Preview Question Preparation - 2015 Bigfooty Season preview from Fages

Remove this Banner Ad

Quite hard to come up with any questions for Walsh at the moment (at least I can't think of anything) given he hasn't told us anything and we know the response we'll get to any game plan/player related questions.

Given the AFL in all it's wisdom won't let us watch replays, might be a couple of weeks before we have much to ask related to playing styles.

the AFL agenda has slid significantly towards taking the game away from the little people, what is the AFC doing to bring the Adelaide Crows and AFL to all South Australians be them big, small, fortunate, unfortunate, well, unwell... ?

(ADDED TO OP)

Last edited by a moderator:
Quite hard to come up with any questions for Walsh at the moment (at least I can't think of anything) given he hasn't told us anything and we know the response we'll get to any game plan/player related questions.

Given the AFL in all it's wisdom won't let us watch replays, might be a couple of weeks before we have much to ask related to playing styles.
Agreed. Very shirty for a number of reasons on not being able to see a replay of this weeks game.

I would appreciate some improvements to the range of apparel, eg singlets that shape to a more contemporary cut and a general move to move toward more slim-fitting garments.

I would appreciate some improvements to the range of apparel, eg singlets that shape to a more contemporary cut and a general move to move toward more slim-fitting garments.

Lemme guess, you want more of the webby material used in the singlets too.

*boom tish
92340-Grandpa-Simpson-nope-gif-Bart-4cCn.gif

Proposed Question Topics (unordered)

• Board Member nominations - has the club considered NOT putting ex-players into member nominated positions.
Mods - please assist in keeping this post updated. As new topics are thrown up in the thread, please add to the bullets above. As we transform the topics/concepts into great questions, please add the question to the post above and delete the bullet point here.
Rather than the above:
There were some suggestions that the board members election process could be improved. Some members thought that information about the candidates was released quite late and that there could have been more interaction between the candidates and the members. It was quite difficult to work out who the best person would be from what we saw. Under the circumstances it was no surprise that two ex-players polled the most votes. Are there any plans to improve the process so that members are able to make a more informed decision?

wouldn't it be nice if the connect that the AFC is starting to build here was somehow able to echo into the heart beat of the AFL headquarters...
a mighty fine pre-season by the Adelaide Crows, it feels good, it looks good...
Go Crows...

Have I made this too boring?

Very underwhelmed with the feedback here folks. 147 views and very few contributions. It's a great opportunity to get some really good insights from our CEO and coach. Take it!
I can only speak for myself but I generally don't read sticky threads. They're there for so long with very little being posted in them that I automatically look to the first non sticky thread as soon as I log in. I only now just saw this thread!

As for the questions; there's nothing I can think of that hasn't already been covered, so I'm satisfied. Just let us know when we can vote to prioritise the questions, perhaps not as a sticky thread though.:p

Allefgib

this thread too boring - no way.... this is the most important thread on BF imo, don't take silence as its not working, none of us want to screw up this opened door. its all good i reckon...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rather than the above:
There were some suggestions that the board members election process could be improved. Some members thought that information about the candidates was released quite late and that there could have been more interaction between the candidates and the members. It was quite difficult to work out who the best person would be from what we saw. Under the circumstances it was no surprise that two ex-players polled the most votes. Are there any plans to improve the process so that members are able to make a more informed decision?
Quality. Ive just added this straight as our first 'formatted' question.

I'd love others to help out with wording just like weneverland has. Otherwise it'll be just me at some point next week.

Allefgib

this thread too boring - no way.... this is the most important thread on BF imo, don't take silence as its not working, none of us want to screw up this opened door. its all good i reckon...
Ta mate - I'd really appreciate more contributions. I really want to make the most of this opportunity. Impress with our thoughtfulness and also get back some great insights.

I am really interested to see what they have in mind for interstate members as well. Every year I have commented in the survey at the end of the season about the need for a more inclusive approach. As a long time Victorian Gold member, there seems to have been less each year, The demise of the dinner/auction night here was a shame, I met quite a few Crows supporters through that and enjoyed being able to go to a club function. Being able to easily release our general admission tickets would be great too.

I've just had what I think is a great idea. Considering how bad journos questions are at the press conferences are after a game, you could ask Fages if a representative of Big Footy (vetted and nominated by us) can be present and ask a maximum of 2 questions. This would have great benefits for Big Footy as the member would state their name and that they were from
Big Footy before asking the question and it would raise the profile of Big Footy Through the roof and have the added bonus of making Rucci and the other flogs look incredibly stupid. We might also get some answers to the questions we'd love to ask but people like Rucci are too stupid to ask.

Agree that 3/4 time is a bad time to be doing sponsorship stuff. Half time is the time to do it.
Crowd involvement at 3 quarter time...mexican wave is always a way of pumping up the crowd. Start it with a couple minutes to go in the break so the crowd is roaring when the last quarter begins.
Love to see the supporter horns come back...(still got mine somewhere) maybe to a zone on the hill, if people want to make some noise, maybe the Pride could bring in some drums to add to the atmosphere when it gets quiet.
Just a few ramblings.

Would the wave look like birds taking off if it started on the boundary line and then travelled up the tiers as opposed to travelling around the oval? Could call it a "Wall of Crows" or "Crow Wave".

I think this could be an opportunity to give positive feedback. At times we gripe a lot about the club, but bring able to feedback the positives we see is good too. For example the strong appointments in areas of need, decisive action rather than making up excuses. The united front at the club without leaks and the "you will see though our actions" attitude has certainly attracted attention.

I have a question.

Considering how much we go on about their marketing and how they arent doing the right thing to appeal to the masses and only care about the blue rinse brigade, could they provide us with a breakdown of the demography of members and supporters (two different groups - members should be easy, I'm assuming market research would have been done on the latter). This would help solve a lot of arguments on here hopefully or at least make them a lot more realistic.

Edit: Forgot to mention I did try to find out about this via google but to no avail. That's one reason why I reckon it would be worth finding out, but also perhaps they'd prefer to keep it quiet.

After the AGM last night - especialy some of the financial outcomes - does anyone have more questions to add relevant to what was discussed and presented?

I'm hoping there are a few for Walshy after the review of this weeks game as well ;)
If someone gets me a copy of the financial statements, I will have a few questions.

Trying to get my head around how we made a loss after a previous $2m increase in admin expenses - much of which was a once off with tippett-gate + previous $2m drop in sponsorship it apparently dropped further at Adelaide oval + what was our increase in membership $'s with record crowds.

Something still doesn't add up. I hope it is the Adelaide oval deal that has been fixed.

Even with once-off move to Adelaide oval & Sando payout, we should be making profits with record crowds.

Would the wave look like birds taking off if it started on the boundary line and then travelled up the tiers as opposed to travelling around the oval? Could call it a "Wall of Crows" or "Crow Wave".

What has always captured my imagination is a 'two way' wave that travels in opposite direction around the stadium and connecting/combining at each wing area. This would be a world first and launch AO etc world wide!! The original Crow Wave!:)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back