Preview R14 v Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clearly more than just "soreness" for JB. Didn't somebody here say he trained with the main group last week?

I wouldn't read anything more into it than they are being extra cautious. As long as he plays enough to hit 50 games in his 3rd year then he's on track imo.

It would be good to see Hugh play against his cousin. I'm fairly certain Fisher won't play but we'll give him every chance. Goddard plays if Fisher doesn't IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's richos problem with Delaney at the moment
the fact he is getting beaten in every aspect except 1on1's. he gets torched in every lead.

No one is ever out for 4-5 weeks with shin soreness, it's gotta be more than just shin soreness. I don't want to be over pessimistic, but if he misses another week, it's got to be a fracture of some sort.

Would have loved to have him against the dons, always seems to play well against his old mob. Let's just hope he''s 100% for next week.

We really need him out there on the park, he is special

Pretty sure it is shin splints, there's a podcast somewhere that says billings has shin splints.

Also, Sinclair for Minchington, and Fisher for Delaney. Goddard emg for Fish (I think Goddard would beat Daniher tbh)

Hickey, Minch, Goddard emergencies.

No one is ever out for 4-5 weeks with shin soreness, it's gotta be more than just shin soreness. I don't want to be over pessimistic, but if he misses another week, it's got to be a fracture of some sort.

Would have loved to have him against the dons, always seems to play well against his old mob. Let's just hope he''s 100% for next week.

We really need him out there on the park, he is special
i don't think its a fracture, ever since he was first out until now he hasn't been seen with crutchers or struggling to walk.

saints are IMO giving him a mini pre season now so that he will be able to play a block of 7 or so games in a row at the end of the year

What's richos problem with Delaney at the moment
Mate, he's really not that good. He's slow and doesn't win many 1 on 1s. We definitely can't have him at FB when we are contending for premierships, he just won't do the job.

He kept Boyd to 1 goal last week, but that doesn't mean anything to be honest. Boyd is rubbish at the moment. He only kicked 4 goals the week before because of the umpires.

Dunstan and Minchington named on the bench for Sandringham in the VFL. Wouldn't be surprised to see Dunstan miss, I don't think he's 100% right now.

Interesting. If Dunstan goes out who comes in? Hickey and Goddard are hardly like-for-like replacements.

Ross clearly losses the sub vest and Goddard comes in for maybe savage?

Dunstan and Minchington named on the bench for Sandringham in the VFL. Wouldn't be surprised to see Dunstan miss, I don't think he's 100% right now.
Everyone on the interchange in named on Sandys bench(Sav, Ray, Dunstan, Minch, Ross) except Hickey and Goddard are named on field.

It's simply going to be Sinclair > Minch. Fish > Delaney, I would bet lots of money on that. (God > Del, if Fish isn't right)

Geez, a lot of very hard critiques of Delaney.

He's not a great defender on the lead, but that's not what he got him for; he's for the gorillas, and he's exactly what we all bitched about NOT having when everyone was whinging about Gwilt playing as a KPD.

He's still a valuable part of the puzzle, and will play a part in our rise along with Goddard.

Mate, he's really not that good. He's slow and doesn't win many 1 on 1s. We definitely can't have him at FB when we are contending for premierships, he just won't do the job.

He kept Boyd to 1 goal last week, but that doesn't mean anything to be honest. Boyd is rubbish at the moment. He only kicked 4 goals the week before because of the umpires.
I don't subscribe to this.. One on one he's actually excellent IMO.. He struggles on the lead.. He does well against the big stay at home forwards but not so much the mobile leading forwards

Delaney looks like a decent stop-gap for mine. Not a longterm solution. Had no idea what to expect from him when we got him. He's definitely exceeded my expectations though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back