Quantifying our BS loading

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, Oxley was assessed as 4-6 on Feb 3, so currently 8 weeks ago as of today.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...ith-ankle-injury/story-fni5f6hd-1226816787332
His latest assesment was....

2-3 weeks, making a total of 10 weeks and a BS loading of 4-6 or 100%

On 13 February, both Freeman and Broomhead were assesed as 3-4 weeks

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2014-02-13/young-pair-to-miss-a-month

Curently both have been out for 6.5 weeks from that date, with Broom listed as 2 weeks and Freeman as 3, so that makes 8.5 for for Broom and 9.5 for Morgan, making for a BS loading of 4.5-5.5 and 5.5-6.5 respectively. Call it an average ~150% BS loading there.

Reid, was assessed as no lost time by Bucks after the Gold Coast game, which was on March 2. Currently 4 weeks later, they are still saying a couple weeks minimum, so about 6 weeks longer and a BS loading of infinity percent.

So, thus far data would suggest the BS loading is a constant not scalable, and around 4-6 weeks is pretty consistent.

So, Eade says the prognosis for Brown is as good as it could be hoped for, which by the way is exactly what he said about Oxley, and he is saying 4-5, so I predict actually 10-11 a la Oxley.

Eade said Sinclair has a minor strain, is worst case 3, though they are confident it's 2, so I predict more like 7-9 weeks based on previous BS form.

According to Eade, Pendlebury is fine, with words similar to those used for Reid, so I'm banking on him being ok, or being out for the season and possibly requiring a leg transplant.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/vid...athan-brown-ben-sinclair-and-scott-pendlebury
This is brilliance!!!

If we take into account the BS loading:
Pendles - 2-3 weeks
Sinclair - 6-7 weeks
Brown - Funeral being held Wednesday.
Brown's funeral is supposed to be held Wednesday but the club hasn't told us that it's going to be put back 2-3 weeks and he may never have a funeral at all!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...ith-ankle-injury/story-fni5f6hd-1226816787332
His latest assesment was....

2-3 weeks, making a total of 10 weeks and a BS loading of 4-6 or 100%

Curently both have been out for 6.5 weeks from that date, with Broom listed as 2 weeks and Freeman as 3, so that makes 8.5 for for Broom and 9.5 for Morgan, making for a BS loading of 4.5-5.5 and 5.5-6.5 respectively. Call it an average ~150% BS loading there.

Reid, was assessed as no lost time by Bucks after the Gold Coast game, which was on March 2. Currently 4 weeks later, they are still saying a couple weeks minimum, so about 6 weeks longer and a BS loading of infinity percent.

So, thus far data would suggest the BS loading is a constant not scalable, and around 4-6 weeks is pretty consistent.

So, Eade says the prognosis for Brown is as good as it could be hoped for, which by the way is exactly what he said about Oxley, and he is saying 4-5, so I predict actually 10-11 a la Oxley.

Eade said Sinclair has a minor strain, is worst case 3, though they are confident it's 2, so I predict more like 7-9 weeks based on previous BS form.

According to Eade, Pendlebury is fine, with words similar to those used for Reid, so I'm banking on him being ok, or being out for the season and possibly requiring a leg transplant.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/vid...athan-brown-ben-sinclair-and-scott-pendlebury

Someone call Stephen Hawking this is the closest man has come to discovering a unified theory.

Brilliantly funny post. This post in it's entirety and the other two initial posts by Lockyer24 and motr are now on the J.Burnett Collingwood Blog for the amusement of all BOAF (Birds Of A Feather).

PS: It just keeps getting funnier:
Apex36 says:
If we take into account the BS loading:
Pendles – 2-3 weeks
Sinclair – 6-7 weeks
Brown – Funeral being held Wednesday.
DWi16 says:
Brown’s funeral is supposed to be held Wednesday but the club hasn’t told us that it’s going to be put back 2-3 weeks and he may never have a funeral at all!

Last edited:
LOL. Who gives a $&@* really?

If we say a player will play in 3 weeks and he plays in 5 weeks compared to getting the recovery spot on and saying 5 weeks initially, the player plays after 5 weeks, what's the difference outside of some guys feeling like a jilted lover who's been lied too?:mad:

C'mon, more important things to discuss surely?:drunk:
All injuries should be reported as "season".
Then we will all marvel at the boys miraculous regenerative powers at best an not expect to see them again that season at worst.

Heads need to roll if Nate Brown plays this weekend. The club initially estimated as 5-6 weeks out and after the bye.

I'd prefer Brown miss up until that time, whether he's fit to play or not, so we can appease the masses and have him back, inline with our initial estimation.:rolleyes:

Heads need to roll if Nate Brown plays this weekend. The club initially estimated as 5-6 weeks out and after the bye.

I'd prefer Brown miss up until that time, whether he's fit to play or not, so we can appease the masses and have him back, inline with our initial estimation.:rolleyes:

I agree. The club promised that he would miss far more games. It should be made to stand by that promise. It just ridiculous how they have rewritten the assessments on Brown's injury. I had made an emotional commitment to the fact that he was going to be out for several months. They have no right to go back on their promise! It reeks of a lack of respect for my feelings

I was just thinking. I think there should be something on the membership application that requires the club to be honest with the members. It's ok to bullshit the ordinary supporters and the media but the club should be required to be truthful with the people who support the club financially.

I can't help thinking that things appear to have got worse under Buckley. I dont remember the lies and deceit under the master coach.... certainly nowhere near as much as it is now. There was always a level of honesty and respect that we got from the Master that isnt apparent with this new guy....

I was just thinking. I think there should be something on the membership application that requires the club to be honest with the members. It's ok to bullshit the ordinary supporters and the media but the club should be required to be truthful with the people who support the club financially.

I can't help thinking that things appear to have got worse under Buckley. I dont remember the lies and deceit under the master coach.... certainly nowhere near as much as it is now. There was always a level of honesty and respect that we got from the Master that isnt apparent with this new guy....
Agreed. He also handled the press better than the current (and I use this word loosely) coach! Much more upfront and less ambiguous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed. He also handled the press better than the current (and I use this word loosely) coach! Much more upfront and less ambiguous.

Shocking isn't it. We seem to have gone from a caring honourable man who has the respect and love of his players, and who respected and loved all of us....... to this deceiving arrogant figjam of a person, who snickers in his press conferences as he lies to the fans about how long the players are going to be unavailable. It's about time the current pretender comes clean and tells us the exact minute that Ben Reid will be fit to play.... I think he should be in a position to tell us how many games Nathan Brown will play in the rest of his career...whether he will be affected again by the shoulder injury. I'd like to know just how many games Scharenberg will play in his career. It's no skin off his nose if he tells us. I think we deserve to know.

The BS loading for Broomhead needs to be adjusted. His extended time on the sidelines is due to a new injury. All the great theories stand up to intense scrutiny. I would like this to be one of the great theories...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back