'Questions that don't warrant a thread' Thread - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

This time the Dockers might kick straight and smash us!

That's what I've read on the Main Board ...

I've got a sad story for Dockers fans: You still kick woefully (you would've won otherwise) and Ballantine has a shocker...

STILL...

can someone please help settle a debate and give me an intelligent answer on how much ben mcevoy would be (roughly) on playing for us?

Guesswork, but as a 7th year player, #1 ruck...would have to be $300,000 - $400,000 ish??? *

*I would not be surprised if I was about $100,000 too high or too low with this guess

Does anyone else think that our no1 target in the off season should be James Frawley? Gibson is 30, lake 32, Frawley is only 25 and could hold down a key defensive spot for the next 7 years...and would allow Gibson to play the general role in the back line without having to bat above his weight which could give him a few extra years at the top level

Does anyone else think that our no1 target in the off season should be James Frawley? Gibson is 30, lake 32, Frawley is only 25 and could hold down a key defensive spot for the next 7 years...and would allow Gibson to play the general role in the back line without having to bat above his weight which could give him a few extra years at the top level
I agree, but I've heard a lot of posters that I greatly respect sell a pretty good story involving chasing midfielders instead.
#someonepostthewhycantwehavebothMexicangirladd

I think we need a Frawley-type in the next year or so, but I also think we need midfielders. I'd love us to grab Frawley then raid the GWS/GCS list but it's not likely that we'll be able to do both. If we can't then we need midfielders from somewhere. Part of our strength now is that we bat about 12 deep on any given week with midfield rotations. We'll soon lose the cream of that list & need to replace them somehow. Not like for like - that's a 10-yr plan (if ever with Mitch, Hodge & Burgoyne), but role for role.

I agree, but I've heard a lot of posters that I greatly respect sell a pretty good story involving chasing midfielders instead.
#someonepostthewhycantwehavebothMexicangirladd

I think we need a Frawley-type in the next year or so, but I also think we need midfielders. I'd love us to grab Frawley then raid the GWS/GCS list but it's not likely that we'll be able to do both. If we can't then we need midfielders from somewhere. Part of our strength now is that we bat about 12 deep on any given week with midfield rotations. We'll soon lose the cream of that list & need to replace them somehow. Not like for like - that's a 10-yr plan (if ever with Mitch, Hodge & Burgoyne), but role for role.

I think the key with Frawley is that he is a free agent so we would get a gun key back without giving up anything. Previously we have had to trade for players like Frawley which has usually cost us our first round draft pick plus the rest.

Midfielders are def one of the highest priorities however I think we could have both.....pick up Frawley and trade our first rd pick for a midfielder this year....Dylan Shiel would look good in the brown and gold:)

I think the key with Frawley is that he is a free agent so we would get a gun key back without giving up anything. Previously we have had to trade for players like Frawley which has usually cost us our first round draft pick plus the rest.

Midfielders are def one of the highest priorities however I think we could have both.....pick up Frawley and trade our first rd pick for a midfielder this year....Dylan Shiel would look good in the brown and gold:)
Good post - I forgot about the FA* thing.

I guess both are possible then, so long as we have the cash (Buddy money - I know). Would you expect that a senior player get a tap on the shoulder to accommodate the signing?

*Watch the AFL change the rules to make him restricted again, or finally role out the 2xCompensation Picks clause if he leaves. Roos couldn't be seen to fail in a role, AFL wouldn't allow it...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In The_Wookie 's excellent annual report summary, it shows that Hawthorn has by far the highest Junior membership category; 17611 vs the next highest being Richmond at 9643 (Collingwood at 9235). Does anyone know the reason for that?

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/the-2013-afl-annual-report.1051184/
Only a guess but I imagine it would have a lot to do with kids taking a bigger interest when footy is exciting. We've been winning, we've had Buddy and Rioli lighting it up most weeks. We also appear to have one of the best junior focused member benefits. You also have all the kids who jumped on the Hawks back when we were doing really well in the 80's who are now in their 30's and have their own kids now. They would likely be signing them up so they can get along and have those enjoyable footy experiences they had growing up in the 80's.

Success really does breed success.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how the electing of the liberal government in Tassy might influence our Tassy sponsorship deals going forward after this contract is completed..
Have the libs been pro or anti sponsorship of HFC , considering the contracts to date have been under a labor govt. ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does anyone have any thoughts on how the electing of the liberal government in Tassy might influence our Tassy sponsorship deals going forward after this contract is completed..
Have the libs been pro or anti sponsorship of HFC , considering the contracts to date have been under a labor govt. ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
As far as I'm aware the contracts have done great things for Tasmanian tourism. I couldn't see them sabotaging it once it's up for renewal as it only reflects badly on them.

As far as I'm aware the contracts have done great things for Tasmanian tourism. I couldn't see them sabotaging it once it's up for renewal as it only reflects badly on them.

I can tell you that I was in Launceston for the game against the Bulldogs in August, at the time when Scott Wade was quoted saying that the Hawks deal should be ended and AFL games moved to Hobart.
There were many locals telling us what they wanted done to Wade, and most of it is illegal, even in Tassie!

The tourism deal is so important to the North. When we were there, accommodation was booked out and all the pubs, cafés & restaurants were full. Lots of people in Hawthorn gear in all of them.

As my mate and I went through some nice bottles of Tassie Pinot Noir, Boags beer and other local specialties, we were happy to put our cash into the industry!

In The_Wookie 's excellent annual report summary, it shows that Hawthorn has by far the highest Junior membership category; 17611 vs the next highest being Richmond at 9643 (Collingwood at 9235). Does anyone know the reason for that?

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/the-2013-afl-annual-report.1051184/

Buddy and Cyril without a doubt in the world... that and the way we've been building success over the past few years. The beautiful thing is, no one over the age of 8 will be allowed to change teams now that Franklin has pissed off - their schoolmates would give them hell for changing allegiances. :D

Now we need guys like Gunners, Hilly and the Jedi to capture the attention of the next group of padawans...

I can tell you that I was in Launceston for the game against the Bulldogs in August, at the time when Scott Wade was quoted saying that the Hawks deal should be ended and AFL games moved to Hobart.
There were many locals telling us what they wanted done to Wade, and most of it is illegal, even in Tassie!

The tourism deal is so important to the North. When we were there, accommodation was booked out and all the pubs, cafés & restaurants were full. Lots of people in Hawthorn gear in all of them.

As my mate and I went through some nice bottles of Tassie Pinot Noir, Boags beer and other local specialties, we were happy to put our cash into the industry!

LOLed at your 'even in Tassie' comment!

What was Wade's axe to grind in wanting this to happen, given that he is an ex-Hawk?

LOLed at your 'even in Tassie' comment!

What was Wade's axe to grind in wanting this to happen, given that he is an ex-Hawk?

Wade is AFL Tasmania CEO.
His problem is that he is a Hobart man and wants footy in Hobart.

The Launceston people hate him for wanting to take it away from them.

But it will be over his dead body ...
;)

Anyone have trouble watching videos on AFL/Hawthorn website recently?

The last few weeks it's been terrible, it's like dial up. Is it just me?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back