Discussion Question and Answer Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he's talking about the KitsDownUnder template, I vaguely remember you saying to use Save For Web And Devices, which in turn gives you the default .gif format.
It has always been PNG for me.

I've always had a tendancy to use the export menu anyway.

How can you recover illustrator work i have just lost about 3 hours worth of work on a template. Was looking great too.
Depend on the circumstances. Sometimes it recovers for you and when you reopen Ai, it's back to a certain point. It's happened to me in word and ps.

Nope, just went to a blank screen.
that's rough man, been through it in the early days of my template ad going through it again from other reasons now, as harsh as it sounds, you'll now have learnt to save it constantly to ensure you've got everything you've worked hard on.

Good luck re-doing it all, hopefully it's better than ever!

Nope, just went to a blank screen.
Unfortunately, it's a lesson you need to learn for both this, school and later life. SAVE LITERALLY EVERYTHING! Once you've finished adding a design element, save it. If you've finished a new paragraph, save it. It's a hard way to learn, but hopefully you'll know for the future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately, it's a lesson you need to learn for both this, school and later life. SAVE LITERALLY EVERYTHING! Once you've finished adding a design element, save it. If you've finished a new paragraph, save it. It's a hard way to learn, but hopefully you'll know for the future.
I haven't learnt. That's what autosave is on for.

My computer restarted after an update during the middle of an assignment and I was absolutely shitting myself that it was gone. Good ol' MS Word had autosaved it :')

OK, so mero says it's something wrong with my personal settings, and I've still no clue of what's going on.
Here's some screenshots of it, first being the original, second being changing to vibrant green, and third being what Ai changed it too.
Screen Shot 2015-08-01 at 6.24.26 pm.png Screen Shot 2015-08-01 at 6.24.52 pm.png Screen Shot 2015-08-01 at 6.24.56 pm.png
I did the same on the file you sent me Mero and it did the the same thing.
It's happening on all files I make on Ai, so I can't just move it into a new file.

Fizzler has a hole heap he said they were from this website. (BrandZone)
They probably took them off when they out non-accredited people were downloading them.

Click on the Sekem Footy Brochure and download it to your PC.
http://www.sekem.com.au/content/page/afl.html

Open Page 1 in Illustrator.
Collect the vector files for every club.
Save them somewhere as separate files.
Thank Mero for being a legend.

Here's the WAFL jumpers in vector format
http://www.sekem.com.au/useruploads/files/brochure_wafl_2009.pdf

Remove this Banner Ad

Back