Official Club Stuff Questions/suggestions for RFC_Official 2017/2018 - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

RFC_Official I just watched the new video on the website about the sports science department working with GPS and other technology and wondered if they have been looking at the new electromyography clothing from Athos (http://www.liveathos.com) which measures the workload of the muscles using sensors in compression clothing. Seems like its being tested with positive reviews by some clubs in the NBA and is not a hugely expensive technology (retail price of US$400 per player for a core device and set of clothing)
I haven't tried it yet personally as its not available for shipping to Australia, but the reviews are pretty impressive and could be a differentiator that other clubs aren't doing yet. It was only released to start shipping to the US public in January so it is very new.

Hey RFC_Official, with all the debate swirling around the whole idea of naming the premiership cup the Barassi Cup, it got me thinking about Tom Hafey, and that the club should have something permanent to commemorate him and his legacy at the RFC.

So I had an idea. Hafey was always very big on motivation and convincing you to get the best out of yourself, to push and improve yourself further. So why don't we name the club's Most Improved Player award to the Tom Hafey Medal, or the Tom Hafey Trophy or similar? I think it would be perfectly apt, and a great way to honour Tommy.

Is there any chance you could pass this idea on to someone like Benny Gale, or Peggy O'Neal or someone on the board to review. I think it is something that is worth discussing. :)

RFC_Official I just watched the new video on the website about the sports science department working with GPS and other technology and wondered if they have been looking at the new electromyography clothing from Athos (http://www.liveathos.com) which measures the workload of the muscles using sensors in compression clothing. Seems like its being tested with positive reviews by some clubs in the NBA and is not a hugely expensive technology (retail price of US$400 per player for a core device and set of clothing)
I haven't tried it yet personally as its not available for shipping to Australia, but the reviews are pretty impressive and could be a differentiator that other clubs aren't doing yet. It was only released to start shipping to the US public in January so it is very new.

Very interesting Infamy . Well picked up ! Apart from the sight , do you know if it's been independently tested etc

An idea from footy department, and a great one!
In the past we've been invited to strategy or review meetings during the season, but this is the first one to do with training.

Sounds like a great Fan prize idea......

Bazil Fawlty second only to the great Dennis C. Sorry third to the great Bruce Mac. Maybe fourth to the great B Taylor. God there are so many stars at 7.

I think I'd pay to see some of them see stars......

Very interesting Infamy . Well picked up ! Apart from the sight , do you know if it's been independently tested etc
I haven't seen any full reviews yet, but there are a few articles & videos around from tech journalists who have tried it first hand and some NBA players have invested in the technology during funding rounds. I plan on buying some for myself soon, either when they start shipping to Australia, or perhaps I'll just use a US forwarding service.
One problem is that you need 2 cores if you want to monitor both your upper and lower body at the same time, however given its mostly used for weight lifting to ensure muscle engagement, making sure you aren't dominating one side over the other and ensuring you aren't under/over training then its not too much of a big deal to swap one core between the two.
Either way, the cost is pretty cheap, so I think it is definitely worth the club evaluating. You can pay about the same price for a pair of Skins that don't have any technology in them at all.

I haven't seen any full reviews yet, but there are a few articles & videos around from tech journalists who have tried it first hand and some NBA players have invested in the technology during funding rounds. I plan on buying some for myself soon, either when they start shipping to Australia, or perhaps I'll just use a US forwarding service.
One problem is that you need 2 cores if you want to monitor both your upper and lower body at the same time, however given its mostly used for weight lifting to ensure muscle engagement, making sure you aren't dominating one side over the other and ensuring you aren't under/over training then its not too much of a big deal to swap one core between the two.
Either way, the cost is pretty cheap, so I think it is definitely worth the club evaluating. You can pay about the same price for a pair of Skins that don't have any technology in them at all.

Could you let me know when you have had a chance to use them? I'd be very interested to hear your opinion...

Nice pick up - have passed on to footy and see if anything comes of it.

Hey captain cotch 9 great avatar I was thinking of doing the same. Alas I don't have the tech savy to take it off the club site :oops:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry - waiting for a new batch to come in from BLK. Groupie_ must have been to the Superstore
Are they actually selling the ones without the whisker down there ? I was going to get one but I want to make sure it has the whisker haha

Remove this Banner Ad

Back