Media Qox Sports Media Presents: The Virgin Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Ant Bear has already claimed 5 'Virgin' Shazza's this season... He will surely claim this award as well.

Also, great work Danoz

A solid match thread with 45 posts, round 4 wasn't [B]brahj[/B]'s best game of the season, but he did enough to be the Round 4 Cherry Popper. A truly outstanding beginning for the Bear rookie unfortunate to have not yet won a game.

Brahj began the first half at half forward, defended by fellow rookie Yellow Feathers. Despite only four first quarter touches, he set up two scoring opportunities, both disappointingly missed by DemonJim and Matera92, and the Bears trailed 31 points at the first break. He also managed to clunk a few good grabs.
1 : 12.17 {rHFF} - Spears a kick towards brahj.
1 : 12.21 {rHFF} - Nice grab by brahj.
1 : 20.31 {rHFF} - He tries to find brahj with a chip pass.
1 : 20.36 {rHFF} - No mark taken as brahj and Yellow Feathers wrestle for position.
1 : 20.4 {rHFF} - Who wants it? brahj does. Great stuff.

Brahj helped the Bears off to a nice start in the second, a goal assist for his pass to Juggalo Balla. Yellow Feathers was seeing yellow birds circling after this hit.
2 : 13.29 {lHBF} - brahj might be in trouble with the tribunal after that tackle on Yellow Feathers. Play on is the call.
Two more score assists topped the quarter, a behind to Juggs and a goal to Matera, was not enough to stop the Bears falling further behind at the main.

Yellow Feathers was well on top in the third, curbing any hint of fight from Brahj, the only highlight being a finger tipper in the sky.
4 : 10.19 {rHFF} - brahj presents.
4 : 10.23 {rHFF} - Absolute hanger by brahj!.

The final quarter junk time saw Brahj assist two more goals for Juggs and Magruder, plus finally a goal for himself as he took on YF and won.
4 : 18.26 {rHFF} - Handpass to space. brahj runs onto it.
4 : 18.3 {rHFF} - Big ... big kick by brahj.
4 : 18.34 {rHFF} - He's kicked a sausage roll.

Unfortunately another loss ensued for the Brahj and the Bears and round 4's Cherry Popper ended with the following stats.
Code:
PLAYER               HO       K       M      HB       T      FF      FA       G       B       D      DT    EXIE
brahj                 0       6       5       9       1       0       0       1       0      15      61      74
Weekly Rank      17/240  98/240  23/240  45/240  76/240 105/240 125/240  49/240  74/240  71/240  67/240  62/240

Congratulations to Brahj for his nomination as Cherry Popper in the Virgin Cup race.

He's close, but there's 4-5 guys in line for the next nomination.

1. BigJoeD
2. invinciBlues
3. Stronzo
4. Aussie Rocker
5. candiehappy
6. El Dubya

Yeah, there's still a few to go... ;)

Lord_Flashheart stole the show for the Warriors in round five, lining up for the Warriors on the wing opposed to I_Dont_Care. Showing flashes of warrior;
1 : .3 {lW} - I_Dont_Care crunched by Lord_Flasheart! I_Dont_Care very slow to get up.
class;
1 : 5.56 {lW} - He kicks across the ground towards I_Dont_Care.
1 : 6 {lW} - Top mark Lord_Flasheart.
dash;
1 : 7.24 {rW} - Lord_Flasheart turns on the afterburners - look at him go.
and calm;
1 : 19.21 {rW} - Lord_Flasheart has possession.
1 : 19.25 {rW} - Lord_Flasheart has time to take a bounce.
all in the first quarter, a star is in the making.
A brilliant start with 8 first quarter possessions, young Lord_Flashheart had the measure of I_Dont_Care early, though that momentum swung as the day progressed.
Code:
Lord_Flashheart  Kicks    Marks    HandballsTackles  Goals    Behinds
Q1               3        2        5        1        -        -
Q2               2        1        5        -        -        -
Q3               2        2        3        1        1        1
Q4               2        2        3        -        -        -
Total            9        7        16       2        1        1
By the final siren, the Warriors had been too strong for the 'Rats.

LF's highlight of the day was a miraculous goal from the wing directly from the centre bounce, early in the third.
3 : 2.57 {C} - No-one can win the tapout.
3 : 3.05 {rW} - Its hard and tough but Lord_Flasheart wins possession.
3 : 3.09 {rW} - Long shot at goal from Lord_Flasheart.
3 : 3.13 {rW} - What a happy fellow is Lord_Flasheart.

Congratulations on your Cherry Popping nomination.

Not expecting a nomination from Full Back. All guts, no glory.

I'll let you borrow some of my groupies if I get up. In fact groupies all round for the Warriors.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lord_Flashheart stole the show for the Warriors in round five, lining up for the Warriors on the wing opposed to I_Dont_Care. Showing flashes of warrior; class; dash; and calm; all in the first quarter, a star is in the making.
A brilliant start with 8 first quarter possessions, young Lord_Flashheart had the measure of I_Dont_Care early, though that momentum swung as the day progressed.
Code:
Lord_Flashheart  Kicks    Marks    HandballsTackles  Goals    Behinds
Q1               3        2        5        1        -        -
Q2               2        1        5        -        -        -
Q3               2        2        3        1        1        1
Q4               2        2        3        -        -        -
Total            9        7        16       2        1        1
By the final siren, the Warriors had been too strong for the 'Rats.

LF's highlight of the day was a miraculous goal from the wing directly from the centre bounce, early in the third.

Congratulations on your Cherry Popping nomination.

What can I say here that hasn't already been said above.

Quite a lot actually,

Thanks to The Coney Island Warriors for taking me in. Thanks to candiehappy for perpetuating the myth that I have the kind of tackle that would normally only be found between the hind legs of a Melbourne cup winner.

Thanks to BigJoeD invinciBlues zackah and any that I have missed for taking most of the load with banter with the opposition, your posting is great, keep it up.

And finally to Frankston Rover for recruiting me and introducing me to qooty in the first place. Here's to the Warriors taking out the season in our very first year.

Yeah I might pass...

Mine just bent over. It looked like a bulldog eating porridge...
stock-photo-man-being-sick-cartoon-96384224.jpg

Yeah I might pass...

Mine just bent over. It looked like a bulldog eating porridge...

Porridge?

I might need to get that checked out, I don't think there is meant to be lumps in it.

What can I say here that hasn't already been said above.

Quite a lot actually,

Thanks to The Coney Island Warriors for taking me in. Thanks to candiehappy for perpetuating the myth that I have the kind of tackle that would normally only be found between the hind legs of a Melbourne cup winner.

Thanks to BigJoeD invinciBlues zackah and any that I have missed for taking most of the load with banter with the opposition, your posting is great, keep it up.

And finally to Frankston Rover for recruiting me and introducing me to qooty in the first place. Here's to the Warriors taking out the season in our very first year.
stock-photo-man-being-sick-cartoon-96384224.jpg

Clearly zackah has was made for the SFA, a posting average of ~25ppg ranks him in the ^^average spammability category. He's backed up his posting form this season with some quality on-field performances as well, leading to him being named the round 6 Cherry Popper.

Lining up on the Hawks Clint Beastwood at rover, Zackah gave his followers immunity cards in kicking the opening goal of the match. Later in the quarter Zackah returned Haduken's assist, gifting a nice goal back in the 15th minute. 3 kicks, 2 handballs and a goal in the first quarter.
1 : 1.52 {rHFF} - A long looping handpass to Zackah.
1 : 1.57 {rHFF} - Now has it got the carry?.
1 : 2.01 {rHFF} - They'll be talking about that goal tonight.

An odd cameo in the ruck opened the second quarter, the only real highlight in an otherwise uninspiring quarter for the rookie, ending with 3 kicks and a handpass.
2 : 1.52 {C} - Zackah is outbodied in the ruck contest.

Zackah played a big part in several crucial third quarter goals, though WaLkEr_ThE_StAr had his own way for much of the third quarter. 6 possies including 4 by hand were recorded.
3 : 9.26 {rFP} - WaLkEr_ThE_StAr on the end of this.
3 : 9.3 {rFP} - Zackah drags WaLkEr_ThE_StAr down beautifully.
3 : 9.34 {lBP} - candiehappy breaks a tackle and is off.
3 : 20.36 {rHFF} - A slick handpass goes to Zackah.
3 : 20.4 {rHFF} - WaLkEr_ThE_StAr sews Zackah up in a fantastic tackle.
3 : 20.44 {lHBF} - Taking the ball is Atley.

A big final quarter helped Zackah to a 22 disposal game, though even with another cameo in the ruck failed to record a hitout. The highlight of his stats was 6 tackles, elite in any SFA record book.

Zackah won his battles with Clint Beastwood and Dagless in what can only be described as a coaches dream of a performance.
In an epic battle, Zackah beat Clint Beastwood today - but not by much. - 76m from 0 to 76.
In an epic battle, Zackah did well against Dagless. - 21m from 78 to 99.

Congratulations Zackah on your nomination for the Virgin Cup.

Clearly zackah has was made for the SFA, a posting average of ~25ppg ranks him in the ^^average spammability category. He's backed up his posting form this season with some quality on-field performances as well, leading to him being named the round 6 Cherry Popper.

Lining up on the Hawks Clint Beastwood at rover, Zackah gave his followers immunity cards in kicking the opening goal of the match. Later in the quarter Zackah returned Haduken's assist, gifting a nice goal back in the 15th minute. 3 kicks, 2 handballs and a goal in the first quarter.

An odd cameo in the ruck opened the second quarter, the only real highlight in an otherwise uninspiring quarter for the rookie, ending with 3 kicks and a handpass.

Zackah played a big part in several crucial third quarter goals, though WaLkEr_ThE_StAr had his own way for much of the third quarter. 6 possies including 4 by hand were recorded.

A big final quarter helped Zackah to a 22 disposal game, though even with another cameo in the ruck failed to record a hitout. The highlight of his stats was 6 tackles, elite in any SFA record book.

Zackah won his battles with Clint Beastwood and Dagless in what can only be described as a coaches dream of a performance.

Congratulations Zackah on your nomination for the Virgin Cup.
I can't think of any response to this prestigious nomination that won't end with me being put onto a government watch list so I'll just go with the below :cool:

487501.gif

I'm going to use this thread for an idea I've had in mind for a while now.

Currently the SFA considers only rookies during the current season for the EKA medal. I believe this unfairly excludes posters who have joined towards the end of the season. My main consideration for this is someone like jenny61_99 who was not around for the majority of last season and so was not given much credence in EKA medal thoughts.

My proposal is that posters who play less than a certain number of games in the prior season also be eligible for the EKA medal in the following season.

Using whiz bang numbers to come up with a number of games, the inferior league allows players who played less than 10 (out of 22) games to be eligible. That's 45.45%. 45.45% of the last SFA season (18 games) is 8 games.

Thus, I propose we allow players who played less than 8 games last season (minor rounds) to be eligible for this season's EKA.

okeydoke7 what are your thoughts?

I'm going to use this thread for an idea I've had in mind for a while now.

Currently the SFA considers only rookies during the current season for the EKA medal. I believe this unfairly excludes posters who have joined towards the end of the season. My main consideration for this is someone like jenny61_99 who was not around for the majority of last season and so was not given much credence in EKA medal thoughts.

My proposal is that posters who play less than a certain number of games in the prior season also be eligible for the EKA medal in the following season.

Using whiz bang numbers to come up with a number of games, the inferior league allows players who played less than 10 (out of 22) games to be eligible. That's 45.45%. 45.45% of the last SFA season (18 games) is 8 games.

Thus, I propose we allow players who played less than 8 games last season (minor rounds) to be eligible for this season's EKA.

okeydoke7 what are your thoughts?
Nahhhhh.

I propose you nominate me already for this award to give this thread some credability.

SFA's highest paid rookie not even getting a mention, what a joke.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back