QAFA (B) Central-2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Do these guys at AFLQ have any idea ??? You can understand why the VFA might do something like this, as they probably do have alcohol related problems at amateur games, but also compare the crowds that attend VFA games and the culture that is ingrained in those VFA clubs. Now compare that to QLD footy, and you may as well be comparing two completely different sports. Is this guy really struggling that much to come up with ideas to justify his job, or has he been smoking those tea leaves that have been left around AFLQ headquarters ???

So let me get this right...... Because I don't really understand.

It's Friday night. Sherwood have finally got their act together and the lights are upgraded and looking fantastic which means the Woodsmen finally have a home (And are home)......

Are you saying that Mr and Mrs Smith can't have a beer while watching the game:
A: with their meal
B: inside the clubhouse
C: in a licensed premises
?????????

Or can they just not have a drink until 9.30pm after the game has finished? Because people will just sit in their car and have one they bought themselves.

It simply won't work, they can't police it and clubs will be demanding compensation for lost revenue.

Not that I condone it, nor am I trivialising it, but has there really been a lot alcohol fuelled violence at games in recent years to warrant such a decision?

There has been approaches to a number of the top sides in QAFA B to form joint ventures with other clubs to move up to QAFA A.

Will believe it when I see it though.

We (Woodsmen) were approached to be a senior side in QAFA A.

Won't happen, as we indicated we were happy to move comps on the proviso of most of our home & away games being Friday nights....which I imagine wouldn't be agreed to by AFLQ, or other competing clubs.

I'm sure Jimboomba will go to QAFA A if given the same approach as we were.

We (Woodsmen) were approached to be a senior side in QAFA A.

Won't happen, as we indicated we were happy to move comps on the proviso of most of our home & away games being Friday nights....which I imagine wouldn't be agreed to by AFLQ, or other competing clubs.

I'm sure Jimboomba will go to QAFA A if given the same approach as we were.
your probably in the comp you should be as your team can change fairly dramatically each year,what is your arrangement with sherwood f.c?

Heard a few whispers over weekend that this comp could have as many as 4 new teams next year, Ferny Grove, Mayne, Ipswich and Vic Point. Geez Ipswich would be a bloody tough ask to get to on a Friday night! Anyone know how legit this is?

Out: Kedron & Springfield

IN: Mayne, Ferny Grove, Vic Point

Possibles: Ipswich & a 2nd UQ side

Vic Point and Wynnum think they will be in QAFA A - good luck to them. Need 60 names by the end of the month!

would you really want to go 'up' after a hiding in the GF?

Vic Point and Wynnum think they will be in QAFA A - good luck to them. Need 60 names by the end of the month!

Interesting. You have a lot of detail here QAFL. Have you been to a meeting regarding all this?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kedron I understand not putting a side in, Struggled for numbers all year.

Springfield as of last week were posting for Senior Assistant coach position etc. on their greater springfield facebook page. ? Does someone need to tell them they're dreaming?

from what I hear. the other clubs and AFLQ would be happy to see the back of them.

Rubbed every club in the comp up the wrong way, made no friends at all and AFLQ are sick of their dramas.

Now while I have no idea what the hell is going on with my mob, I do know that what's left of the senior group is committed to playing for the Storm next season and that we've already tried to get a preseason sorted and underway.

Now so far that has been a shambles, and we're going to struggle for numbers, but we certainly hope to be playing next season.

Sorry to disappoint guys, :p

2012-14 TAFL Premiers - New England Nomads of Armidale are hosting:

UNE Tablelands Cup

Saturday 28th March 2015

$1500 prize money

Limited places available

A great opportunity to get away with the team and play some decent footy against different clubs

Please read the formal invitation (attached below)

www.newenglandnomads.net

Attachments

• Invitation TC 2015.pdf
    129.6 KB · Views: 26
Kedron I understand not putting a side in, Struggled for numbers all year.

Springfield as of last week were posting for Senior Assistant coach position etc. on their greater springfield facebook page. ? Does someone need to tell them they're dreaming?

Ferny Grove??? have they got the numbers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back