Question re: Anzac Day ticketing

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi guys,

I'm a Perth-based Pies supporter so I've never had to deal with the frenzy for tickets to Anzac Day before, but I thought I'd make the trip across for the first time this year.

What would you recommend would be the best way to shore up two tickets to the game? (I'm bringing my sister across as an eighteenth birthday present)

Hi guys,

I'm a Perth-based Pies supporter so I've never had to deal with the frenzy for tickets to Anzac Day before, but I thought I'd make the trip across for the first time this year.

What would you recommend would be the best way to shore up two tickets to the game? (I'm bringing my sister across as an eighteenth birthday present)

Please don't take this the wrong way but the only way to secure a ticket will be to buy a membership. The club might offer some sort of 3 game package. Being the 100th anniversary it will be very difficult.

Just get onto Ticketek once tickets go on sale, usually a month before the game so in about 2 - 3 weeks. Provided you do so within the first few hours of tickets being available you should be right - may get nosebleed seats at worse, but there really isn't a bad seat in the G.

Just check Ticketek's website for the on sale date and don't forget the time difference, it will list AEST so you don't want to be caught out. Best of luck in securing tickets, ANZAC Day is the best game aside from the grand final for atmosphere :thumbsu:

Last edited:

Please don't take this the wrong way but the only way to secure a ticket will be to buy a membership. The club might offer some sort of 3 game package. Being the 100th anniversary it will be very difficult.
Yeah I thought that might be the case. To be honest I was kind of hoping the doping saga might dissuade attendance a little bit.

I might try to get in contact with the club re: best avenue for tickets.

Yeah I thought that might be the case. To be honest I was kind of hoping the doping saga might dissuade attendance a little bit.

I might try to get in contact with the club re: best avenue for tickets.

Hope you and your sister are successful.

The 3 game membership with Anzac Day included really is a disgrace. They hide away these tickets just to sign up a few more members whilst the long term members miss the boat. But I'm sure the dance group and fireworks will make up for it...

The 3 game membership with Anzac Day included really is a disgrace. They hide away these tickets just to sign up a few more members whilst the long term members miss the boat. But I'm sure the dance group and fireworks will make up for it...

I find the elitism of some people who think they're entitled to more than what is advertised because they pay more for their membership is a disgrace... Each to their own.

How do long term members miss the boat?

Those that but legends of captains memberships get in of course.

Those who buy 17 game reserved packages through the club get in.

Season ticket holders (those without away reserved seats in their package) get first shot at tickets before the public does.

So how do long term members miss out again?

Hi guys,

Hey T24,

Our Membership Services Team advises that there are three ways to secure your tickets to ANZAC Day:

1. Guaranteed access – purchase an ANZAC Day 3-game membership at $199(Adult)
LINK: http://membership.collingwoodfc.com.au/packages/view/236/ANZAC-Day-3-Game-Package

2. Guaranteed access – purchase a reserved seat membership that has a reserved seat for Home AND Away – starting from $725 (Adult).
LINK: http://membership.collingwoodfc.com.au/packages/view/221/Season-Ticket-Reserved-Seat-Home-and-Away

3. Get access to the ANZAC Day Pre-sale – purchase a general admission membership that has away access and upgrade your membership via the member pre-sale on March 18.
LINK: Options are listed under 'All home and away games' on the tab on the left of this page: http://membership.collingwoodfc.com.au/packages

If you need any further assistance/ clarification, just let me know, or feel free to PM me your name and best contact number and I'll pass it on to our membership team who will be in touch with you.

Kind regards,

Luke
#gopies

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How do long term members miss the boat?

Those that but legends of captains memberships get in of course.

Those who buy 17 game reserved packages through the club get in.

Season ticket holders (those without away reserved seats in their package) get first shot at tickets before the public does.

So how do long term members miss out again?

Anyone with Reserved Seat Memberships already have there seats

Can anyone help with advice on Anzac Game tickets. 4 of us go over every year for the game and unfortunately this year tickets are harder to get. I'm happy to upgrade memberships or purchase the Anzac Pack but not sure if this will actually guarantee you a seat.

Any advice or options would be appreciated.

Can anyone help with advice on Anzac Game tickets. 4 of us go over every year for the game and unfortunately this year tickets are harder to get. I'm happy to upgrade memberships or purchase the Anzac Pack but not sure if this will actually guarantee you a seat.

Any advice or options would be appreciated.
Purchasing the Anzac pack guarentees you a seat. They are pretty high up but you still get to go. I was planning on going this year but the only seats I could get was right at the very top and not really worth flying down from North QLD for that. I will come down later in the year where I can get some better seats closer to the action.

If you have never experienced an Anzac Day game I strongly recommend doing so. Also I recommend the dawn service in the morning over 20,000 people rock up at the shrine it is a truely amazing experience and you get a real feeling about what the day is about.

Lest We Forget

i logged on at 10am exactly and still couldn't get tickets! spewing!

if anyone wants to flog off 4 tickets let me know :)

Did you manage to get yourself some tickets Tarkyn_24 ? Tickets went on sale to the general public this morning at 10am.
Yeah, managed to snag some off a Hawks supporting mate with an MCC membership. Can't wait to experience it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back