Unofficial Preview QF Freo v Sydney COLA swans

Remove this Banner Ad

I remember the Hawks pushed Buddy to the pockets in their game. I was watching that pretty intensely. I can't remember how many goals he kicked, maybe one to three, but they did really well and employed a simple tactic to keep him quieter than he would've been.

I remember the Hawks pushed Buddy to the pockets in their game. I was watching that pretty intensely. I can't remember how many goals he kicked, maybe one to three, but they did really well and employed a simple tactic to keep him quieter than he would've been.
He kicked 3.5 with some bad misses as well as setting up Goodes. Considering they know him so well Buddy has not yet been contained by the Hawks

Excuse me but does anyone have any info on how syd have gone in the last month and who their important players are apart from buddy and tippet? What makes sydney go? Who should Crowley go on? Who is their tagger? I must admit i have watched little to no swans games this season. Much appreciated!

Excuse me but does anyone have any info on how syd have gone in the last month and who their important players are apart from buddy and tippet? What makes sydney go? Who should Crowley go on? Who is their tagger? I must admit i have watched little to no swans games this season. Much appreciated!
Big question man. They are killer across the park. Hannebery, Jack and Kennedy are some of the cleanest ball winners in the game. McVeigh has been doing his thing and Jetta has been slowly returning to his 2012 form. Richards and Malcheski are absolute beasts in defense and a good reason why we're not number 1 anymore. Also guys like Parker and Mcglynn can be massively damaging.
Crowls has tagged Jack mainly besides getting owned by Hannebury in our draw last year.

Big question man. They are killer across the park. Hannebery, Jack and Kennedy are some of the cleanest ball winners in the game. McVeigh has been doing his thing and Jetta has been slowly returning to his 2012 form. Richards and Malcheski are absolute beasts in defense and a good reason why we're not number 1 anymore. Also guys like Parker and Mcglynn can be massively damaging.
Crowls has tagged Jack mainly besides getting owned by Hannebury in our draw last year.
Thanks for this. How do you reckon their back line would match up on our forwards? I recall that rampe is pretty good too

Yes we need to single out buddy, but Tippett and Goodes can also be very dangerous. I wonder if Dawson will go to buddy, anyway we need to fiend the clearances, that's how we win IMO.

Mzungu - Hanneberry, Crowley to Jack, the rest will sort itself out. I'd back Fyfe, Barlow and Mundy to match the size and intensity of Kennedy, Parker and co.

Their backline isn't that brilliant. Our forwards more than hold their own. Particularly with Walters in the team. The problem I foresee is our backline is going to struggle; Hawthorn coped, so can we.

Thanks for this. How do you reckon their back line would match up on our forwards? I recall that rampe is pretty good too
Yeah he's a ripper. I think our fwds are gonna be hard to stop but it would be worth keeping Crozier for extra firepower. The Swans are masters of absorbing pressure and repeat entries.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very honest question here.

Do we consider dropping Taberner if it suggests the amount of rain that is being suggested?

Does deBoer get any sort of look in for these conditions?

Just spit balling but Fyfe for Suban seems like our obvious change.

Silvagni in for... Taberner?

Crozier in the wet might be the better option. I don't want to mess with form and players confidences and structure as it has freed up Pav and Taberner has been in our top 5 the last few weeks, but do we even consider it?

One to ponder Freo crew.

Whilst we're at the big men. Do we consider playing Sandi by himself? Clarke out if its wet and have Tabs and Zac give Sandi a break?

Can't underestimate the conditions, we're not talking a bit of rain. We're talking at this stage a downpour and very slippery conditions at ANZ.

Mzungu - Hanneberry, Crowley to Jack, the rest will sort itself out. I'd back Fyfe, Barlow and Mundy to match the size and intensity of Kennedy, Parker and co.

Their backline isn't that brilliant. Our forwards more than hold their own. Particularly with Walters in the team. The problem I foresee is our backline is going to struggle; Hawthorn coped, so can we.

We have to be extremely careful whenever Goodes has the footy. Great player in the past who has buried us numerous times but like Cox, once the body starts to go you begin relying on ugly methods to win the footy. His first instinct will be to play for the free and we need to be mindful of this because they WILL pay it 9/10 times.

He's been copping it since yesterday so that could prove to be in our favour, we know how knee-jerk umpires are (well their bosses who give them their directives).

Very honest question here.

Do we consider dropping Taberner if it suggests the amount of rain that is being suggested?

Does deBoer get any sort of look in for these conditions?

Just spit balling but Fyfe for Suban seems like our obvious change.

Silvagni in for... Taberner?

Crozier in the wet might be the better option. I don't want to mess with form and players confidences and structure as it has freed up Pav and Taberner has been in our top 5 the last few weeks, but do we even consider it?

One to ponder Freo crew.

Whilst we're at the big men. Do we consider playing Sandi by himself? Clarke out if its wet and have Tabs and Zac give Sandi a break?

Can't underestimate the conditions, we're not talking a bit of rain. We're talking at this stage a downpour and very slippery conditions at ANZ.

What website is showing it's going to be pelting down next Saturday?

What website is showing it's going to be pelting down next Saturday?

I was reading on the Sydney threads and they were concerned with the rain and surface.

Now when I look myself it seems just a shower or 2 which basically means fine.

Still it's a discussion we can have.

I was reading on the Sydney threads and they were concerned with the rain and surface.

I'm happy their supporters are more worried about the state of the ground than us!

I recall seeing somewhere that the swans win rate at anz is 50%. 50%! That's a home ground DISadvantage!

I'm happy their supporters are more worried about the state of the ground than us!

I recall seeing somewhere that the swans win rate at anz is 50%. 50%! That's a home ground DISadvantage!

Yeah its a funny anomaly.

Generally they are fixtured there when they play the big teams. So it would make sense they could lose those games.

I'll take any advantage and see this as one of them.

I also think our forward line may very well become our strength in September.

We'll see.

I just had a look at windguru which is usually pretty good at forecasting rainfall.It forecasted Perth's rain event last Friday fairly accurately.Windguru is forecasting rain for Sydney next Saturday,personally I hope it pisses down,it should take away the height advantage Sydney's forward line clearly has.

I just had a look at windguru which is usually pretty good at forecasting rainfall.It forecasted Perth's rain event last Friday fairly accurately.Windguru is forecasting rain for Sydney next Saturday,personally I hope it pisses down,it should take away the height advantage Sydney's forward line clearly has.

So if it looks likely do we consider dropping Tabs?

Do we consider a wet weather player in deBoer? Hows Crozier in the wet?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back