Qantas foreign ownership

Remove this Banner Ad

No sensible man would step up and replace him until the company has restructured. Would you blow your personal brand with the fights to be had with unions, the government and the media?

QANTAS will have to persevere with him for a while longer yet.

I think that he blew the brand with he took on the public.

Is it not in the nations interests for the government to have some interest in Qantas as a national carrier?
Countries like Ethiopia have their own airline!

Simply no.

Ethiopia is to risky for foreign or local investment not to mention being government owned it is just another way for its government to syphon money.

Australia doesn't need to revisit the deep dark ugly days that Ethiopia still finds itself.

"Dwarf" your word not mine - perhaps says something about you?

"Dwarfism" my humblest apologies.

Fly to Ireland, call a local of Joyce's height (or lower) a leprechaun and see how you fare. Your either dumb or ignorant and I don't think your dumb.

For the record if he is there past June, Qantas are ****ed.

"Dwarfism" my humblest apologies.

Fly to Ireland, call a local of Joyce's height (or lower) a leprechaun and see how you fare. Your either dumb or ignorant and I don't think your dumb.\

Now that's not very nice, nor warranted!

For the record if he is there past June, Qantas are ******.

Sounds reasonable. Might be able to put on some decent flight schedules.

Agree

It would fix their issues overnight, get around the government restrictions on ownership and reduce the cost base immediately.

I am not sure if they are bold enough though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol @ Tony trying to say that Virgin is Australian cause they employ Australians... Guess what Tony, Toyota employed Australian's but they are sure as hell not Australian. BP, Shell etc etc employ Australians and are definitely not Australian. What an idiot.

Thanks, lost your sense of imagination - you never get mental images at times?

Like someone in a burka with a bomb strapped to themselves? I am sure if someone posted that you would be the first to scream in outrage.

Is it not in the nations interests for the government to have some interest in Qantas as a national carrier?

Is it not in the nation's interests to have an airline that is actually efficient, acts as a national carriers and doesn't have staff that are useless, lazy and rude?

Worst international carrier I have flown in the last ten years. Diabolical. Makes BA look good and I can assure you that takes some doing.

Like someone in a burka with a bomb strapped to themselves? I am sure if someone posted that you would be the first to scream in outrage.

Is it not in the nation's interests to have an airline that is actually efficient, acts as a national carriers and doesn't have staff that are useless, lazy and rude?

Worst international carrier I have flown in the last ten years. Diabolical. Makes BA look good and I can assure you that takes some doing.
Why am I not surprised at your response, you are so predictable and tiresome.

Last edited:

And when airlines with foreign interests are charging us double to leave our shores in the future I bet we all wish QF was still around..

Don't know how or why people think they are so bad, I fly often and can assure you Qantas are world renowned at what they do

And when airlines with foreign interests are charging us double to leave our shores in the future I bet we all wish QF was still around..

Don't know how or why people think they are so bad, I fly often and can assure you Qantas are world renowned at what they do
Why would they do that?

To be competitive o/s they need to be affordable, that won't happen if flights back are empty

See below. 10th. Their international efforts are extraordinarily bad. Planes are ok / above average. Staff are incredibly rude. QANTAS should sack all its cabin crew and rehire out of the ME. It would improve the airline immensely. When I fly to Oz the agent(s) don't even quote QANTAS prices even if they are competitive. One would think there is a reason for that.

http://www.worldairlineawards.com/

Why am I not surprised at your response

Just pointing out your shameless hypocrisy. If you don't want the criticism don't post such puerile nonsense.

Why would they do that, unless they formed a cartel? Especially given Qantas doesn't really compete internationally now anyway with the exception of the US and NZ routes. They don't fly often enough from Australia to Europe or Asia to make a difference.

I agree. Qantas, all things considered, are still a pretty good airline.

lol @ Tony trying to say that Virgin is Australian cause they employ Australians... Guess what Tony, Toyota employed Australian's but they are sure as hell not Australian. BP, Shell etc etc employ Australians and are definitely not Australian. What an idiot.
Virgin were owned by toll holdings until a few years ago, when they rid themselves of 62.7% of the total shares in Virgin, the company is now 63% with foreign airlines (airnz has 23, sia and etihad have 20 each) and the rest is random shareholders.

In saying that the company is still headquartered in Brisbane and is not owned by Branson's Virgin Group (he sold a massive percentage of his holding shortly after the airline was founded, he might still own in the region of 1%)

Do you consider Holden an Australian company?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back