Preview R14: Changes v West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think MWNN is a genius.
Buy a 3 game membership, gain their trust, destroy the board from within.

Im onto it, have no fear Omar and fellow Melbourne supporters, not on my watch he won't.

tumblr_mdypg7RauT1raikxso1_500.png

I would be holding JKH back until after the Darwin game. Those NT games are always taxing on the players, would prefer to have him come in against Essendon as a fresh player replacing someone who played in the heat the week before.

I would be holding JKH back until after the Darwin game. Those NT games are always taxing on the players, would prefer to have him come in against Essendon as a fresh player replacing someone who played in the heat the week before.

yep, as i mentioned previously its the only reason i wouldn't have Toumpas in the gun this week.

Id consider it madness if we took a tall side and blokes who haven't got enough miles in their legs up to Darwin.

Garland (for the LeCras match-up) and Hogan are the only blokes id consider this week as ins. Spencer has to come out in my mind despite being alright last week, Riley probably the other.

Right, so the least important round in the year is over, and we're T-5 to game day! Wanna fight* about it!?!?

* = Discuss in a manner befitting responsible adults.

Your life exists in a rubbish time zone.

Shut up! This is the better 2-hr delay part of the year! :oops:

What time is it? Stop posting messages from the distant past. Have you guys discovered fire yet??

But hey, while I've got you here, can you tell me what this new-fangled "disco" thing is?

The prelude to roller blades. It's the next big thing.

Also, Chris Masten has silly hair. Zing.

Who do we tag this week? Priddis is the obvious answer and reckon if you stop him you go a major way to stopping the eagles, problem is that he is practically unstoppable. Is it better to shut down Shuey and Gaff and give Priddis less support?

Who do we tag this week? Priddis is the obvious answer and reckon if you stop him you go a major way to stopping the eagles, problem is that he is practically unstoppable. Is it better to shut down Shuey and Gaff and give Priddis less support?

Have Cross, Viney and Vince - guys who can tag and still win their own ball. Would chuck Viney on Priddis, Vince on Shuey or Masten and leave Cross free to do whatever... probably needed to drop into space in the back 50 given West Coast's forward line. If Matt Jones is going to be in the team, he should follow Gaff around.

Yep, good question. First instinct is to just say 'yeah Viney gets the job on Priddis' but I have doubts about this one. Priddis just seems too big and strong for Jack. Maybe we send Vince to Priddis and try and get him to play a replica of the Adelaide game? Then Viney can run with one of Shuey or Gaff, who he seems a bit more suited to.

Really interesting game, this one. I can't get my head around anything but us suffering a belting, but I also think if we can break even in the midfield and get it going forward quickly, we have firepower there. They do too though, probably more than us. But then I probably rate our backline at least as good as theirs. Playing in Darwin means whoever is fitter has a huge advantage which makes me worried. When we get tired, we completely fall apart.

Tough one to know what will happen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree that Priddis is too big for Viney, Priddis hasn't had a game under 20 possies for his last 46 games, he's too hard to stop. Thing about him is he isn't damaging by foot, he is a poor kicker, his best work is getting the inside ball and feeding it out to the outside runners in Gaff and Masten. Priddis averages 8.83 kicks and 21.42 handballs a game this year.

I would let Priddis get the ball but shut down the players he is feeding the ball to, let Priddis kick it. I would have Vince on Gaff shutting their best receiver out of the game and Viney on Shuey who is the second best ball winner but more damaging with it, this leaving more work for Priddis to do. Possibly then Matt Jones moving up on Masten.

Plus he snagged 2 goals last week as well, he was more than handy on Enright
He's actually been decent as a defending forward, his midfield days are over but might have a future up forward if he can keep working on it.

He's actually been decent as a defending forward, his midfield days are over but might have a future up forward if he can keep working on it.

He did a good Job on Rob Murphy as well, both him and Bail would be good players if they could tidy up there skills, you can certainly trust them to do a defensive job

Speaking of which I miss Clint Bartram

He did a good Job on Rob Murphy as well, both him and Bail would be good players if they could tidy up there skills, you can certainly trust them to do a defensive job

Jones' skills haven't been too bad, at 80%+ disposal efficiency this year I think, Bail has a lot of work to do though and after all these years has had the time to improve them. Ideally they are playing the role we want Dean Kent to play, and as good as Kent was earlier in the year Jonesy might be ahead of him. Kent won't be an automatic inclusion when he returns if Jones can keep this up, Kent will have to force his way back through the VFL which will only be a good thing long term.

Jones' skills haven't been too bad, at 80%+ disposal efficiency this year I think, Bail has a lot of work to do though and after all these years has had the time to improve them. Ideally they are playing the role we want Dean Kent to play, and as good as Kent was earlier in the year Jonesy might be ahead of him. Kent won't be an automatic inclusion when he returns if Jones can keep this up, Kent will have to force his way back through the VFL which will only be a good thing long term.

Matt Jones skills have always been ok, I think a couple people criticized him and then everyone just jumped on an went with it, Kent was better than Jones has been but after basically 3 months off he will have to play some reserves to get touch you would think
All those concussions hurt Bail, he was going ok in the midfield before those run of head knocks, I dont mind either of them because you can never accuse them of drifting through a game

Just on Jones he seems to have kept it more simple lately, concentrating on the basics

Matt Jones skills have always been ok, I think a couple people criticized him and then everyone just jumped on an went with it, Kent was better than Jones has been but after basically 3 months off he will have to play some reserves to get touch you would think
All those concussions hurt Bail, he was going ok in the midfield before those run of head knocks, I dont mind either of them because you can never accuse them of drifting through a game

Just on Jones he seems to have kept it more simple lately, concentrating on the basics
I'm not sure Kent was better, it's debatable but Jones shut down Bob Murphy and a few others while kicking more goals than Kent, Kent was playing well so like I said it's debatable but long term obviously Kent is the one to go for so its good that he has competition for his spot at least.

Not going to lie, not a fan of Bail, can't complain about his efforts and desire but his skills are simply no where near AFL standard, and against Geelong made some cringeworthy skill errors. I can't see him going on next year but I can with Jones.

Please, give me Philthy Read any day of the week. Speaking of which, this week is the Phil Read Cup, presenting this years cup will be Adelaide coach, Phil Walsh:

Phil-Walsh-AFL-628.JPG

'In memory of Phillip Read, the kinda guy who would have Bernie Vince taken off the ground on a stretcher'

I'm not sure Kent was better, it's debatable but Jones shut down Bob Murphy and a few others while kicking more goals than Kent, Kent was playing well so like I said it's debatable but long term obviously Kent is the one to go for so its good that he has competition for his spot at least.

Not going to lie, not a fan of Bail, can't complain about his efforts and desire but his skills are simply no where near AFL standard, and against Geelong made some cringeworthy skill errors. I can't see him going on next year but I can with Jones.

He hadnt hit the form he was in at the back end of last season but I think he was adjusting to having Garlett down there as well who was the go to small forward

Think your right on Jones and Bail, Id take Jones for another year and move Bail on

Please, give me Philthy Read any day of the week. Speaking of which, this week is the Phil Read Cup, presenting this years cup will be Adelaide coach, Phil Walsh:

View attachment 147925

'In memory of Phillip Read, the kinda guy who would have Bernie Vince taken off the ground on a stretcher'

I loved when we had Phil Read and an Angry Brent Moloney in the same midfield..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back