Preview Question Preparation - 2015 Bigfooty Season preview from Fages

Remove this Banner Ad

A question for Walshy (hope he doesn't mind me calling him Walshy ... He probably does ...)

Ahem, Mr Walsh, Sir, who do you think would become the better player at their peak:
A) a #1 draft pick joining a club with a poor culture; or
B) a #18 draft pick joining a club with a fantastic culture?

Secondly, do you believe a club can create a championship team without a top 10 draft pick?

Questions are probably a bit loaded but would love to here his Phil-osophies on all of this.

(Added to Questions)

Last edited by a moderator:

I've just had what I think is a great idea. Considering how bad journos questions are at the press conferences are after a game, you could ask Fages if a representative of Big Footy (vetted and nominated by us) can be present and ask a maximum of 2 questions. This would have great benefits for Big Footy as the member would state their name and that they were from
Big Footy before asking the question and it would raise the profile of Big Footy Through the roof and have the added bonus of making Rucci and the other flogs look incredibly stupid. We might also get some answers to the questions we'd love to ask but people like Rucci are too stupid to ask.

Mate I think the enquiry is better left to the professionals . Take your point, but generally the journos are best placed to ask engaging and useful questions that will provoke debate.

Guys I commend the effort to engage with the AFC, but query if this is merely amplifying the fishbowl effect that adds to issues with attracting and retaining talent.

Mate I think the enquiry is better left to the professionals . Take your point, but generally the journos are best placed to ask engaging and useful questions that will provoke debate.

Guys I commend the effort to engage with the AFC, but query if this is merely amplifying the fishbowl effect that adds to issues with attracting and retaining talent.
What dis you think of the quality of questions asked to walshy?

some of them were terrible & unprofessional - hardly engaging!

I could easily name a dozen posters on this board who could ask more interesting questions... & you would not be one of them!

Clearly you've never heard a post game press conference. The questions the journalists ask are cringeworthy and embarrassing. Your comment that we're adding to the 'fishbowl' effect is also stupid. I know let's ask about the apparel...oooh ahhhhh great question.....go away.

So you're a Journo?
Can you explain this more?, because I think that's bullshit.:)

I've raised the question of players being nominated for the members position on the board. Perhaps ask it this way:

Do you think a nominee will ever be able to beat a past player in one of these members votes?

Along the same lines as the logo:

1. Andrew, with Richmond's new clash top revealed to be yellow with a black sash, are we able to get some clarification as to what rules the AFL has laid down for clubs when designing their clash guernseys? It has been mentioned that in the future the fans will get more input when it comes to the clash top, but is there a way that we can do away with the white and emphasize our actual colours instead? If against the rules, how can we get past them to put ourselves into a position similar to Richmond in terms of clash tops? I understand that we are committed to the new clash guernsey for this season at least. We need a clash top that players and supporters can get behind, are proud and excited to wear, and which represents the club, it's heritage and it's colours properly. Something traditional looking. It is a disgrace when we walk out on to the MCG for a final in a white top with only a hint of the clubs colours.

(Added To questions)

Question for Andrew Fagan

Poker machines and sit down eatery in the city square. What strategic direction is the club taking regarding this and how far away is the club from making this a reality.

(Added to an existing more generic question)

hmm not many season preview related questions in here. not suprising really. we should tongue in cheek ask them if they would like a season preview. kinda hints at the high depth of interest we have and at the same time lets them know that we know as much as anyone (except internal) about the team (and therefore are interested in other stuff - unless we can get legit stuff others haven't - we'd break some stuff essentially - more Rooch hurt - would love it lol).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Time to come clean.

There's an Andrew Webster who is the chief sports writer for the SMH. Do you think he posts on Rugby forums under the name "Michelangelo Rucci"?

I wonder what he thinks about someone using (stealing?) his identity on BF? Perhaps he could sue for damages?

Careful Rooch. Was much simpler when you just pretended to be a Hawks fan.

Not a question but tell Fages to thank Walsh for playing Lyons as a centreman for us ;)
I reckon we can wrangle a question out of that somehow. Walshy is so intent on keeping his knowledge though - we can't push for insights, just more generic stuff, or we'll get the soders treatment ;)

I reckon we can wrangle a question out of that somehow. Walshy is so intent on keeping his knowledge though - we can't push for insights, just more generic stuff, or we'll get the soders treatment ;)
Haha, cool. It was so frustrating watching us waste his talents as a HFF or on the wing. He's a clearance machine!

it appears to me that the non-paying fan is slowly being suffocated from the AFL landscape, does the AFC support this? and what is it doing to ensure that Australia's national game remains available to all Australians?

(Essence of question captured alraedy)

There's an Andrew Webster who is the chief sports writer for the SMH. Do you think he posts on Rugby forums under the name "Michelangelo Rucci"?

I wonder what he thinks about someone using (stealing?) his identity on BF? Perhaps he could sue for damages?

Careful Rooch. Was much simpler when you just pretended to be a Hawks fan.
This isn't really the place for it (and surprise surprise Rucci manages to hijack another thread and make it about him) but maybe someone should let Andrew Webster know someone is using his name online.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back