General Bombers Talk Questions and discussions that don't warrant a thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Off topic....but does anyone know where you can purchase online or in store a 2015 AFL fixture wall poster??
Having no luck finding any

No but if you can find an image of one I know where you can get one printed.

Please pass on the best wishes of myself and all the guys from the BF NFL forum thread where Raskolnikov was a well respected contributor and participant in the AE competition which is run on the board.

Raskolnikov was one of the few to push the eventual winner / rookie quin_stick in week 10 of his phenomenal winning streak of 2013…

RoadToBigDance_zpsc192e3b3.jpg

Raskolnikov had a record of 14-21 in his three seasons in the AE / Next Duel comp. Of his 14 victories, he knocked over future & past TOP SHELF opponents.. In week 12 of his rookie campaign (2011), he defeated Superfreak, who those in the know, are aware Superfreak WON the DOUBLE CROWN this past season after claiming his first AE title in 2012 (ND). Also Raskolnikov has defeated MOO twice. Moo claimed the inaugural ND Championship in 2008 and followed up with the CR title in 2010. Raskolnikov has defeated this years ND finalist, @AxisMiles_03 back in Week 8 of 2012 as well as the 3XKO Champ, shiny_on_top in the season opener of the same season. Dual AE title winner in 2013, matt_897 also unable to defeat Raskolnikov in 8 in 2013.

So it's quite obvious that Raskolnikov was the dour competitor who fought hard and triumphed against the odds. On behalf of the AE, I'd like to follow up on bgt2110 & manureid 's posts that we wish our AE brother a fighting return to good health.. and SOON. Get well Mark!!

http://www.mcg.org.au/News/News/2015/February/MCG_Technology_Upgrade.aspx

MCG to take stadium technology and fan engagement to new levels
Feb 03, 2015

Melbourne Cricket Club (MCC) today unveiled plans to turn Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG) into one of Australia’s most technically advanced and connected stadiums for fans, members and stakeholders.

In conjunction with partners Cockram, IBM and Cisco, the MCC announced that it will progressively deliver a range of technology infrastructure during 2015.

The solution will connect fans and improve the spectator experience, bringing them closer to the action as it happens. It includes:

• A super-fast, secure, high-density WiFi network in and around the stadium, allowing fans to access real-time and interactive content and to engage with other fans.

• A state-of-the-art exterior LED lighting system that will enhance the visual appearance of the MCG and allow teams/clubs to personalise and theme the stadium for their fans.

• A best-of-breed Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) system to deliver digital content to high-definition displays throughout the MCG, displaying information as it happens.

• Best-in-class facilities for media and broadcasters that will enable faster supply of event content to fans around the world.

The works are the next phase in a $45 million investment by the MCC, which has already delivered the two largest, high-definition scoreboards in Australia and the next generation of high-definition television production facilities.

The project will deliver a cutting-edge, high-density WiFi network inside the MCG, allowing fans, members and stakeholders fast access to the internet on any device at the stadium.

The IPTV solution will see installation of 800 high-definition screens. Fans will be able to watch high-definition replays and keep track of the action as it unfolds. Coupled with existing screens, a total of 2800 televisions around the stadium will mean that fans won’t miss a moment.

“I am delighted that the MCG will soon be one of the most connected stadiums in the country,” said MCC CEO Stephen Gough. “This is a significant investment to improve and personalise the MCG customer experience and also operate a more efficient stadium.”

"This will take the fan experience to another level with significant improvements to the MCG's connectivity,” Mr Gough said. “This increased capacity will be great news for the four million people who visit the MCG each year.”

One of the central pillars of the MCG technology improvements surrounds the ability to theme the stadium in the colours of the home team.

Approximately 240 LED lamps will light the entire underside of the upper area of Level 4 seating, enabling the exterior of the stadium to be lit up in team/club colours, allowing AFL and cricket tenants to differentiate their home matches.

“Whether you are a Collingwood, Hawthorn or Melbourne Stars fan, you want to feel like you are at a home game,” Mr Gough said. “We can now add to that true home team feeling at the MCG.”

LED strip lighting will also be installed on the exterior façade to highlight the stadium, including gate entrances. Improved external digital way finding signage will be provided in Yarra Park.

The MCC has assessed a number of the world’s best stadiums to find a solution with the fans’ best interests in mind. Some of these venues include Dallas Stadium, Metlife Stadium, Yankee Stadium, Citifield, AT&T Park, Levi’s Stadium, Emirates Stadium, Staples Centre and Barcelona’s Camp Nou and Wembley Stadium.

“We have witnessed new technologies in action elsewhere and we want to ensure the MCG remains one of the greatest stadiums in the world,” said Mr Gough.

Cockram Construction has been engaged as head contractor of the project.

“We look forward to delivering a critical piece of technology infrastructure for the most iconic sporting stadium in the country”, said Cockram Managing Director, Malcolm Batten.

MCC appointed IBM as head technical contractor to design, evaluate technology options and implement the selected solution to further enable the delivery of fan engagement innovations.

“The technology solution IBM has designed and is implementing will deliver the foundational backbone for MCC to future proof Australia’s premier, world-renowned stadium. This work will enable MCC to take advantage of the latest mobile, social and analytics technologies. It will create unrivalled and personalised in-stadium fan engagement and ensure premier game day experiences, giving fans more reasons to visit more often,” said Catherine Caruana-McManus, Director IBM Smarter Cities Australia.

“IBM’s expertise in delivering world leading innovation and digital solutions for sport and entertainment industries will deliver new commercial possibilities and attract more world-class events to the MCG. IBM is excited to partner with MCC on this transformation journey.”

Cisco Systems director, Jonathon Dixon, said: "The MCG is an iconic global sporting venue, and the MCC is transforming the stadium into one of the most technologically advanced in the world with the help of Cisco Sports & Entertainment solutions.

"We believe that as the Internet of Everything connects more people, processes, data and things, the fan experience will become more immersive, customised and engaging," said Mr Dixon. "We are thrilled to be working with leaders like the MCC and IBM on this project."

MCG%20Transformation_570.jpg

MCG_Lighting_Australia_570.jpg

It's about time the 'G had proper WiFi. I like the idea of being able to open up the app and find stats without having to record them myself in the record.

You can still do that now. If you have a 4G phone, simply turn off the 4G, it'll revert to 3G (less people on 3G) and your phone will work perfectly. :thumbsu:

There was a special promotion for Hungry Jacks, a 2-for-1 Whopper deal. There is no expiry on this promo. I don't eat Hungry Jacks, but I know people who still take advantage of this offer.

Tell Telstra you never got your bill, and they will extend it by 14 days.

Last edited:
Probably unlikely, but I thought I would try here. Was cleaning my room, and found these two unwatched DVD's.

2013 ANZAC DAY GAME. Also includes a bonus disc of the 1999 ANZAC DAY GAME
THE LONG WALK DOCUMENTARY - It also has the 2014 DREAMTIME AT THE G GAME.

Happy to mail these to anyone in Australia for $15 including postage. Send me a private message on here if you're interested!

Okay, these are now free to a good home. DM your address, and I'll ship them out to you at no charge :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another Telstra tip. If you're inpatient and don't want to go through all the steps to getting through to the right department (this normally works for billing only) just press # repeatedly and they will put you straight through.

If you are struggling to get a cab somewhere, say it's a busy Saturday night. Call up saying you want to go to the Airport. Every cab in the area will come flocking to you. Use this Kakkle approved line, has worked every time. ''Oh sorry mate, the guy who wanted to go to the airport just left with another cab 10 seconds, but I do need a cab to get me to Swan Street''

This is approaching the cusp of needing its own thread in The Hangar.

My all time favourite one was when I lived in the USA you could go to a Walmart and the concierge/return desk was INSIDE the the complex, and you did not require a receipt to get store credit. You could literally pick up say, a chainsaw from an aisle, walk it to the desk and go ''Uhh, excuse me mam, I purchased this a few weeks ago and I seem to have purchased the wrong one, am I able to get a refund or even store credit?''. No questions asked, store refund every time. Spend the store credit on Playstation games and chocolate. They finally caught on, and have moved their return desks in a separate building next to Walmart. :D

My all time favourite one was when I lived in the USA you could go to a Walmart and the concierge/return desk was INSIDE the the complex, and you did not require a receipt to get store credit. You could literally pick up say, a chainsaw from an aisle, walk it to the desk and go ''Uhh, excuse me mam, I purchased this a few weeks ago and I seem to have purchased the wrong one, am I able to get a refund or even store credit?''. No questions asked, store refund every time. Spend the store credit on Playstation games and chocolate. They finally caught on, and have moved their return desks in a separate building next to Walmart. :D
I'm guessing there's a whole lot about you I'm not aware of but I must say what I've seen so far has been entertaining to say the least. :D

Another Telstra tip. If you're inpatient and don't want to go through all the steps to getting through to the right department (this normally works for billing only) just press # repeatedly and they will put you straight through.

If you are struggling to get a cab somewhere, say it's a busy Saturday night. Call up saying you want to go to the Airport. Every cab in the area will come flocking to you. Use this Kakkle approved line, has worked every time. ''Oh sorry mate, the guy who wanted to go to the airport just left with another cab 10 seconds, but I do need a cab to get me to Swan Street''
Another tip if you need to call customer service for anything but the wait time is too long. Call up and choose the options to speak to the sales team, they'll answer almost straight away then you tell them you've come through to the wrong area, ask them to speak to customer service and you'll get straight through to someone. Works almost every time, just as long as they don't put you back into the original customer service queue.

Another tip if you need to call customer service for anything but the wait time is too long. Call up and choose the options to speak to the sales team, they'll answer almost straight away then you tell them you've come through to the wrong area, ask them to speak to customer service and you'll get straight through to someone. Works almost every time, just as long as they don't put you back into the original customer service queue.

Yep. This always works.

Oh god I have some so many Telstra life hacks.

Like this post if you want to see a life hack thread.

Not really a life hack I would recommended but worth mentioning anyway,I park around Fitzroy quite a bit. back in August I got a ticket. I took it off the windscreen and placed it in my glovebox. It's a bitch to park around Fitzroy/Carlton sometimes with very little parking. I decided to park in zones that were either short stop only or permit zones, and place the old ticket back on the windscreen. It's now February, I would've committed probably 60 offences in that time? Have not received another ticket since.

Another one is, if you need to for a meter and you're staying there for an extended period of time. Don't pay, there is normally a number on the the machine that you can text, say you put money in the machine, but nothing came out and give them your license plate number. A automated SMS gets sent to you which acts as a ticket, and actually stops a officer putting your license plater number into their device to print a parking ticket.

Last edited:
Think this is too soon or simple to answer for an entire thread,
Was wondering if anyone can give me a bit of information on tickets for the ANZAC clash,
Am going to be flying over so I want to book tickets to the game as soon as possible
Anyone know when they'll go on sale for will need a reserve seat and don't have a membership (at this point)

Also is the Friday a public holiday? Different sources are telling me different things..
Thanks guys!

Think this is too soon or simple to answer for an entire thread,
Was wondering if anyone can give me a bit of information on tickets for the ANZAC clash,
Am going to be flying over so I want to book tickets to the game as soon as possible
Anyone know when they'll go on sale for will need a reserve seat and don't have a membership (at this point)

Also is the Friday a public holiday? Different sources are telling me different things..
Thanks guys!

Can't help with info about the tickets but the Friday is definitely not a public holiday

Remove this Banner Ad

Back