Discussion Question and Answer Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

What would you call this type of effect used in the above photo, where only the colour of the stumps is left and the rest of the image in grayscale?
Desaturation.

But not all of the red in the image is left, because the toyota and KFC logos are also desaturated. I could put up a tutorial if you want?

Desaturation.

But not all of the red in the image is left, because the toyota and KFC logos are also desaturated. I could put up a tutorial if you want?

It is pretty easy to do really, I have done it before with some family wedding photos so that only the wedding party are in colour and the rest is black and white, but a tutorial might be a good idea.

Here is an example of the before and after, I love the effect as it really makes colours stand out as well as the subject of the image rather then them mixing with the background.

Iso%20eg_zpslxfjwzmj.png

Here is an example of the before and after, I love the effect as it really makes colours stand out as well as the subject of the image rather then them mixing with the background.

Iso%20eg_zpslxfjwzmj.png
You look great in turquoise, craegus.

That looks a bit more like an intra-club with the old Team GWS jumper being worn by the other team.

If it were NEAFL then they'd have the NEAFL logo on.
It's more of a Bulldogs jumper. Apparently the team is Tuggeranong Hawks, but I think they were celebrating the 25th anniversary of a premiership and I'm assuming they used to be known as the Bulldogs.

In 2011 when GWS only had the NEAFL team they used the AFL logo on their jumpers. Another example is this game against the Eastlake Demons:
NEAFL-2011-Semi-Final-GWS-Giants-v-Eastlake-Demons-0059.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What does everyone search for when looking for an image to trace for a template. I traced this image here twice:
hawthorn-jumper-628.jpg

and it turned out like the design on it so my facial expression was like this
upload_2015-6-25_9-47-51.png

For the record this is the template....
upload_2015-6-25_9-48-45.png
I don't want a template made for Hayden Ballantyne...
581615-haydo-balla.jpg

So now I am on the hunt to find a decent image to trace and make a really impressive template.

What does everyone search for when looking for an image to trace for a template. I traced this image here twice:
hawthorn-jumper-628.jpg

View attachment 146661

View attachment 146662

So now I am on the hunt to find a decent image to trace and make a really impressive template.
A manufacturers template. I did it for my rugby template.

hawthorn-jumper-628.jpg

View attachment 146661

View attachment 146662
I don't want a template made for Hayden Ballantyne...
581615-haydo-balla.jpg

102692-marc-murphy-jpg.10981

If it had shorts, this would have been good ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back