Discussion Question and Answer Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi guernsey and jumper afficionados - I am hoping for some clarification. I recently bought this absolute gem off eBay (long sleeve to the left). It doesn't have a collar. Whereas the short sleeve launch jumper (pre-Hard Yakka) did, as well as the 1995 long sleeve with Hard Yakka.

I was wondering given this circumstance, would anyone think this was a PI training guernsey perhaps? The collar wasn't cut off or anything, and as you can see, the other variants had the collar on. I don't recall being able to buy Sekem woolen guernseys in the 90s without a collar hence the inquiry.

Any input would be appreciated! Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    411 KB · Views: 6
How do you guys make realistic shadowing and gradient?
In Photoshop, I created a new layer and used a massive soft brush with black

In illustrator, I used gradients

Hi guernsey and jumper afficionados - I am hoping for some clarification. I recently bought this absolute gem off eBay (long sleeve to the left). It doesn't have a collar. Whereas the short sleeve launch jumper (pre-Hard Yakka) did, as well as the 1995 long sleeve with Hard Yakka.

I was wondering given this circumstance, would anyone think this was a PI training guernsey perhaps? The collar wasn't cut off or anything, and as you can see, the other variants had the collar on. I don't recall being able to buy Sekem woolen guernseys in the 90s without a collar hence the inquiry.

Any input would be appreciated! Thanks

From a look at the photos of the 1995 season on aflphotos.com.au, I can't see any evidence of Freo having a collar on their short sleeved PIs, and going by this official auction page, neither did their long-sleeves.

I'm not sure that actually helps, but it's interesting!

Bit of a weird one but something I noticed on thursday was the number of hawks players who have moved from adidas boots to nike. Langford, Gunston, Ceglar, Anderson, Duryea, Litherland as well as Hill and Puopolo also though they weren't playing. I know a few moved to adidas the year before they signed with us. Is it a coincidence? Has this been a catalyst for apparel changes in the past? Or am I clutching at straws after the crap they dished up this year

Does anyone know where I could buy gold heat press numbers without the white outline? Really keen on getting some for my Hawks away jumper
Depends if you want the official AFL font. You can find regular gold numbers relatively easily at most sports stores.

AFL font ones are harder to come by.

was there ever a logo design for the melbourne hawks (seen what the jumper would have looked like).

Hello Ladies and Gents

Will one of you, be oh so kind and see if you can use your magic to ensure this gif fits within the Bigfooty's technical rules for avatars?

WocpSUS.gif

It says it needs to be 190kb and I think it's around 400kb atm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So how would I do that. I have this:
View attachment 115982
Save the file on your computer, first, and then upload it through your settings.

You just need to make sure the .gif is under 192x192px. And under 200kb (50kb if you don't have a membership). To do this, to do this you are going to have to go to ezgif.com to resize, and 'optimise', he gif.

Save the file on your computer, first, and then upload it through your settings.

You just need to make sure the .gif is under 192x192px. And under 200kb (50kb if you don't have a membership). To do this, to do this you are going to have to go to ezgif.com to resize, and 'optimise', he gif.
I've tried to save it and it says save picture as.

What are the different coloured umpire uniforms in recent times. All I know is green with grey shorts and yellow with black shorts. Pretty sure there was blue and pink, yes?
Blue is used in one off rounds for A charity (I think Beyond Blue but I'm not sure). Pink was generally NRL or Women's Round

Blue is used in one off rounds for A charity (I think Beyond Blue but I'm not sure). Pink was generally NRL or Women's Round
They wore pink in the breast cancer game where they clashed with Melbourne. Check the tipping megathread where I posted to see what I missed.

Question for anyone but I imagine Mero will be most likely to be able to answer

Is there a place online that will make a single custom footy guernsey? Say, if I wanted to get my Birmingham Bears FIRA guernsey made up as a one off.

I know Mero has a link to it as a part of footyjumpers, but obviously i'm not sure who his supplier is or how i'd go about ordering outside of what he has on site

I'm also curious about collars, guernsey cuts, prices etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back