Media Qox Sports Media Presents: The Virgin Cup

Hence why BigJoeD hasn't been nominated. Obviously to have your cherry popped, you need to have been bent over in a game - as telsor was there.

I've seen Joe givin' but I ain't never seen him receiven'.

I guess you're going to have to throw a game Joe if you want this one...

The only thing we'll be throwing is a victory party when we go 5-1 on Sunday :thumbsu:

Sep 17, 2010
Waverley Park
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Dragons FFC
telsor belied his rookie status in S18 with a huge 142 post effort against the Gumbies in rd 3. Needless to say, I won't be reading through them.

The furious wingman was touched up by Mr Gor on a day best forgotten by the Furies, though it will remain etched in telsor's memory for a long time.

Telsor started the day by kicking the game's first goal.
1 : 1.24 {rW} - Hurried kick towards telsor.
1 : 1.28 {rW} - telsor sticks out a sticky duke and it sticks.
1 : 1.32 {rW} - telsor pulls up his socks and surveys the field.
1 : 1.36 {rW} - telsor from just outside the fifty ...
1 : 1.4 {rW} - Hard work pays off for telsor. It pays six points.

After the bright start, the ball didn't come near telsor for another half of a quarter. This was followed in quick succession by four disposals in the next four minutes. The Furies finished the quarter four points behind, their form a parallel to telsor's own, stop start.

The second quarter started with telsor giving up a goal to Mr Gor, then setting up captain Wacky Tiger a minute later. Telsor's form was ominous and the sim agreed,
2 : 3.5 {rW} - telsor takes a strong mark. His form is ominous.
though perhaps undecided;
2 : 6.04 {rW} - telsor was like a deer in the headlights. Now he's venison.

Mr Gor began to stamp his experience on the play though, and telsor could only watch helplessly as the Gumbies helped themselves to a 33 point half time lead.

The third quarter was bright for the Furies if not for some wayward kicking, telsor getting one of his own after some very nice play.
3 : 5.1 {lW} - telsor floats over the top of the pack and marks that on his chest.
3 : 5.15 {C} - So This is Anfield ... with a moment to digest his options.
3 : 5.19 {C} - This is Anfield has time to take a bounce.
3 : 5.23 {rW} - He kicks sideways towards telsor.
3 : 5.26 {rW} - Mr Gor and telsor claim the mark. The umpire doesn't believe either of them.
3 : 5.31 {lW} - Mr Gor looking for a lead.
3 : 5.35 {lW} - I don't know what the ump expected him to do - but he's lost the ball.
3 : 5.39 {rW} - Uncertainty on telsor's face as he looks for an option.
3 : 5.43 {C} - Quick hands to This is Anfield.
3 : 5.48 {C} - This is Anfield has time to take a bounce.
3 : 5.52 {C} - Long handpass to the running fumbler.
3 : 5.56 {rW} - A poor handpass but telsor is up to the challenge.
3 : 6 {rW} - Awkward bounce but he regains control.
3 : 6.04 {rHFF} - Mr Gor gives up the chase as telsor bounces again.
3 : 6.08 {rHFF} - telsor backs himself.
3 : 6.12 {rHFF} - Straight through the centre.

After only ten minutes, the margin had been cut down to only eight points, then after a ten minute arm wrestle during which the Gumbies could only score one goal, and the Furies didn't hit the scoreboard, the Gumbies kicked four quick goals, taking a 38 point lead into the final break. 13 disposals for telsor in an amazing third quarter display.

In a final quarter procession for the Gumbies, telsor had a further six disposals and although he was towelled up by Mr Gor, was still in the best three for the Furies.

Congratulations on your nomination telsor.

The second quarter started with telsor giving up a goal to Mr Gor, then setting up captain Wacky Tiger a minute later. Telsor's form was ominous and the sim agreed, though perhaps undecided;
fumbler have you been starting ruorors again???

Mr Gor

Club Legend
Jun 11, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
LA Lakers, Emanuel Augustus
when you play on me, don't forget to bring a towel!

Towelie_2.jpg

How quickly does Frankston Rover jump to the aids of his players...........what a silly.

7 posts by other Warriors says otherwise.

U mad that our rookies are killing it - despite getting zero recognition from the rest of the competition?

Ignoring us doesn't make us go away. :)

7 posts by other Warriors says otherwise.

U mad that our rookies are killing it - despite getting zero recognition from the rest of the competition?

Ignoring us doesn't make us go away. :)

Nominees...
Furies: 2
Worriers: 1

Stop dragging me to the bench!

Dude, I get confused sometimes. Why people let me bring in my glass bong and Alice Cooper record collection into the coaches box still surprises me to be honest.

(walks into the room) Now I see why it's the virgin cup. Come see me lads when you want to meet actual real women rather than reading target catalogues (leaves room).

Dude, I get confused sometimes. Why people let me bring in my glass bong and Alice Cooper record collection into the coaches box still surprises me to be honest.

You can put anything you want in the coaches box, especially as you're the playing coach...

(walks into the room) Now I see why it's the virgin cup. Come see me lads when you want to meet actual real women rather than reading target catalogues (leaves room).

My problem is I've met too many.

You can put anything you want in the coaches box, especially as you're the playing coach...

I'm a playyyaaaaaa oh yeah.

Back