Preview R18: Changes v Collingwood - ANB in for Stretch

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you guys see yourself as a chance this week?

Want to sit down and see you down the Pies but dont want to be cockteased for half a game only for the scum to take the game.

Do you guys see yourself as a chance this week?

Want to sit down and see you down the Pies but dont want to be cockteased for half a game only for the scum to take the game.

Depends how we start, with their forwardline weakened I give us a chance. We've been playing like crabs of late though so I could see us getting rolled 14 goals to 4.

Collingwood have lost something like 5 straight games? I can't see that continuing against us. They will be looking to get back on track against a team that hasn't put up much of a fight against them for years. I don't care what outs they have. They will refuse to lose to a rabble such as the MFC.

Collingwood have lost something like 5 straight games? I can't see that continuing against us. They will be looking to get back on track against a team that hasn't put up much of a fight against them for years. I don't care what outs they have. They will refuse to lose to a rabble such as the MFC.
If they lose to us the Pies fans will go apeshit. Roos would get some insight into what a real meltdown looks like.

We matched up with them reasonably well last time. Elliot and Cloke kicked 10 between them and they're both listed as 'test' for this week.

If we play like we did against Geelong then a good game is probably on the cards.

We matched up with them reasonably well last time. Elliot and Cloke kicked 10 between them and they're both listed as 'test' for this week.

If we play like we did against Geelong then a good game is probably on the cards.
That is a giant IF. But IF we play like we did against Geelong we should win comfortably. However, we will not play like we did against Geelong.

That is a giant IF. But IF we play like we did against Geelong we should win comfortably. However, we will not play like we did against Geelong.
If ifs and buts were candy and nuts then... uh I forget how that goes. But the point is.... Uh I forget that too

IMO we played better against Collingwood on QB day barring a few glaring errors than we did against Geelong and we came up short that day. Even if we take out the errors (see Fitzy's tunnel ball) we probably just come up short.

On that day Garlett and Brayshaw did incredibly well in creating goals. Our midfield bossed Collingwood at stoppages and our backline were decent besides from Cloke's first quarter demolition. The one area from improvement was our tall forwards couldn't bring the ball down and Hogan was well beaten.

Taylor Adams is back in and Greenwood as well IIRC so the Pies midfield is stronger. Their forward line obviously weaker without Cloke and Elliott.

Can we hold them to a reasonable score (under 100 or even under 80) - sure.
Can win break even in the middle - Yes.
Can we move the ball well enough and kick a score to win - Unlikely.

For us to put up 80+ we need the oppositions pressure down and us to win enough ball to get on top and flow in to the game. I can't see that happening as Collingwood's pressure will likely be through the roof.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah sensible changes. Not sure if Tom McDonald plays forward or back. Dawes gets a game by default.

Glad to see ANB back in the side. Reckon it might be reaching the stage to actually give him some decent midfield minutes as well. At least worth a try. There's no point having Vince, Viney and Jones all get 25 playing inside midfield but not having any outside run. I'd free Vince up to play on a wing and try to get more outside ball.

White dropped too. Dunn on Moore. TMac better have a field day - their forward line is Carlton 2010 esque

White dropped too. Dunn on Moore. TMac better have a field day - their forward line is Carlton 2010 esque

And that's why they'll kick 20 goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back