Media Qox Sports Media Presents: The Virgin Cup

Just get drunk and play your shitty video games and you'll forget all about it in no time.
Wow, I just did neither and I've already forgotten who you are?

Or is it that I never knew in the first place?

Anyway, problem solved!

I spend just one week in reha...on holiday and this thread gets completely derailed by a bunch of shitfighting and irrelevant flogs talking up nobodies who aren't fit to wipe the stripper sweat off my $4000 suit.

Get this s**t back on track and start talking about how ******* great I am campaigners!

I spend just one week in reha...on holiday and this thread gets completely derailed by a bunch of shitfighting and irrelevant flogs talking up nobodies who aren't fit to wipe the stripper sweat off my $4000 suit.

Get this s**t back on track and start talking about how ******* great I am campaigners!

You have a point... Actually, based on your reputation and season statistics, you have several don't you?

I am quite proud of our recruiting this season, it all means I no longer have to bug Okey with my petition to reclassify Igloo as a rookie so I could prove to people that we did recruit a new player at some point between seasons 16 & 18. We have at least three candidates who can finish third in the EKA and no other non-expansion club can say that.

You have a point... Actually, based on your reputation and season statistics, you have several don't you?

Double digits clown.

Sep 17, 2010
Waverley Park
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Dragons FFC
This week's cherry popper in NathanMJ_WB54, a nomination oversight, the folly of which took me far too long to recognise.

Unfortunately he couldn't drag the Royals over the line against the Dragons last night, however he dragged and scrapped all he could to keep his team in the game, 11 tackles a team high. He also had 25 disposals with 17 by hand in a head to head dual with a more experienced chefmeister.
While not all all one-way, NathanMJ_WB54 was slightly more polished than chefmeister. - 99m from 0 to 99.

Q1 Highlights
1 : 15.22 {rHBF} - No-look handpass to NathanMJ_WB54.
1 : 15.26 {rHBF} - NathanMJ_WB54 has a bounce.
1 : 15.28 {lW} - Fitzey and Andonis1997 jostle for position.

Q2 Highlights
2 : .22 {CHF} - Quick hands to NathanMJ_WB54.
2 : .24 {rHFF} - Long handpass to the running VitalDread.
2 : .28 {rHFF} - Quick hands to timtamWB under pressure.
2 : .32 {rHFF} - timtamWB backs himself for a shot on goal.
2 : .36 {rHFF} - All clear from the umpire. Its a goal.

2 : 24 {rW} - Who wants it? NathanMJ_WB54 does. Great stuff.
2 : 24.04 {rW} - NathanMJ_WB54 burns off TheMase and takes a bounce.
2 : 24.08 {C} - Passes to Son of God by hand.

Q3 Highlights
3 : 4.41 {lW} - TheMase streaming down the ground.
3 : 4.46 {lW} - NathanMJ_WB54 sews him up!.

3 : 10.25 {rHBF} - Passes to NathanMJ_WB54 by hand.
3 : 10.3 {rHBF} - NathanMJ_WB54 dummy's the handpass and then takes a bounce.
3 : 10.34 {CHB} - Finds Marlowe with a handball.

Q4 Highlights
4 : 22.18 {rBP} - Handpass to space. NathanMJ_WB54 runs onto it.
4 : 22.22 {rBP} - NathanMJ_WB54 burns off TheMase and takes a bounce.
4 : 22.27 {FB} - Sees Easty out of the corner of his eye.

Congratulations on your nomination Nathan, and good luck for the rest of the season.

This Is Anfield

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Podcaster
Feb 25, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, England, Furies
But, but, but NathanMJ_WB54 isn't a Warrior!!:eek:

TheHoneyBadger

"I lost my phone"
10k Posts Western Bulldogs - Cordy, Honeychurch, Prudden, Dale Player Sponsor 2015
Sep 17, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
But, but, but NathanMJ_WB54 isn't a Warrior!!:eek:
I know this is upsetting, and that it's not what you expect, but this is a good thing.

zackah might show up to my place in the middle of the night with a sack full of doorknobs, and I keep getting illegible letters penned in orange ink in the mail, but I can deal with that.
We keep losing, our rookies keep getting better. All right, all right, all right.
Strong deja vu. I've certainly picked the right club.

Our club ethos is basically "the player always comes before the team". That's why we're a swell bunch of guys and such a putrid team.

TheHoneyBadger

"I lost my phone"
10k Posts Western Bulldogs - Cordy, Honeychurch, Prudden, Dale Player Sponsor 2015
Sep 17, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
We've seriously gotten to you haven't we TIA?
One of our easier scalps this season.

Congrats NathanMJ_WB54, IMO the midseason EKA favourite :thumbsu:
Much appreciated, but I've got strong competition in half the Warriors team (well, if you ask zackah/Frankston Rover), and TIA himself could benefit from a mountain of work even to the halfway mark.

Also, in the event that I do win it, timtamWB will beat me up and take it anyway.

zackah might show up to my place in the middle of the night with a sack full of doorknobs, and I keep getting illegible letters penned in orange ink in the mail, but I can deal with that.

Strong deja vu. I've certainly picked the right club.
s**t need a new strategy.

Sep 17, 2010
Waverley Park
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Dragons FFC
The round 12 cherry popper nomination goes to BlueMaster1 of the Dragons. The youngster has been knocking down the Virgin Cup walls with several good performances in the midfield, and a solid half forward spot has finally got him the gig.

Lining up on ryan_seb, BM1 started the game well, with a score assist to B Tron and a goal involvement with HARPSichord. Four possessions and two quality marks capped his quarter.
1 : 4.15 {rHFF} - A measured kick to BlueMaster1.
1 : 4.19 {rHFF} - Oooohhhh you beauty! What a mark to BlueMaster1.
1 : 4.25 {rHFF} - BlueMaster1 sizes the options in front of him.

BM1 kicked a goal in the second, and was very close to a second, with his opponent just getting fingers to the ball.
2 : 7.55 {rHFF} - Now BlueMaster1 has the ball. What can he do with it?.
2 : 8.01 {rHFF} - Big ... big kick by BlueMaster1.
2 : 8.06 {rHFF} - Shepherded through for a goal.

2 : 10.11 {rHFF} - Searching pass in the direction of BlueMaster1.
2 : 10.15 {rHFF} - BlueMaster1 sticks out a sticky duke and it sticks.
2 : 10.22 {rHFF} - With the ball is BlueMaster1.
2 : 10.25 {rHFF} - He takes the opportunity to bounce.
2 : 10.3 {rFP} - BlueMaster1's taken another bounce.
2 : 10.36 {rFP} - Not a lot of daylight for BlueMaster1 to aim at.
2 : 10.4 {rFP} - Tapped through for a behind by ryan_seb.

Just one possession in the third quarter, BM1 came home with a wet sail, a huge 8 possession, was involved in four scores and generally put the Hawks to the sword in his quarter cameo when the game was up for grabs.
4 : 4.44 {lHBF} - Handballs over the top to Pie in the Sky.
4 : 4.48 {lHBF} - BlueMaster1 takes down Pie in the Sky and neither player is moving. Tough play.

4 : 11.46 {lHBF} - Horrific choice of kick and BlueMaster1 will mark unopposed.
4 : 11.51 {rHFF} - BlueMaster1 wants to get on with proceedings.
4 : 11.56 {rFP} - Quick hands to Danoz under pressure.
4 : 12.01 {rFP} - A gimme goal coming up if Danoz keeps his cool.
4 : 12.07 {rFP} - And that just grazes the post.

Congratulations BlueMaster1 on your nomination for the Virgin Cup.

Sep 17, 2010
Waverley Park
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Dragons FFC
Round 13's cherry popper is the one and only thetradesman. A controversial poster due to his "in your face" style, he has nonetheless performed admirably for the Warriors in their debut season. While TTM was listed for the Furies last season, he didn't play a game, and as such I have included him in the mix for the Virgin Cup. Another feather in skipper Frankston Rover's much debated cap.

Round 13 saw an unusual loss for the Warriors, unfortunately failing to get over the line against the Royals. TTM's opponent Easty was one of the best for the opponents. TTM had a standout first quarter gathering 10 possessions as he attempted to help his team early on.
1 : 2.34 {lW} - thetradesman sucks it up like a dustbuster and he's off and running.

1 : 9.18 {rW} - Terrible kick falls into the hands of thetradesman.
1 : 9.22 {lW} - thetradesman tucks the ball under his arm and scoots away.
1 : 9.28 {CHF} - He gets onto his right side and kicks to alex_is_on_fire.

The second quarter saw TTM kick a quality goal from well outside 50.
2 : 6.41 {lW} - thetradesman turns on the afterburners - look at him go.
2 : 6.47 {lW} - Open goal!.
2 : 6.51 {lW} - Hard work pays off for thetradesman. It pays six points.

2 : 12.04 {lW} - His kick is towards thetradesman.
2 : 12.1 {lW} - thetradesman holds off Easty with one hand and takes the mark with the other.
2 : 12.15 {lW} - Uncertainty on thetradesman's face as he looks for an option.

2 : 19.07 {lW} - Searching pass in the direction of thetradesman.
2 : 19.13 {lW} - A very good mark to thetradesman.
2 : 19.17 {lW} - thetradesman sizes the options in front of him.

Unfortunately TTM didn't have many highlights in the final stanza, only collecting 5 possessions for the entire half.
4 : 6.33 {rW} - Nobody's checking Easty.
4 : 6.37 {rW} - But here comes thetradesman.
4 : 6.43 {lW} - thetradesman signals for his teammates to present.
4 : 6.47 {lW} - Gives the ball to BigJoeD.

But we still congratulate him on this weeks nomination for the Virgin Cup. Well done kid.

Back