motr

Club Legend
Oct 1, 2003
Sydney
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool
4-5 is a good result when you add our BS loading which brings it to 8-9.

Interesting post by Lockyer24.

How about we quantify our BS loading. All that is required is a link from the club quantifying the clubs initial report and a comparison to the actual time it takes for the player to take the field.

I'll keep a running total of the extra time it takes for the player concerned to get back on the paddock.

Anyone got a link from the club on Brown.

Interesting post by Lockyer24.

How about we quantify our BS loading. All that is required is a link from the club quantifying the clubs initial report and a comparison to the actual time it takes for the player to take the field.

I'll keep a running total of the extra time it takes for the player concerned to get back on the paddock.

Anyone got a link from the club on Brown.

So if the club says 12 weeks for an ACL and it is actually 20 weeks we should add +8 weeks to all other injury reports?

See ya in round 12 Sinclair :drunk:

Well, Oxley was assessed as 4-6 on Feb 3, so currently 8 weeks ago as of today.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...ith-ankle-injury/story-fni5f6hd-1226816787332
His latest assesment was....

2-3 weeks, making a total of 10 weeks and a BS loading of 4-6 or 100%

On 13 February, both Freeman and Broomhead were assesed as 3-4 weeks

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2014-02-13/young-pair-to-miss-a-month

Curently both have been out for 6.5 weeks from that date, with Broom listed as 2 weeks and Freeman as 3, so that makes 8.5 for for Broom and 9.5 for Morgan, making for a BS loading of 4.5-5.5 and 5.5-6.5 respectively. Call it an average ~150% BS loading there.

Reid, was assessed as no lost time by Bucks after the Gold Coast game, which was on March 2. Currently 4 weeks later, they are still saying a couple weeks minimum, so about 6 weeks longer and a BS loading of infinity percent.

So, thus far data would suggest the BS loading is a constant not scalable, and around 4-6 weeks is pretty consistent.

So, Eade says the prognosis for Brown is as good as it could be hoped for, which by the way is exactly what he said about Oxley, and he is saying 4-5, so I predict actually 10-11 a la Oxley.

Eade said Sinclair has a minor strain, is worst case 3, though they are confident it's 2, so I predict more like 7-9 weeks based on previous BS form.

According to Eade, Pendlebury is fine, with words similar to those used for Reid, so I'm banking on him being ok, or being out for the season and possibly requiring a leg transplant.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/vid...athan-brown-ben-sinclair-and-scott-pendlebury

I understand the need for both supporter transparency and to also ensure that the opposition has to factor these players into their match day scenarios to make more work for the opposition coaches. BUT we are cursed with injuries. Soft tissue injuries as of late (Reid, white, sinclair, freeman, swan??) which could be related to training loads. Too early to tell but given our history of injury since 2011 we could be overloading players. Let's pay big money next year to lure the Port Adelaide fitness guru over.

This is only relevent if we look at the same for all other clubs and have a comparison.

Because all clubs would do this - report an underestimate initially for PR reasons, while what the medicos/physios say to the club/player behind closed doors may be something different. It is the same as in finals time, when you keep all injuries under wraps until the latest possible time, and niggles that players carry are usually not reported until after the GF.

man i hate collingwoods injury reports, its less annoying copping the initial report than seeing players 'weeks remaining' never go down! Get it throguh your head collingwood!

LOL. Who gives a $&@* really?

If we say a player will play in 3 weeks and he plays in 5 weeks compared to getting the recovery spot on and saying 5 weeks initially, the player plays after 5 weeks, what's the difference outside of some guys feeling like a jilted lover who's been lied too?:mad:

C'mon, more important things to discuss surely?:drunk:

LOL. Who gives a $&@* really?

If we say a player will play in 3 weeks and he plays in 5 weeks compared to getting the recovery spot on and saying 5 weeks initially, the player plays after 5 weeks, what's the difference outside of some guys feeling like a jilted lover who's been lied too?:mad:

C'mon, more important things to discuss surely?:drunk:

We all need distractions.

lmao

Injuries are funny things in that they all heal at different rates.

Superficially it seems like we are consistently under reporting the length of time.

Seems like the coaching staff are reporting their best case scenario but the fitness staff are working to a more realistic agenda.

Happy with this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm looking forward to a scenario where instead of making an opponent gameplan for a player who doesn't come up, and ultimately spends another month on the sidelines, we allow an opponent to think that a key player is out for a fortnight and then "BAM!" they're named to play and rack up 3 votes.

It's nice to dream, anyway. BS doesn't have to be unidirectional.

Did anyone catch the strength guys interview on 'The Club'?

He basically said that Buckley does not want the players to be in the 'maintenance' phase during the season, rather constant increase or enhancement. This is a change from previous years according to him & is what Buckely wants.

I'm not an expert in strength & conditioning but on the surface it seems that if you are constantly striving for extra strength & pushing the load higher each week, there are bound be some issues with injures.

It will be interesting to see if the club is able to find the balance between getting the players super fit and strong & not having too many soft tissues injuries.

Unfortunately this is a very true thread. Its really starting to annoy me. I know it doesn't affect the team cause they know but as fans and supporters we are constantly getting lied to. The club knows the true affect of an injury along time before they announce. We here rumours well before an official comes out with the "he should be right/He's touch an go" lines only for the player to still be out. What does the club gain by this crap? If we know on bigfooty of an injury surely the opposition spies know to. I like many am a huge fans of Bucks the person but even he is stretching the truth for really no gain.

Unfortunately this is a very true thread. Its really starting to annoy me. I know it doesn't affect the team cause they know but as fans and supporters we are constantly getting lied to. The club knows the true affect of an injury along time before they announce. We here rumours well before an official comes out with the "he should be right/He's touch an go" lines only for the player to still be out. What does the club gain by this crap? If we know on bigfooty of an injury surely the opposition spies know to. I like many am a huge fans of Bucks the person but even he is stretching the truth for really no gain.

I believe it's more of a case of Bucks and Eade hoping for the best with limited knowledge, and the fitness staff delivering the best. Makes sense to me.

Actually gives me confidence in the club.

I'd probably rather the club took on a Bill Belichick approach and just gave no injury information whatsoever. He pretty much lists all injured players, and a good deal who are probably absolutely fine, as "questionable" after practice. The equivalent to making all our injured players "test".

I'd probably rather the club took on a Bill Belichick approach and just gave no injury information whatsoever. He pretty much lists all injured players, and a good deal who are probably absolutely fine, as "questionable" after practice. The equivalent to making all our injured players "test".

Why?

Did anyone catch the strength guys interview on 'The Club'?

He basically said that Buckley does not want the players to be in the 'maintenance' phase during the season, rather constant increase or enhancement. This is a change from previous years according to him & is what Buckely wants.

I'm not an expert in strength & conditioning but on the surface it seems that if you are constantly striving for extra strength & pushing the load higher each week, there are bound be some issues with injures.

It will be interesting to see if the club is able to find the balance between getting the players super fit and strong & not having too many soft tissues injuries.

You could easily injure yourself during a maintenance phase with strength training. Bucks is actually very knowledgeable with regards to strength training having co-authored a book on the topic. He in only prescribing what worked for him during his playing days. Using these methods he was able to reduce his playing weight and gain strength at the same time...

Why would that be preferable? On some levels, to reduce the angst.
Why does he do it? To get an advantage over his contemporaries. Bill Belichick is universally regarded as the best coach/GM in the NFL.

You could easily injure yourself during a maintenance phase with strength training. Bucks is actually very knowledgeable with regards to strength training having co-authored a book on the topic. He in only prescribing what worked for him during his playing days. Using these methods he was able to reduce his playing weight and gain strength at the same time...

So to put in simplistic terms lets consider two scenarios.
if you are bench pressing 60kgs and that's your maintenance level. You maintain that strength for the whole season. How can u injure urself 'easily' doing this?

Yet now every week the players are being asked to push to next level. Isn't it likely that your muscles, joints are going to be always working overtime to build & repair the fibres etc?

Why would that be preferable? On some levels, to reduce the angst.
Why does he do it? To get an advantage over his contemporaries. Bill Belichick is universally regarded as the best coach/GM in the NFL.

That makes sense when you don't want to your opposition specifically preparing for the absence of a Quarterback. But with Oxley, we're talking about a recently promoted rookie. Not the same thing.

So to put in simplistic terms lets consider two scenarios.
if you are bench pressing 60kgs and that's your maintenance level. You maintain that strength for the whole season. How can u injure urself 'easily' doing this?

Yet now every week the players are being asked to push to next level. Isn't it likely that your muscles, joints are going to be always working overtime to build & repair the fibres etc?

True, if one is asked to push too hard, too soon, the risk of injury increases. No doubt. On the other hand sustainable gains in strength are quite possible if all is done right e.g. warm up, perfect form, etc.

You can increase strength without over-training, which is when one risks injury. This is something that Bucks advocated in his book.

I'd be surprised if the players are simply asked to push heavier weights all the time. :) It would be a bit more scientific than that. The club would be monitoring recovery and progress rates.

You can easily hurt yourself in a maintenance phase by doing too many sets, using bad form, not warming up, or rolling up for training in an intoxicated state e.g. Swannie. :drunk:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back