Unofficial Preview QF Freo v Sydney COLA swans

TheMcManusNose

Premiership Player
Apr 21, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Vancouver Canucks
Yeah that 30% off Virgin flight I booked last month is looking mighty ******* prescient now.

What's the go with tickets? Am I practically guaranteed some with the Freo members allocation or do I have to climb over hoards of rabid east coast scum to claim my rightful seats?

Stumper

Debutant
Aug 27, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
booked flights from melbourne cant wait :D YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! im not going to be able to sleep all week
Had a very stressfull week
Booked my tickets from perth to sydney 3 weeks ago predicting this finish.
Needed Valium during the game.
Paid off now.
Lets try to get as many fans over as we can
They are quiet supporters we can do what we did in Geelong last year.

Stumper

Debutant
Aug 27, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Does any one have any idea of the best place to sit/watch at ANZ stadium.
I have heard better off close to ground as up high it average view as you are so far away.??

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
I have heard better off close to ground as up high it average view as you are so far away.??
Weird shape and suburban leisure centre atmosphere aside, apparently that's a big knock on the ground

Stumper

Debutant
Aug 27, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Weird shape and suburban leisure centre atmosphere aside, apparently that's a big knock on the ground
I have not heard many good things about it for AFL.
Looks like from the pics most people gather on the wings and behind goals.
The 45 degree angle near behind posts don't look popular

Jezzitizle

Premiership Player
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Fremantle
Wow everyone seems pretty confident. I'm worried about their key forwards, Dawson conceded a lot of goals against Schulz, McPharlin won't be fit and Johnson could hardly run. Who knows what the go is with scos? We are going to need our midfield to get a clear win, not an easy thing to do. Ibbo and Spurr both played well against the power, they are going to be crucial against the swans. Swans fans complain about cola in the title, well imagine having to come up against a side who have 9.8% more to spend than you during finals. The cola jibes are just words, but if Buddy kicks a bag it will be the cola that killed us.

Lost_Deputy

Premiership Player
Sep 9, 2013
Bundeena
AFL Club
Fremantle
Wow everyone seems pretty confident. I'm worried about their key forwards, Dawson conceded a lot of goals against Schulz, McPharlin won't be fit and Johnson could hardly run. Who knows what the go is with scos? We are going to need our midfield to get a clear win, not an easy thing to do. Ibbo and Spurr both played well against the power, they are going to be crucial against the swans. Swans fans complain about cola in the title, well imagine having to come up against a side who have 9.8% more to spend than you during finals. The cola jibes are just words, but if Buddy kicks a bag it will be the cola that killed us.

While I get the COLA rage it really is just another incentive to knock em over rather than anything else. Working through bad refs, poor AFL calls and the like without complaining is part of the groups DNA. It just the victory so much sweeter.

SCOS is ready to roll reckons RTB and
Jonno will be too, apparently. It's gonna be wet which will help us but they have also been training in it for two weeks already.

ANZ gets dissed a lot as it lacks atmosphere. The tiers are quite wide and let out a bunch of noise. In terms of seating I find it's quite forgiving being up high due to the layout but you'd wanna be as close to centre as possible.

Outshined

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 12, 2009
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
And reading through the Swans thread about the QF, I hope we ******* smash them.

So much arrogance from a group of supporters whose team has done next to * all in the grand scheme of things.

Sep 8, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GWS
Yeah that 30% off Virgin flight I booked last month is looking mighty ******* prescient now.

What's the go with tickets? Am I practically guaranteed some with the Freo members allocation or do I have to climb over hoards of rabid east coast scum to claim my rightful seats?

Mate it will be half full. Plus if you book in the freo allocation you will be put with the freo people

clogged

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Apr 4, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
As a place to watch sport, it's great. Viewing angles are fantastic no matter where you sit. It's arguably better than the MCG in terms of seating such that where ever you sit you'll have a good view of the game. I've seen the NRL grand final, state of origin, World Cup qualifiers and AFL matches and I've never had a bad viewing experience.

But for atmosphere, it sucks. Sound doesn't resonate, so even for a sold out game it seems soulless. Best overall experience has been the World Cup qualifiers, but if the stadium is even half full it seems like no one is there. Honestly, the atmosphere at the GWS ground across the road is better with 6,000 people there than 50,000 at Stadium Australia. And for most people it's a half hour or longer train ride there and back which takes out a lot of the buzz of going to the footy.

Also, Sydney fans are tossers.

Bicco

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 23, 2013
Hobart
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle, Socceroos
Tickets have been bought! I'm flying up from Melbourne and doing it all in 1 day. Not sure how late the game will finish but I have a flight back to Melbourne at 8:25pm.
Had look at the flights last night then remembered that my beautiful, darling boy is turning 3 next f******g Saturday! No flights for me.

free at last

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
south of lat 32
AFL Club
Fremantle
And reading through the Swans thread about the QF, I hope we ******* smash them.

So much arrogance from a group of supporters whose team has done next to **** all in the grand scheme of things.

Incredible arrogance on display over on the swans board,I want this victory so so much.

Had look at the flights last night then remembered that my beautiful, darling boy is turning 3 next f******g Saturday! No flights for me.
You may need to reassess what's really important in life. Sounds like you have your priorities mixed up. ;)

Back