'Questions that don't warrant a thread' Thread - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

General curiosity - how many of our current list actually grew up supporting the Hawks? I've heard that Gibbo did. Just wondering how many others are living the dream and playing for the club they grew up idolising.
From the ones I know
Roughy-North
Buddy (is he still ours?)- Melbourne
Mitch- St Kilda
Hodge- Richmond
Smith- Carlton
Gunston-Essendon
Hill- Was either Freo or WCE. Can't remember

How do Richmond beat us?
Their midfield and then on the spread had us covered. They have made us look slow to move and react. The ol heavy training load excuse wont cut it this time.

I have prepared a small list just in case of worst case scenario.
- Players returning from inury
- The ol you dont win premierships in April
- The weather was against us
- Umpiring possibly?

It has been wet on the last couple of occasions if I recall correctly although I am unsure if this was a deciding factor.
Anyhow enough of this rot. Let's put the Tiger in it's place. In a cage, in the zoo.

Does anybody know of a website which covers the TAC Cup any better than the TAC Cup website, because that thing is useless. It hasn't even got updated squads for 2014 and they are going into round 3...

It's the premier youth competition in the country, surely there is better coverage somewhere...

Don't know if this has been mentioned here yet, but anybody going to the game in Sydney on May 9, you can get $15 tickets, if you enter the code 'thanksafl' in at Ticketek. The normal prices are horrendous ($42 for sitting in the 'opposition fans' section, $31 for GA).

Don't know if this has been mentioned here yet, but anybody going to the game in Sydney on May 9, you can get $15 tickets, if you enter the code 'thanksafl' in at Ticketek. The normal prices are horrendous ($42 for sitting in the 'opposition fans' section, $31 for GA).

I almost think that's worthy of its own thread.

What becomes of the banners once the players run through them. They seem to survive unscathed sometimes. One would need a very large man cave to display one. I have always pondered what becomes of them......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What becomes of the banners once the players run through them. They seem to survive unscathed sometimes. One would need a very large man cave to display one. I have always pondered what becomes of them......

I collect them and display them in my very large man cave. Does anyone have a problem with that?

if Agent Smith doesnt get them they get thrown out the pictures of players for milestones used to get given to those players not sure if they still do spida everitt put his on the roof of one of his rooms i know that

if Agent Smith doesnt get them they get thrown out the pictures of players for milestones used to get given to those players not sure if they still do spida everitt put his on the roof of one of his rooms i know that
Wow what a waste. Thanks for that. Yeah Smithy has been talking it up a bit since THAT goal, god bless him.

Love your Freo tribute........

Why have you seen the ceiling in Spidas house? :oops:

Why have you seen the ceiling in Spidas house? :oops:
no he told us :)

Wow what a waste. Thanks for that. Yeah Smithy has been talking it up a bit since THAT goal, god bless him.

Love your Freo tribute........
yes sadly
some gets souvenired i got a little bit of the 08 gf banner somewhere
but at least ours is crape paper not material with a zip in it etc and we still make them ourselves :) the pictures get re used or used to when i was in the cs they had a guy that painted them looks like they have someone do the photos now for the milestones

Ellis is an anagram of Lisle.......

Does anybody know why potting mix is sold via litres and not weight?

Because different types of potting mix would weigh different amounts and what you are concerned about with something like potting mix is volume not weight (in terms of value for money).

A genuine question... did anyone else here in Hawkland feel a bit sickened by David Hale's treatment of his daughter at the start of the game last weekend? It has bothered me ever since I saw it.. She was so excited when she saw him coming up the race she was bouncing up and down and he just walked up to her unsmilingly and took her and without even saying anything... that was my first surprise... Then he let go of her and left her on the other side of the banner and kept going for 10m without even looking back for her. She was left lost and panicking until Sam Mitchell had top pick her up and bring her to him!! FFS seriously, as a father of a young daughter it made me sick to see him treat her like that.. what?? who does that? There is NO excuse for this.. it was one of the sh@tiest things I've ever seen in the AFL and frankly says everything about David Hale as far as I'm concerned.

If Hale had his time again - I am sure he would do it differently.
Having said that: LOST - no way - she was amongst Hawk players and unhurt.
Mitch being Mitch picked her up and passed her to Hale.

I will keep a very close look at pies players when their kids are on the field to celebrate milestones:eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back