Unofficial Preview QF Freo v Sydney COLA swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Also I've never been there, but I was under the impression that ANZ had a roof?

Nope. Leans in a bit though.

Note to anyone thinking of going to the game, might work to buy nosebleed tickets then just move down into one of the better sections which will have plenty of room. Did it for the Collingwood prelim a few years back, can't imagine it being any fuller than that.

Rain and a squishy track will help us and negate Sydney's talls, but I am worried about rain and playing at ANZ because:

1. If we don't get up, we will be toast the next week - remember how we pulled up after the Gold Coast game against Hawthorn? Will we be playing the winner of Port v Richmond? It will not be good to run out of legs against either of those teams, even on our home deck.

2. The potential for injury. I remember watching the Carlton and Sydney semi last year thinking the skating rink surface (on a dry-ish track) was an injury waiting to happen. We have a few best 22 with question marks over their heads already - Johnno, Sandi, etc.

So,not sure if I want to bring my rain drums out just yet.

Also, I hope Stoney and Ross are looking at the clearances and figuring out what the problem is. We killed Port and Hawthorn in the third after we made adjustments, but in both games early we were getting smashed in the stoppages. Thankfully, neither team converted their early opportunities and allowed us to storm home. I don't think we can afford that against Sydney - or anyone we are potentially versing this September.

Just got my tickets. If anybody is interested you can buy up to 5 tickets on the one member barcode. You put in your card number, then select 1 ticket, then you can select extra adults. Bargain !!!

Yep Block 105 seems to be our Category 1 area. I've got 2 seats in there as well. Only thing is it is on the East side so looking West into the setting sun might be like sitting on the Roberts Road side at Subi! (that's of course presuming its not raining which is a long shot!)

Cant wait

Yep Block 105 seems to be our Category 1 area. I've got 2 seats in there as well. Only thing is it is on the East side so looking West into the setting sun might be like sitting on the Roberts Road side at Subi! (that's of course presuming its not raining which is a long shot!)

Cant wait

Nah sun is not an issue at ANZ like at Subi. And when there is sun the overhanging roof seems to block it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A well researched article, and surprising has us winning a close one. Definitely worth a read.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/finals-preview-sydney-v-fremantle-20140831-10aqgk.html

Selection table

Sydney is set to bolster its line-up with A-graders Lance Franklin (knee) and Josh Kennedy (hamstring), in-form Ben McGlynn (calf) and ruckman Mike Pyke (ill). The Swans are pessimistic that one of their sidelined players, believed to be underrated midfielder Craig Bird (knee), will recover in time for the match. Fremantle will be stoked to recall Nat Fyfe after the completion of his two-match suspension, while creative defender Michael Johnson is expected to overcome back stiff ness to hold his place. With the Swans boasting an array of tall targets, and Luke McPharlin expected to be out of contention due to a lingering calf injury, little-used Alex Silvagni is a good chance of earning a recall.

Rain and a squishy track will help us and negate Sydney's talls, but I am worried about rain and playing at ANZ because:

1. If we don't get up, we will be toast the next week - remember how we pulled up after the Gold Coast game against Hawthorn? Will we be playing the winner of Port v Richmond? It will not be good to run out of legs against either of those teams, even on our home deck.

2. The potential for injury. I remember watching the Carlton and Sydney semi last year thinking the skating rink surface (on a dry-ish track) was an injury waiting to happen. We have a few best 22 with question marks over their heads already - Johnno, Sandi, etc.

So,not sure if I want to bring my rain drums out just yet.
Are you aiming for Simmofreo's spot as a cassandra?

What are people's opinions on playing man on man over the field vs playing the loose man in defense?

The Swan's midfield is very strong and I am not sure we can afford to let them have an extra man in the midfield.

Against port we let Polec run free and with Swans having so many good options in their forward line I don't think you can let them dominate the midfield.

A well researched article, and surprising has us winning a close one. Definitely worth a read.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/finals-preview-sydney-v-fremantle-20140831-10aqgk.html

No surprise it's well-researched - Jesse Hogan was (and likely still is) a Freo fan. (See
BananaOnTheRun 's previous avatar.)

Are you aiming for Simmofreo's spot as a cassandra?

Managing expectation is my way of coping - it always feel so much better when the boys prove me wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back