Review R1, April 5, 2015 - GC v Melbourne @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Sexton BoG? :/ Everywhere?

I guess those 8 kicks and 3 tackles were pretty good! ;)

He went poor/ok as one of our main forwards. But he must play midfield to get the best out of himself.

I know he wasn't on the stat sheet, but it felt like every major move you made he was involved, all his touches he made space and was effective. Worried me more than Gazza for a while there.

The Boston Irish is coming out in you, Sunny :p

Only 6 posts on Big Footy and you're already my favourite poster :p ;)[/Q
On the couch tonight Geread stated "Suns loss the most disappointing of the round" Browny nodded along, so did I
i can't believe certain people on this forum acting as if it's doomsday for god sake it is only round 1 suns will bounce back hard next week.

give some credit to melbourne mate for god sake anyway goldcoast to hit hard next week and then hopefully we won't hear the rubbish on hear from you again

give some credit to melbourne mate for god sake anyway goldcoast to hit hard next week and then hopefully we won't hear the rubbish on hear from you again
Whether GC plays hard next week or not doesn't take away from the fact that the team played like a bunch of careless children on Saturday. It's performances like that against teams like the Demons (sorry Dees fans) that show us all that we're not ready for finals. Performances like that should never happen, and until we play consistently, we're not top 8 material. Fact.

i can't believe certain people on this forum acting as if it's doomsday for god sake it is only round 1 suns will bounce back hard next week.
Don't blow ya lid mate... we all come on hear to vent out frustration and share our excitement and opinions. If we can't do that, what's the point. If you want to look on the bright side 100% the time then that's your prerogative, but if you're going to have a go at everyone that expresses disappointment at a loss then you'll need to take some extra time off work that week.

hi understand your frustration mate all i was getting across was it only round one gold coast will be a very good side and they will definitely make the 8 this year anyway that's all i was saying have a good night

Credit to melbourne, they simply were the better team on the day. I was a bit shocked that we lined Gaz up primarily in the guts vs. just having him there on paper and forcing the dees to account for that. Viney simply tore Gaz up. I really thought Gaz up forward would allow him to use his run and creativity and would allow Hallahan, Rischa and Dion to do the heavy work and feed it up forward with an underdone Day and a misfiring Gorringe up there.

That said, we really had 1 terrible quarter where they shredded us as a team and for the most part we fought back but couldn't get past that terrible start. I reckon Gorringe goes for Lynch, Matera in for Miller and we'll see who gets in from the 2s.

That said, we really had 1 terrible quarter where they shredded us as a team and for the most part we fought back but couldn't get past that terrible start.
You're the first person I've seen to acknowledge this - well done! It's a great point, and very true. If we hadn't farked up that one quarter, we may have won the game. We let it slip in the first round, and as pathetic as the performance was, it hopefully won't be indicative of the rest of our season!

This was the bad game Gaz needed to have to get him back to match fitness. As disappointed as I was watching that game, I had to remind myself that Gaz hadn't played a game for a while, and he has been training while recovering from injury. He should get better as the year goes on.

Our forward structure looked in shambles. Our midfield looked weaker than usual due to sending midfielders up forward to compensate for our weakened forward line.

I remember Dermie tipping the Dees to win, and explaining that Round One was a bit of a gamble, and the advantage usually went to the home team - especially against teams travelling interstate - doubted him at the time, but he had a good point in hindsight.

We should look better with a full side (obviously), so I will see what we're like by round 10.

Credit to the Dees, of course. They earned that victory with hard work and grunt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kk had a good first quarter then noticed thru the second quarter he was tagging Lumumba! After Kk went on him Lumumba had a further 4 disposals cause I watched his stats! Did anyone else notice? Thought Kade shut him down ok.

Yep. Kade shut down Harry extremely well, which is concerning. We need his running power and ball-use.

Put the spuds to do the tagging roles! Not our pick #5's. Hopefully did it for education reasons or something. Not a permanent thing.

Yes he is too valuable to be a tagger

Just wondering what the free to Watts in the last quarter against Rory T was for that he kicked a goal from when we were still in it.
Still trying to work it out
I suspect it was for Watts being too weak in the contest and falling over

Just wondering what the free to Watts in the last quarter against Rory T was for that he kicked a goal from when we were still in it.
Still trying to work it out
I suspect it was for Watts being too weak in the contest and falling over
I think Rory kicked it out on the full?

my issue with gaz was that he couldnt tackle or mark..
he would go up one hand to mark and wouldnt go anywhere near tackling anyone

If it is as bad as you seem to think it is expect a retirement announcement

Personally I think he was rusty and a little timid, I expect him to be better for the run next week

If it is as bad as you seem to think it is expect a retirement announcement

Personally I think he was rusty and a little timid, I expect him to be better for the run next week
im not saying retirement. im saying not ready to come back and play yet

Yep. Kade shut down Harry extremely well, which is concerning. We need his running power and ball-use.

Put the spuds to do the tagging roles! Not our pick #5's. Hopefully did it for education reasons or something. Not a permanent thing.

My thoughts exactly when I saw that.. why not use Broughton? He was getting carved up anyway and he's showed he could tag/shut down quite effectively when he was a Docker and KK is way more damaging than Broughts?

Surely wont be a permanent thing as you've said, KK freed up on a wing can only be good for you guys. Confident you guys will bounce back hard vs Saints! :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back