Preview R17: Changes v St.Kilda: ANB, JKH out; Grimes, Michie in

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Melbourne round table meeting in the Vault

More annoyingly is everyone in the world said take Wines, even an amateur could see it

Nah boys take toumpas, he has more upside

Everyone thought Toump would be top 2 mate?

Still can't believe how good that Garlett trade /pick was. He's gonna end up kicking the best part of 50 goals for a bottom 4 side if he stays uninjured. Makes me shudder to think how we'd be going if we didn't get him. At least there's one piece of recruitment to cancel out but one of the horror decisions of the past.

I'm not too concerned with JKH. We know he can do some decent things. His lack of pace is a bit of a worry though.

Having watched some vfl this year too, Toumpas concerns me. He doesn't excel like Jones/Bail/Jordie et al do at that level. That's worrying imo

Toumpas was always raged higher than Wines before the draft, sometimes as high as #2 behind Whitfield. Even Viney was usually rated better than Wines.

Indeedy, but serving up a late night souvlaki doesn't have quite the same ring to it.
I think the difference is drinking. They are the same but if I'm drunk I sort of feel more like it is a kebab

I think the difference is drinking. They are the same but if I'm drunk I sort of feel more like it is a kebab

I used to work near Bankstown in western Sydney and had a chicken "wrap" in Centro that had the same oil content as your typical Exxon Valdez tanker. Yes during or after a big night out, otherwise sits terribly in the middle of a work day. Can still recall the afternoon seediness.

You'll have to blame Jack Viney - his old man drafted Toump and Jack raved about him on radio that year.

Its understandable why he plays so angry isn't it? Id hate myself as well.

Its understandable why he plays so angry isn't it? Id hate myself as well.

I've heard Jack's nickname for Toumpas is "The Inflatable Boy". Can anyone confirm?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok, im lost.

There's this inflatable boy, see, and he goes to this inflatable school and, while there, finds himself having a really bad day. Bored with the lesson, he gets up and walks out of the inflatable classroom and while walking down the corridor, he spies the inflatable headmaster approaching him. Panicking, the inflatable boy pulls out a pin and punctures the inflatable headmaster before running out of the inflatable school gates. As he passes the gates, he thinks again, "I hate school", and once more pulls out his pin and pokes it into the inflatable school. He then runs as fast as his inflatable legs allow, all the way home and races into his inflatable bedroom.

A couple of hours later, his inflatable mother is knocking at his bedroom door and with her are the inflatable Police. Left with no alternative, our inflatable boy again pulls out the pin and this time savagely jabs it into himself. Everything goes dark...

Later on that evening, he wakes up in an inflatable hospital and, in the bed next to him, sees the inflatable headmaster.

Shaking his deflated head - more in sorrow than in anger - the Headmaster gravely intones:

"You've let me down; you've let the school down, but worst of all, you've let yourself down."

errrr OK……. now what does this have to do with Jimmy Toumpas?

Do I need to rewrite it with the inflatable Melbourne Football Club and the inflatable Greek Community? Fine.

Two Mexicans are stuck in the desert, wandering aimlessly and close to death. They are close to just lying down and waiting for the inevitable, when all of a sudden. ......

"Hey Pepe, do you smell what I smell. Ees bacon, I ees sure of eet."

"Si, Luis eet smells like bacon to meee."

So, with renewed strength, they struggle up the next sand dune, and there, in the distance, is a tree loaded with bacon!

There's raw bacon, dripping with moisture, there's fried bacon, back bacon, double smoked bacon...every imaginable kind of cured pig meat.

"Pepe! Pepe! We is saved. Eees a bacon tree!"

"Luis, are you sure ees not a meerage? We ees in the desert don't forget."

"Pepe when deed you ever hear of a meerage that smell like bacon? Eees no meerage, ees a bacon tree!"

And with that, Luis races towards the tree. He gets to within 5 metres, when all of a sudden, a machine gun opens up and Luis is cut down in his tracks. He is mortally wounded but, true friend that he is, he manages to warn Pepe with his dying breath.

"Pepe...go back man! You was right - ees not a bacon tree!"

"Luis! Luis, mi amigo...what ees it?"

"Pepe...ees not a bacon tree.....

Ees

Ees

Ees

Eees a Ham Bush!"

Do I need to rewrite it with the inflatable Melbourne Football Club and the inflatable Greek Community? Fine.

Two Mexicans are stuck in the desert, wandering aimlessly and close to death. They are close to just lying down and waiting for the inevitable, when all of a sudden. ......

"Hey Pepe, do you smell what I smell. Ees bacon, I ees sure of eet."

"Si, Luis eet smells like bacon to meee."

So, with renewed strength, they struggle up the next sand dune, and there, in the distance, is a tree loaded with bacon!

There's raw bacon, dripping with moisture, there's fried bacon, back bacon, double smoked bacon...every imaginable kind of cured pig meat.

"Pepe! Pepe! We is saved. Eees a bacon tree!"

"Luis, are you sure ees not a meerage? We ees in the desert don't forget."

"Pepe when deed you ever hear of a meerage that smell like bacon? Eees no meerage, ees a bacon tree!"

And with that, Luis races towards the tree. He gets to within 5 metres, when all of a sudden, a machine gun opens up and Luis is cut down in his tracks. He is mortally wounded but, true friend that he is, he manages to warn Pepe with his dying breath.

"Pepe...go back man! You was right - ees not a bacon tree!"

"Luis! Luis, mi amigo...what ees it?"

"Pepe...ees not a bacon tree.....

Ees

Ees

Ees

Eees a Ham Bush!"

What the * - that's a running gag in my family.

Melbourne round table meeting in the Vault

More annoyingly is everyone in the world said take Wines, even an amateur could see it

Nah boys take toumpas, he has more upside
Literally everyone said Toumpas, Wines was insurance.

Lets not re-write history. It was the consensus pick.

Literally everyone said Toumpas, Wines was insurance.

Lets not re-write history. It was the consensus pick.

Literally everyone? I doubt that.

Alright, maybe like one guy.

Ask experts who the best player in the game is and you'll get 5 to 10 different answers. I'm sure plenty of recruiters had other higher picks or were cold on Toumpas as well. His draft highlights video was pretty underwhelming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back