Health Quit Smoking - all mental

Remove this Banner Ad

I woke up this morning with a nice little notification on my phone saying one year without a cigarette. More people should share their stories as this thread is great reading for positive reinforcement.

I woke up this morning with a nice little notification on my phone saying one year without a cigarette. More people should share their stories as this thread is great reading for positive reinforcement.

Dude, today is my birthday and it has been exactly a year since my last dart after smoking for 23 years. I didn't actually want to give up my wife forced me. Cold turkey first attempt. It's all in your head. Get over the first month and there is nothing physically drawing you to it. Mind over matter.

actually, forgot about this thread. 2 months and still going strong. have been sorely tempted mind you. Gotta start weaning myself off the patches, but they have helped.

4 days smoke free cold turkey. I think I might buy some gum to help me along. Just writing this has triggered a craving ahhh

4 days smoke free cold turkey. I think I might buy some gum to help me along. Just writing this has triggered a craving ahhh

The end is in sight - not long to go now and the withdrawal will be complete. The urge will pass - go do something that will take your mind off it.

Well done

I gave up (was a pack a day for nearly 10 years) just over 4 years ago when my best friend told me she was pregnant. I went cold turkey but I had an app on my phone that tracked how much money I had saved since I quit, how many cigarettes I'd not smoked, and how much I was increasing my lung capacity/decreasing my risk of cancer every day, which I found to be a big motivator.

You can do it, you just need to make the firm decision that you want to quit and within no time you'll hate the smell.

I'm so glad from both a monetary and health perspective that I've never got into smoking. Although, to be fair, you could say the same for alcohol and I certainly do drink.

I was lucky, I suppose, in that no one in my close family smoked and so there was never any real exposure to it when I was growing up.

I gave up (was a pack a day for nearly 10 years) just over 4 years ago when my best friend told me she was pregnant. I went cold turkey but I had an app on my phone that tracked how much money I had saved since I quit, how many cigarettes I'd not smoked, and how much I was increasing my lung capacity/decreasing my risk of cancer every day, which I found to be a big motivator.

You can do it, you just need to make the firm decision that you want to quit and within no time you'll hate the smell.

Link to app?

today is day 95 for me

the fact that I'm going through a marriage breakup at the same time I've quit is a minor miracle. no desire to light up at all

this was the 4th attempt of quitting I've had. no idea what made it stick this time at all, but I've gone cold turkey. as expected the first week or two was hell, but now it's easy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am a smoker again and I hate the smell.

I like the idea of quitting. But to be honest I know I look cooler when I have one in hand, and I don't particularly want to quit - I just like the idea of not smoking. I just don't currently have the mindset to quit.

One day I will get there.

I like the idea of quitting. But to be honest I know I look cooler when I have one in hand, and I don't particularly want to quit - I just like the idea of not smoking. I just don't currently have the mindset to quit.

Look cooler to who?

Each to their own - I don't have an issue with people who smoke - shits me no end the backlash smokers get especially from people who drink or/and engage in illicit drugs - hypocrites.

I haven't smoked for a couple of years. But having a drink really is still a strong motivator for having one. I don't drink at home so it's fine but if I go out drinking, which isn't that often, I really struggle not to have one.

Still going strong
Actually bought an elliptical off gumtree to get a little fitter
Had to take the ******* thing apart to get it into the spare room as it was a big one.

Will say again, if your thinking about doing it get allen carrs book if nothing else is working
I smoked since i was around 20 only quitting once for about 3 months maybe, with patches.

This time its different

Do it!!!

You do not look cooler.

That perception is entirely due to marketing.

Non smokers think you look like a dirty addict.

You do not look cooler.

That perception is entirely due to marketing.

Non smokers think you look like a dirty addict.
Yeah, I don't care about their opinions. Surely you realise I jest anyway.

Dirty addict? Talk about loaded language!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back