Discussion Question and Answer Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

What jumper match ups will there be for following GF's
Freo Eagles
Freo Hawks
Eagles Hawks

The below are just educated guesses based on history and what the AFL would prefer. There's no sentiment in these picks at all. Note that WCE have always worn wings in the GF and unless they can't wear it due to a clash, I believe they'll keep that tradition going.

Freo (home) vs Eagles (away)
Fremantle_Home_zps6a54f9d0.png
WestCoast_CLash_zps758e4a33.png

I really do think that the Eagles could get away with royal wings/white shorts but the above is the most likely scenario.

Eagles (home) vs Freo (away)
WestCoast_Away3_zpsb2819812.png
Fremantle_Clash_zpsc8800d92.png

-------------------------------------

Freo (home) vs Hawks (away)
oiL1gom.png

Hawks (home) vs Freo (away)
FHzMMde.png

Eagles (home) vs Hawks (away)
FHzMMde.png

Hawks (home) vs Eagles (away)
FHzMMde.png

I think this combination would be used regardless of which team is allocated as the 'home' team

The below are just educated guesses based on history and what the AFL would prefer. There's no sentiment in these picks at all. Note that WCE have always worn wings in the GF and unless they can't wear it due to a clash, I believe they'll keep that tradition going.

I really do think that the Eagles could get away with royal wings/white shorts but the above is the most likely scenario.

oiL1gom.png

FHzMMde.png

FHzMMde.png

FHzMMde.png

I think this combination would be used regardless of which team is allocated as the 'home' team
Yes if its Freo (h) Eagles (a) i really hope they use the wings

I'm a fan of their Essendon collar and their training kits.
The Essendon collar is the only good thing they have done since 2007/8 (pre-bib) and I'm not sure about all the silly extra colours they throw in to be "Adidas"
I wouldn't want them anywhere near my club unless they go back to something good.

Like Puma, were fantastic and then decided to put dumb templates in and ruin a good thing.

The Essendon collar is the only good thing they have done since 2007/8 (pre-bib) and I'm not sure about all the silly extra colours they throw in to be "Adidas"
I wouldn't want them anywhere near my club unless they go back to something good.

Like Puma, were fantastic and then decided to put dumb templates in and ruin a good thing.
Well it's quite difficult to screw up a Carlton home guernsey.
If we get a manufacturer who can still raise the CFC, then that will be good enough for me.

Well it's quite difficult to screw up a Carlton home guernsey.
If we get a manufacturer who can still raise the CFC, then that will be good enough for me.
Adidas will find a way.

adidas produce adidas merchandise in club colours.
And that includes the jumpers.
Case in point Hawthorn jumpers and their cut off stripes.
Also Essendon jumpers and their sash which finishes on the front of the jumper.
Any manufacturers who make the design more about them than the team are a blight on the game.
adidas and Puma are the first two to come to mind.

adidas produce adidas merchandise in club colours.
And that includes the jumpers.
Case in point Hawthorn jumpers and their cut off stripes.
Also Essendon jumpers and their sash which finishes on the front of the jumper.
Any manufacturers who make the design more about them than the team are a blight on the game.
adidas and Puma are the first two to come to mind.
Nike could be added to that.
Full of side panels and shoulder panels.
They can get away with it at Carlton but on someone like Collingwood would be a shambles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

oiL1gom.png

FHzMMde.png

FHzMMde.png

FHzMMde.png

We have not worn white shorts in a GF since 1978 (13 GFs ago).

With the Power Rangers a very real possibility to be worn v WCE, I have a question.
Q. When was the last time Hawthorn wore anything other than our gold jumper with brown shorts in a final?

I think the last GF we wore white shorts was 1978 (12 since have been brown).

Just answered my own question - 2010 EF v Freo. Think that is the only time we have worn white shorts since the 1970s.

Hi Joel. To get vectors, you need an account. To have an account you need a company. You put in your email address and a company. I chose Fake Boys so don't use that. It's pretty self explanatory once your on the site from there.

Was it fairly easy to get past the company section? Like can you just put anything in there and you don't get stopped?

Was it fairly easy to get past the company section? Like can you just put anything in there and you don't get stopped?
You probably wouldn't have much of an issue. If they let "Fake Boys" in, they'll let in anything.

does anyone know where to download the vectors for the original VFL team logos??
The originals were made in 1976.
Adobe Illustrator was first released in 1987.
By 1987 virtually all the original logos had been replaced.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back