Questions you hate being asked?

Remove this Banner Ad

"How are the ladies treating ya?" (every time I see a mate of my Dad's)

That is the classic 'I'm an old man who is past my use by date but would like to show I am young and hip and live vicariously a bit' question.

The uber banal 'so up to much this weekend?' from work mates shits me to tears. Really, what are you supposed to say in response, and why are they going to care?

"How's uni going?" - If I don't know you that well, I'd rather not give a lecture about why I don't like it.

"Whereabouts do you live?" - I find this question rather confronting from people I barely know.

Any question pertaining to my personal finance, income, expenditure is off limits to anyone.

I hate my students asking me how old I am. When I first started at my current school my students asked me how old I was and I replied, "21". Three years later they still ask me how old I am and I say, "21". They haven't wondered yet how it is possible for me to be 21 for three years, nor about the fact that I don't look anywhere in the remote vicinity of 21.

I hate my students asking me how old I am. When I first started at my current school my students asked me how old I was and I replied, "21". Three years later they still ask me how old I am and I say, "21". They haven't wondered yet how it is possible for me to be 21 for three years, nor about the fact that I don't look anywhere in the remote vicinity of 21.

When I get that, I just say "guess", is always interesting to hear their answers.

The q I hate from little nosy shits "do you have a bf?"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I absolutely hate being asked about uni. Once you get that question you know there are more coming about whether you like it, career options etc. I'm *en sick of telling people.

I also hate being asked if I'm single/have a girlfriend. You can't give the "none of your business" line, because even though it is none of their business, we all know it means no. I was actually asked this quite recently in front of a group. Unexpectedly one of them called out the person who asked it for being rude, saying "He'll tell you if he wants to." I was apologised to by the offender.

Here's one to use if your being asked by the relos when are you going to tie the knot

When I was younger I hated going to weddings. It seemed that all of my aunts and the grandmotherly types used to come up to me, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, 'You're next.'

They stopped that s**t after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.

"So what have you been up to?" about a week or so after last seeing that person. I live an exceedingly boring life devoid of any variety and I don't like having to use the shitty cliched "Yeah the usual mate and yourself?".

I pretty much hate polite, pointless chatter.

I genuinely cannot be bothered with such pleasantries TBH, usually because I genuinely just do not care what someone has been up to, for example. Everyone leads off conversation with that sort of stuff though, so if you're dismissive of it, you kind of look like a prick who doesn't want to talk to people. Can have its advantages...

Job interview's - Why do you want to work for us & Where do you see yourself in 5 years time.

First one in is still a genuine question I think if you are talking about a specialized role... but the second one is sooooooo cliche... better to ask the question in another form like 'what are your career plans?'

Is that what you ask Mrs Bots....fearing the worst ?
bun-in-the-oven.jpg

There's that crust.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back