Question to other League Pass subscribers

wicksy

Cancelled
Feb 23, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Clippers, Daniel Ricciardo Racing
Cheers guys, I figured that would be the case. $300+ is pretty damn steep for one person. I have foxtel, but it looks like they don't play even close to all the games.

Foxtel is absolute garbage dude...

This is what i'm doing for the 2015/2016 sport season:

VPN (Private Internet Access) = $8/mth
LP = $170ish/year
International AFL (using VPN) = $100ish/year
Netflix (US using VPN) = $14ish/mth

Total year cost = $534
Total year cost of Foxtel (assuming only essentials, sport and no HD) = $600 with free installation

No brainer?
Plus... with a VPN, you are free to download in peace... Just remember to make sure your VPN is switched on prior to loading up torrents ;)

EDIT: International AFL is actually $25 a month so approx $150-200 (AFL only half of the year).....Still cheaper than Foxtel though.

MJ_Dogs

Club Legend
Oct 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Spurs, Man U, Habs, Patriots, Cubs

LP = $170ish/year

Total year cost = $534
Total year cost of Foxtel (assuming only essentials, sport and no HD) = $600 with free installation

No brainer?
Plus... with a VPN, you are free to download in peace... Just remember to make sure your VPN is switched on prior to loading up torrents ;)

EDIT: International AFL is actually $25 a month so approx $150-200 (AFL only half of the year).....Still cheaper than Foxtel though.
What do you use for VPN wicksy?

Oct 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Orlando Magic

LP = $170ish/year

Total year cost = $534

No brainer?

I've looked into that, but at the moment I'm not about to rely on my current internet connect to get me all those things in HD without buffering etc. We're building right now and our new joint will have nbn so I'll be checking it out then. Thanks though. I can't wait to drop foxtel.

wicksy

Cancelled
Feb 23, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Clippers, Daniel Ricciardo Racing
I've looked into that, but at the moment I'm not about to rely on my current internet connect to get me all those things in HD without buffering etc. We're building right now and our new joint will have nbn so I'll be checking it out then. Thanks though. I can't wait to drop foxtel.

FYI... My connection is roughly 8mb (download max of 1mb-ish).... Stream never buffers using NBA and Netflix... Haven't tried AFL yet.

Golden_6

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Anyone use League Pass with Apple TV?

I have no problems at all logging in on my PC, however when I try to log in with my Apple TV it always comes up with Login/Password errors and I am wondering if it is because my DNS is set to UnblockUS so I can watch US Netflix?

Anyone have similar issues?
Yet to try this so only passing along info after emailing unblockus. Apparently if you're using the vpn on your computer, heading into league pass should automatically direct you towards Mexican prices as that is their default (I believe it is significantly cheaper). You're able to purchase it at the cheaper price using Australian details.

So if you using unblockus on Apple TV there should be no issues using the league pass app. I'm not sure what happens if you wanted to access your Australian league pass account using an Apple TV that has unblockus.

believe the answer is no. only 1 person can be logged in to their account at once

I was looking at splitting league pass wth my brother.

I understood that if I was watching on my xBox he could be logged on, on his phone or laptop at the same time? Just not on the same type of device. Is this wrong?

Also if I buy it through a Candian proxy (about 175 AUD) is there any difference? Are there any downsides to buying it through a proxy?

Last edited:

MJ_Dogs

Club Legend
Oct 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Spurs, Man U, Habs, Patriots, Cubs

I understood that if I was watching on my xBox he could be logged on, on his phone or laptop at the same time? Just not on the same type of device. Is this wrong?

Also if I buy it through a Candian proxy (about 175 AUD) is there any difference? Are there any downsides to buying it through a proxy?
Not 100% sure on the devices but i think its one login no matter what device

Buying through proxy has no impact on watching. Theres really no downside to it.

One device at a time mate.

Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Pretty absurd when you think about it. Netflix, Spotify etc all have account sharing. In the past I have always been happy to buy league pass, but struggling to justify it at 400 this year, particularly if I barely use it like I have in the last two years.

Hoping Ballstreams comes good by next week.

mitchzz

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 4, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
I purchased mine through Moldova this year :D cant believe after all these years they done have a "start from the beginning" button so you dont have to try avoid the score when click on the game

Sitting in the first row for the first time in a long time.

Thanks, Ballstreams.
noah.png

Mar 25, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
I don't have a credit card I just have paypal. The last time I tried paying pretending to be in another country to get a cheaper price it didn't have the Paypal option for some reason. Has anyone on this board successfully used Paypal to pay for a cheaper offer in another country?

offtherails9

Norm Smith Medallist
May 30, 2012
-
AFL Club
Hawthorn
It's telling me
'
*** PLEASE NOTE *** There was an error processing payment using the payment option you supplied. If paying by PayPal, please try again at a later time. If paying by credit card, please check that the billing address you entered matches the address on your credit card account or use a different credit card and try again. If you need further help with your purchase, please contact customer support.'

But all my info is correct, anyone else has this problem?

mitchzz

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 4, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
So we can come into games and watch them from the start now?? Thank god for that

I think you maybe misunderstood what I meant, although I did have a typo

I mean that when a game is going there should be an option to "watch from beginning" instead of having to click on the game and have it automatically go to the live telecast with live scores. Ballstreams has it and it is handy

Bobber

Team Captain
Feb 17, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Anyone able to see condensed version for todays games yet ???
I am only seeing the Home Version and a Spanish version...... pretty annoying

Mar 25, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
You can use a debit card too. Just ask your bank to send you out one and they should do it for free.
Yeah I was hoping there was a way to keep the NBA from knowing my card details since they're in the habit of 're-newing' contracts every year without my consent. It happened to me once with a newspaper subscription hence I try to avoid giving any business my details over the internet if possible.

Back