Questions you hate being asked?

Work related one, when people come up to my register and ask why it's so busy. I don't ******* know, because people want to buy their groceries at this particular point in time?
Or they come in a minute after a busy spell where you've worked your ass off (I work at a small, independent place with two cashiers and sometimes one) and say 'Gee, pretty quiet around here today!'.

Get your s**t, and get out.

I have been here for 11 hours.

You're lucky I'm still smiling.

Sep 27, 2012
Hawks heartland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Bushrangers Tottenham Hotspur
What are your two biggest weaknesses?

Yes, I know you want to see if I'm self aware, but it still shits me.

Oh yes, I hate that question. There is no way I am going to admit to any weaknesses in a job interview. Next time I'm going to ask the interviewer why their workplace is a crap place to work.

I get asked it when I am asked to give references too and really hate answering it as if I have agreed to give someone a reference I think that overall they will be a good employee, the last thing I want to do is prejudice a prospective employer against them by talking about their weaknesses!

Sep 22, 2000
Calling Wambulances for the Geelong whiners
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ford
"are you christian?"

this bloke hates that question

665197-dan-christian.jpg

Aug 13, 2007
Vancouver
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oilers
This is how to handle a job interview

Skip to 3:05 for the 'weaknesses' question.

Haha, that was good. You could always just copy The Office and say "exzema".

The trick with that one is to make it something that's also a positive. For example, I deal with numbers a lot. I would usually say something like I'm a bit of a perfectionist and although I don't miss deadlines it can slow me down a little because I like to varify results before sharing with others.

TassieSaint

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 5, 2007
Hobart
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Tassie Tigers
When it's like 5 overs into a test match.
"Who's winning?"
On that topic, I wouldn't say I hate it but it does grate me when someone who I can tell clearly doesn't follow a sport tries to have a convo about it with you like they some die hard fan. Like it's fair enough to feign interest in something someone else likes for the sake of conversation, but there's no need to pretend like you know everything.

Usually it ends up with them saying some stupid s**t (along the lines of "who's winning" in a test match) and you're left with the awkward situation of either calling them out for having nfi or playing along.

Back