Media Qox Sports Media Presents: The Virgin Cup Season 19

Remove this Banner Ad

Was that the rules last season?

I'm not sure, but I'll interpret your response as a rhetorical 'no'. I'm not saying we should strip him of the award, Im just saying that moving forward there should be an asterisk next to his name so that future generations of Qooty players know that it was awarded under a different set of rules.

I bring this up only for the embiggenment of the Qooty Qommunity as a whole.

I can count 433 syringes in that first photo!
There are just lots and lots of insulin dependant diabetics in Frankston...

Season 19 - Round 1

After a controversial off-season, what's the best way to kick off a new season? Winning your opening game and unearthing a gun rookie is probably as good as it gets.

A Bit High would be grinning like a Cheshire Cat at the minute - the Wolves not only knocked off the Swamprats away from home but it's the performance of Willo_ that puts the cherry on top.

Not only did he play an exceptional game, racking up 24 possessions, he was also an outstanding performer in the Match Thread, posting strongly.

Starting out on the half forward flank, Willo_ was soon shifted on to SFA stalwart spookism where the two had a ding dong battle throughout the game:

Highlights
1 : 0 {C} - Hatchy1992 knocks the ball down.
1 : .1 {C} - Willo_ with the ball now.
1 : .16 {lW} - Fires out the handpass to TN25.
1 : .2 {C} - That came off the outside of the boot.
1 : .26 {C} - Willo_!!! spookism is going to be feeling that one for a while.
2 : 7.22 {C} - What a tackle by Willo_.
2 : 7.26 {C} - Willo_ threads his way through traffic.
2 : 7.3 {C} - Willo_ sells the dummy and helps himself to a bounce.
2 : 7.37 {CHF} - Willo_'s taken another bounce.
2 : 7.41 {rHFF} - Fizzler receives his handpass.
2 : 16.18 {C} - He kicks across the ground towards Willo_.
2 : 16.24 {C} - Willo_ brushes spookism aside and takes the mark.
2 : 16.28 {C} - Willo_ slowing down the play.
3 : 20.48 {C} - Searching pass in the direction of Willo_.
3 : 20.52 {C} - Willo_ runs back with the flight of the ball and takes it!.

In such a close match, the rookie more than held his own against the experienced Swamprat and Willo_ finished with 11 kicks, 13 handpasses, 6 marks and three tackles. He also finished the Match Thread with an impressive 59 posts to further highlight what a find he has been. If he can keep these performances up for the season, the Wolves will be ecstatic.

Congratulations to Willo_ on being the first Cherry Popper for this seasons Virgin Cup.

kanyeasshat.jpg

Yo, Willo_ , I'm really happy for you, I'ma let you finish, but hen da man had one of the best debuts of all time! One of the best debuts of all time!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done Willo_ and the good news is that the round one nomination has a 100% record in taking out this extremely prestigious award. :thumbsu:

It was your own cherry that was popped. How did it feel?
I think it went quite well, i had a bit of a limp for 48 hours but all seems good now!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back