'Questions that don't warrant a thread' Thread - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I was just looking through past trading periods and notice we traded pick 2012 for Shaun Renn, didn't he have 3 acl injuries before we landed him? bloody hell that must be our worst trade. Side note I guess it was destiny that we landed Burgoyne since he went at pick 12.
Burger has been a gun but I reckon he might have lost his mojo.
This has been his quietest year since his first as a Hawk.

Burger has been a gun but I reckon he might have lost his mojo.
This has been his quietest year since his first as a Hawk.
Burgoyne's body doesn't allow him to play at his best for an extended period of time. Hasn't for years. He just floats about, being a link up player and just being classy in his disposal until we really need someone to step up and win us the game.

In our last loss he did everything he could in one bit of play late to win us the game. Won the ball at a stoppage on the wing, burst away sweeping the hands of those Swans who dared try and grab him and delivered a well weighted kick onto Breust's chest 30m from goal on a slight angle. Breust unfortunately couldn't convert.

Have no doubt that he'll continue to pop up when needed to help get us over the line.

Burgoyne's body doesn't allow him to play at his best for an extended period of time. Hasn't for years. He just floats about, being a link up player and just being classy in his disposal until we really need someone to step up and win us the game.

In our last loss he did everything he could in one bit of play late to win us the game. Won the ball at a stoppage on the wing, burst away sweeping the hands of those Swans who dared try and grab him and delivered a well weighted kick onto Breust's chest 30m from goal on a slight angle. Breust unfortunately couldn't convert.

Have no doubt that he'll continue to pop up when needed to help get us over the line.
Might be a good sub in 2016.

Just a question for Hawks fans that makes me curious.

Michael Tuck.

Where does he stand amongst the GOAT arguments?

For instance if we talk about GOAT people bring up Lethal, Carey, Reynolds etc etc. But Tucky seems to never mentioned.

The bloke won 7 flags, 4 (?) as captain, games record holder.... the list goes on.

So where's he rank? Is he in the truly elite A+ category or is he in the next rung down?

Sorry for the randomness, just something I've been pondering.

Michael Tuck.

For instance if we talk about GOAT people bring up Lethal, Carey, Reynolds etc etc. But Tucky seems to never mentioned.

The bloke won 7 flags, 4 (?) as captain, games record holder.... the list goes on.

So where's he rank? Is he in the truly elite A+ category or is he in the next rung down?

He was consistent over a long time, but Lethal was phenomenal over a shorter time. Same boat as KB, great, legend but not near GOAT.

Michael Tuck.

The only reason he never won a B&F is because he played in the same era as Barney....Who is, was & will always be THE GOAT!

Should be a legend, but not in the top 20, likely top 40 of all time....Though easily better than Barry Cable, who is a legend.

Anyone have sum tips on how to get past the Hun's paywalls?
right click on url, copy link address, paste it in a new browser window or tab, delete the 'heraldsun' part and replace with news.

Why no rookie elevations now we have two longterm injuries?
When a rookie is elevated their salary counts against the salary cap. I believe both Shem and Kurt are on a bit more coin than the average rookie, so I doubt they will get elevated unless there is a structural requirement for either to play (more so Kurt than Shem at this stage of their development).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I vaguely remember a game in the late 80's where we played Sydney in Sydney and kicked two goals in the last 30 seconds to grab the lead and beat them. May have even been the year Sydney kicked over 200 pts three weeks in a row. Paul Hudson may have been playing that day. It's a half forgotten memory from a long time ago that I'd like to confirm. Does anyone remember this game, what year and round it was?

Hey guys
going over for the etihad game in round 21

Is section 37 L2 (Second level right at the wing) a great viewing spot, its a bit hefty price wise but if its clearly a good spot to watch the footy compared to other parts of the oval i'll get my tickets there

For more background, the other option will be up one tier at the very front and slightly towards the wing saving $22 a ticket

cheers

Hey guys
going over for the etihad game in round 21

Is section 37 L2 (Second level right at the wing) a great viewing spot, its a bit hefty price wise but if its clearly a good spot to watch the footy compared to other parts of the oval i'll get my tickets there

For more background, the other option will be up one tier at the very front and slightly towards the wing saving $22 a ticket

cheers
Level 2 is prime viewing. Close to the action, but elevated to see everything.

Worth it.

cheers will do, there is no virtual etihad stadium is there?

No, but the thing about Etihad is that the ground is slightly curved up in the middle, so level 2 actually gives a much better viewing than level 1. The regions between the 50m arcs on level 2 are probably the best spots to see all the action, and since the level 2 hangs over quite a bit, you don't really feel like you're further away from the ground compared to, say, the MCG.

I vaguely remember a game in the late 80's where we played Sydney in Sydney and kicked two goals in the last 30 seconds to grab the lead and beat them. May have even been the year Sydney kicked over 200 pts three weeks in a row. Paul Hudson may have been playing that day. It's a half forgotten memory from a long time ago that I'd like to confirm. Does anyone remember this game, what year and round it was?

Nice memory, oneredfrog!

That was 1989, it was literally a minute to go in the last quarter, we were around 9 -10 points down. We kicked 2 goals direct from centre clearances, and the game was over. The Swans were crushed, and the Hawks just ticked the game off the list!

It's a lasting tribute to that 80's team, which was never, ever, beaten.

It's never left my memory.

Anyone like to head down the highway to the Cattery on the w/end?....I've got an abundance of egg-cartons, floggers & even a fog-horn.;)

Even have the paper-mache, run-through finished....Says: 'Boo on principle, Boo to your hearts content'.o_O

I don't know if I could stomach wearing those hoops though

Just wondering if we are the only club that has their blunders/clangers in the 'highlight' packages on the AFL app? Watched the highlights this morning and a few of our goals didn't make the final cut, yet Gunners' shank from 20m out did. Pretty sure this sort of thing has happened before too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back