see it unfold though.

Woodsmen shot out of the blocks early, just too big up front with #13, Thommo and Baker all up front against smaller opponents. Baker starting in the midfield was a masterstroke, as he then moved forward to swap with a little guy on ball and was matched up against a pretty weak defender and completely destroyed him. The perils of having a player/coach were on display, especially Ferguson playing deep forward - couldn't see just how wrong the matchups were at the other end. #42 for Wynnum was strong in the contest and was the only guy getting his arm across his opponent, and really should have been playing on #13 or Baker - instead Thommo was just sitting in the pocket offering very little while Baker destroyed his smaller opponent.

The run from #1 for the Woodsmen was just phenomenal, he is like an energiser bunny that just burns up and down the wing all day never seeming to tire. He seems an unsung hero in this outfit, but should be playing a higher standard with his elite gut running and good skills off either side.

Thought Vaughan from Wynnum really stood up for them in a solo effort, didn't seem to shirk any contests like previous weeks and took some hard hits and never took his eye off the prize - excellent showing. McCoy went missing big time, and old Scotty G's conditioning really caught up with him - he doesn't have the strength advantage against the Woodsmen as he does other teams so was forced into errors and rushed disposals.

In the end though, while Dobson, Mihapolous and McNaughton really dominated in the middle - the game was won by the size of the Woodsmen. Their key defenders just never lose contests, their smaller defenders #2 and #11 (what a barrel he is, but quick!) really attack the footy hard and clear it well and apart from Baker, I felt the most influential player on the contest was the Woodsmen ruckman - McCewen. Reckon he had his colours lowered in the semi-final by Farrow, but he absolutely dominated on Friday night. Killed him around the ground with his workrate and work at stoppages, and really set the standard at the centre bounces to get the ball moving forward.

Hats off to Wynnum though, it could have been an absolute massacre after that start, but they stuck at it and were noticeably more physical throughout the game. Inexperience and size were the main difference, on a small field like that the Woodsmen just knocked them off the footy far too easily and really ran straight through the footy, constantly winning contests through pure strength even when they were outnumbered.

Have to mention Vaughan again too, copped a bit of unwarranted criticism around the traps after winning the League Medal, but he was a constant all night taking on bigger opponents and winning plenty of footy. Thought he had a great game and never gave up, I was somewhat surprised Dobson won the medal - felt it had to be Baker or McCewen.

A sledge to Thommo too, I was sitting near Rex and the Colly Park boys, and I saw his thumb in all sorts of strife. But he was screaming like a pig when they were trying to put it back in, harden up son! Nobody wants to hear a sook on the bench.

Standard was exceptionally high all night, reckon a few of the crowd would have been surprised.

You must have left some of those tea leaves in the wynnum rooms on Friday cuz have I got some juicy news for you. Apparently the big boss of aflq wants to bring in what the Vfa have recently done, and that's that no club is allowed to serve alcohol till after the final siren of the last scheduled game for the day. My opinion is that will destroy nearly every club from qfa down.

Shouldn't affect this league Swampy, never anyone from AFLQ at the games to police it!

But seriously, that has to be a joke - just has to be?!

Shouldn't affect this league Swampy, never anyone from AFLQ at the games to police it!

But seriously, that has to be a joke - just has to be?!
True, only ever saw our competition manager at the granny.

No joke mate, within two years is his vision apparently.

True, only ever saw our competition manager at the granny.

No joke mate, within two years is his vision apparently.

Do these guys at AFLQ have any idea ??? You can understand why the VFA might do something like this, as they probably do have alcohol related problems at amateur games, but also compare the crowds that attend VFA games and the culture that is ingrained in those VFA clubs. Now compare that to QLD footy, and you may as well be comparing two completely different sports. Is this guy really struggling that much to come up with ideas to justify his job, or has he been smoking those tea leaves that have been left around AFLQ headquarters ???

Remove this Banner Ad

Back