Questions that remain unanswered

Remove this Banner Ad

Saw something stated in another thread and it made me think about the various bits of information we've been fed through all this, and what still doesn't make sense. Things that nobody has bothered to clear up/follow up at any stage. I'll start off (please add yours and I'll edit the OP).

1. A major part of this whole saga focussed around AOD9604 - an experimental drug that is not approved for human therapeutic use putting it in the S0 category under the WADA code. At first it was banned, then it wasn't banned, it was legal if made by a compounding pharmacist, it had a self-affirmed GRAS in the US (for sprinkling on your wheaties or slapping on your arse), Dank had a letter, Dank didn't have a letter, the letter he had was from WADA and said he needed to check the S0 category, Dank thanked them for saying it wasn't on the banned list and so on and so on. Then we have the whole "the financials are ready for you and David on the AOD project" text from Dank to Hird thing. WADA issues a statement that it is banned and always has been. ASADA say very little. Martin Hardy says ASADA gave out "confused" information regarding its use in Feb 2013. Next thing we know, players are not being charged for its use even though the Captain admitted being injected with what he believes was AOD and all players signing a consent form with it listed on it as a substance they would be given. It's an experimental drug. Not approved for human therapeutic use anywhere in the world. And now according to some reports, ASADA didn't have any evidence of it's purchase or use? o_O I want to know what the hell this was all about!
  2. Why hasn't Dean Robinson and Nathan Bock received SCN's?
  3. Why didn't anyone follow-up about the pharmacist Hird spoke to in New York about the non-detectable steroid cream?
  4. What date was Hird in New York?
  5. What were Essendon players injected with?
  6. What was the Mexican drug?
  7. What really happened to the recording between Justin Cordy (Carlton employee) and Alavi on what Essendon were pumping into their players?
  8. Why do Essendon, Hird and everyone want to move on, without knowing what was injected into the players??

Last edited:

I'm not good at cutting to the critical issues. I get distracted by the personalities.

I have wondered about the affair of the mysterious brown vial, because a poster was referring to it as the green vial yesterday. Is this the same vial and why is it now green?

I'm not good at cutting to the critical issues. I get distracted by the personalities.

I have wondered about the affair of the mysterious brown vial, because a poster was referring to it as the green vial yesterday. Is this the same vial and why is it now green?
I think you need to ask the poster about that... doesn't really apply to this thread. :p

I think the thing we need to add to some of this too is how much of what we read is accurate, I remember Tony Sheahn saying a while back the Mexican supp was never used on an Essendon players.

I accept that as not being fact, as he has been wrong on things before, goes with the territory, but he does have some good sources, I do wonder what info he had to make him say that..

I think the thing we need to add to some of this too is how much of what we read is accurate, I remember Tony Sheahn saying a while back the Mexican supp was never used on an Essendon players.

I accept that as not being fact, as he has been wrong on things before, goes with the territory, but he does have some good sources, I do wonder what info he had to make him say that..
Except... there's a whole heap of info on the Mexican supp, not the least of which was Essendon legal eagles arguing the substance was from New Mexico and then embarrassingly having to retract that because it was, in fact, from Mexico.

I agree with you. Believe it or not, there are people out here who would like to think Essendon are as innocent as they claim. As you say, how much of what we read is accurate? This is why we have been asking for Essendon to tell us these "thruths" that they have been promising. We'd like to hear your club's story, but it's not forthcoming which leads people with no other option but to believe they are more interested in cover ups, rather than clearing their reputations.

Except... there's a whole heap of info on the Mexican supp, not the least of which was Essendon legal eagles arguing the substance was from New Mexico and then embarrassingly having to retract that because it was, in fact, from Mexico.
Well, not really there was someone who said they injected it, it doesn't stop them from lying, if you're making a remark against a claim, i.e. ASADA tells you XXX said they injected XXX at his clinic are you replyingto what you've been told?

I don't think it is entirely a fact yet, personally. I don't rule it out by any means, I do just wonder what info Tony had to make him say that - he generally doesn't just make things up without some kind of info.

I agree with you. Believe it or not, there are people out here who would like to think Essendon are as innocent as they claim. As you say, how much of what we read is accurate? This is why we have been asking for Essendon to tell us these "thruths" that they have been promising. We'd like to hear your club's story, but it's not forthcoming which leads people with no other option but to believe they are more interested in cover ups, rather than clearing their reputations.
I think Hird at least will talk on his side at the end of the season, if he talked now, do you think many would be critical of him for derailing the season again?

As I said above, I don't rule out by any means if it was used, I am just curious that TS would make that comment, what prompted him to say it, he may well have been fed bad information, easy done.

I do think it would be foolish of the club to talk until this was all over though; no use gloating if it ends up going to CAS and players suspended only to look like an idiot; it makes fighting a lot of claims here difficult; you deny one thing, but not another so the one you didn't deny must be true.

Well, not really there was someone who said they injected it, it doesn't stop them from lying, if you're making a remark against a claim, i.e. ASADA tells you XXX said they injected XXX at his clinic are you replyingto what you've been told?

I don't think it is entirely a fact yet, personally. I don't rule it out by any means, I do just wonder what info Tony had to make him say that - he generally doesn't just make things up without some kind of info.
What part of "Essendon lawyers wanted a retraction because they said the substance was actually from New Mexico, but then - nek minnut have to retract their request to retract because the substance was in fact, from Mexico" don't you understand? o_O

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Hird at least will talk on his side at the end of the season, if he talked now, do you think many would be critical of him for derailing the season again?

I always thought there is no better time for the "truth" than the present. I think after 2 years, the football community deserves it, don't you?

What part of "Essendon lawyers wanted a retraction because they said the substance was actually from New Mexico, but then - nek minnut have to retract their request to retract because the substance was in fact, from Mexico" don't you understand? o_O
I think you're missing the point, just as much we're getting to the AOD9604 thing, despite that ASADA could not be certain it was 9604, you are replying a lot on what you're being told, at times with people with their own interests.

As I said, what made Tony make the claim, he may be fed bad information, but he doesn't typically say something without reason.

I always thought there is no better time for the "truth" than the present. I think after 2 years, the football community deserves it, don't you?
Well yes and no; I think it is foolish to talk while their is still appeals openly, at least at length.

He's been critisised, perhaps fairly in some ways, not in others, for being self centered all about him; I think many would say the same thing if he talked now.

I accept your views are different, I think it's a case though damned if you do, damned if you don't.

7. Why did ex-Essendon medico (and Sheedy’s right hand man) John Quinn want to drive from Canberra to Melbourne on Christmas Day 2013, to Dr Bruce Reid’s house? Maybe to pick up the Medical records perhaps?
Seems very odd. Also note that this bloke ‘fell sick’ the night before he was due to front the AFL Commission on the Essendon Supplements Saga.
Ref: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/john-quinn-one-of-footballs-greatest-comeback-stories-20150417-1mmv81.html

8. Essendon had 2 Doctors employed in 2012, Dr Bruce Reid and Dr Brendan de Morton. Why has the investigation focused on Dr Reid and not on Dr de Morton?

Why don't EFC issue subpoenas to find out what the players were given?

I think is a huge unanswered question.

Why do Essendon, Hird and everyone want to move on, without knowing what was injected into the players??

I can't think of enough adjectives to describe my bemusement at this.

What happened the fraud that Alavi and Willcourt accused Dank of?

What really stopped Alavi from testifying? We've heard a lame reason for Charter - but nothing about why Alavi didn't want to front up?

What was behind the AFL Tribunal's decision to not accept 'belief as fact' in the hearing?

Which doctor's name is on the sripts that Alavi used to compound the drugs? And what drug did he prescribe on these scripts? And who did he/she say the patient was?

I could go on, and on, and on.......and probably will....

I accept your views are different, I think it's a case though damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Which is a good case for the club to tell their side of the story, I would have thought. The speculation about Essendon from opposition supporters is never going to taper, let alone cease until this is done. Rightly or wrongly, in my eyes if someone makes no effort to prove their innocence, there has to be one, and only one, reason why not.

I mean, if someone was accusing me of something I didn't do, I'd want to clear my name as soon as possible, but Essendon are not doing this. A person such as myself can only assume one thing.

Last edited:
What happened the fraud that Alavi and Willcourt accused Dank of?

What really stopped Alavi from testifying? We've heard a lame reason for Charter - but nothing about why Alavi didn't want to front up?

What was behind the AFL Tribunal's decision to not accept 'belief as fact' in the hearing?

Which doctor's name is on the sripts that Alavi used to compound the drugs? And what drug did he prescribe on these scripts? And who did he/she say the patient was?

I could go on, and on, and on.......and probably will....

Yep, in the absence of answers, the questions keep on coming :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back