Review R1, April 5, 2015 - GC v Melbourne @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Rory T is worrying me
Has become Mr Fumbly
Just checking the stats I'm amazed how close we were in the end
Just had too many players not turn up
You know Gaz, Dion, Dave Swallow, Maysie, Harbs and Trent are going to turn up and do what they can on the day

What's the deal with Harley Bennel? He's one of the most talented players in the AFL when he's on, but he looked lazy and disinterested today.

Is there a reason he's playing as a stay at home forward and not getting more midfield time? Was he injured during the preseason? It seems a waste to not have him around the ball as much as possible.

What's the deal with Harley Bennel? He's one of the most talented players in the AFL when he's on, but he looked lazy and disinterested today.

Is there a reason he's playing as a stay at home forward and not getting more midfield time? Was he injured during the preseason? It seems a waste to not have him around the ball as much as possible.

I never know about Harley's tank
But he should be doing the Breust role I reckon

We have no other forwards. Playing him in that position today was the right move.

We lost all our momentum when Gaz fumbled that ball in the goal square. He tried to take it with his bad arm and just couldn't control it. I hope he hasn't done structural damage.

So many of our players were just lazy. Smith no aggression. May was the only player I'd give a pass. He fought hard all day and actually made it count when he had the ball.

We lost all our momentum when Gaz fumbled that ball in the goal square. He tried to take it with his bad arm and just couldn't control it. I hope he hasn't done structural damage.

So many of our players were just lazy. Smith no aggression. May was the only player I'd give a pass. He fought hard all day and actually made it count when he had the ball.
Prestia, Saad, Shaw, Garlett all good as well. Gorringe's best game for us.

sunny how many changes to you think there will be in the side for next week against st kildamatehave you got any idea thank you.

sunny how many changes to you think there will be in the side for next week against st kildamatehave you got any idea thank you.
I'd drop Smith and bring in Nicholls. Aaron Hall was clear best on for our 2s today so he might come under consideration.

Lynch also has to come in... I'd think Matera might get a call up too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gary could barely lift his left arm up should have not played with out at least one game under is belt.
I couldn't see the game was he really that bad? Very, very surprised because of the big deal made about Maxy Kennedy giving him a really rough work-out to test it beforehand and Big Max would be harder than just about everyone in the Melbourne side bar Jones.

I thought Day did well, better than Goringe at least, pretty impressed with tourk at well, feels like we have to many left footers as well sometimes haha.

I couldn't see the game was he really that bad? Very, very surprised because of the big deal made about Maxy Kennedy giving him a really rough work-out to test it beforehand and Big Max would be harder than just about everyone in the Melbourne side bar Jones.
Turned it over pretty often.

Did Danny Stanley play in the NEAFL?
If he got through straight back in for mine
Also Lemmens would be the obvious replacement for Matty Shaw if he goes for the brain fade
Fish will play
Tom Lynch in

Lynch, Stanley, Matera and Lemmens Nicholls at home at Metricon already makes me feel better

Prestia, Saad, Shaw, Garlett all good as well. Gorringe's best game for us.
I'll agree Saad was good, but Prestia 52% DE, Shaw 56% DE and I saw him give up the chase a few times, beside getting reported, and Garlett was the sub so you expect him to get the ball being fresh but only got 3 effective disposals away.

Gorringe looked good so that just shows how s**t we must of been ;)

Positives
Touk,
Gary getting through the game
Gorringe
May
Martin

Negatives
Smith was woeful
Shaw
Inability to find a target
Day

Basically Melbourne looked harder, fiercer and in fairness were the better team by quite some margin on the day, well done to them

don't crash and burn suns. was a great game of footy with one team trying to make a name for them selves and the other making a mark in time. both teams succeeded and one was the victor. there are no grand finals in april and now there are 23 to go.

I know Gaz is all natural and holy, but if he expects to play out the season... Or even make it to Rd2 he surely needs to start using pain killers. We saw today he is clearly underdone in recovery and can't even complete a pre-game warm up without grimacing. The dudes in a world of pain. You can't concentrate on a game of footy in that state.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back